Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fucking KNOW. She was all "I know this area, it's easy!" and then "... I've no idea where I am". We drove around a bit with her saying "I can figure it out!" but that just turned into driving in circles, so once we passed somewhere we'd already been, I just said fuck it and worked out how to get wherever it was we wanted (Broadway sounds familiar).
how sad, i think i know that area better than she does :doh: i have a gps unit in my car, but when i'm in nashville i rarely need it. i could tell you how to get from here to my hotel just off the top of my head. then how to get to opry mills road. and so on...

1031poster.jpg

Talk about scary. I wonder if she's a librarian.

yeah, that's tailgating too.

the tailgating they're referring to is before a big sports game, people hang out in the parking lot of the venue and grill food, etc. it's just a huge party.

Oh, strange. Well, I suppose I shouldn't say strange; for all I know, people do it here too. I've just always taken public transport to sporting events. So even driving to sports seems kind of strange for me.

that's exactly why i picked that hotel, sadly. i was looking at hotels, saw that one was on west end, and i was like "i have to stay here!"

You are a nerd.

Not that I'd stay in the hotel from Ghostbusters if I had the chance or anything.

how sad, i think i know that area better than she does :doh: i have a gps unit in my car, but when i'm in nashville i rarely need it. i could tell you how to get from here to my hotel just off the top of my head. then how to get to opry mills road. and so on...

Outside of routes she drove regularly, she was hopeless. I guess because she always just got directions from Google Maps and never bothered to study the map itself. Just read "left here, right there". But yeah, I was just amazed that nobody in her family owned a map or anything. Everybody I know here has a Melways in their car. And I'll study it to find routes that are shorter and avoid heavily trafficked roads or confusing intersections. Seems to work out better than trusting Google Maps' bizarre directions.

Outside of routes she drove regularly, she was hopeless. I guess because she always just got directions from Google Maps and never bothered to study the map itself. Just read "left here, right there". But yeah, I was just amazed that nobody in her family owned a map or anything. Everybody I know here has a Melways in their car. And I'll study it to find routes that are shorter and avoid heavily trafficked roads or confusing intersections. Seems to work out better than trusting Google Maps' bizarre directions.
well, to be honest, i rely on the internet maps too when i'm out of town. but i have a good photographic memory for driving, so i can get a good sense of my surroundings.

Short version?

Basically, Screwy fell for this librarian he met approximately twice, and fully intended to declare his love to her, even though she had already had a boyfriend. Interference collectively spent hours attempting to convince him that this was a horrible idea, and he eventually conceded.

As far as I know, anyway.

oooh, i like buffett. tell me about the tailgating :D

It was insane. A bunch of us went, more for the tailgating than the show (although that was fun, too), and these Parrotheads are hilarious. They set up drinking games and activities all throughout the parking lot. Lots of drunk guys raising hell, lots of drunk girls shedding certain clothes.

It was quite entertaining. I actually took some video of it. Hell if I know where the tape is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom