Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's fuckin rad. as the time gets closer i'll be hittin you up for tips on where to go, what to do, where to park, etc. omg if i could get a tailgate crowd to go, that would be so awesome.

I'd love to help if I can.

I'll tell you one thing though: parking was a fucking joke. We had to park in the city and take the subway from the city all the way to BC, which was the 2nd-to-last stop or something. Since it was in the middle of a Nor'Easter or something, it would've sucked to tailgate, too. I'd be surprised if most BC fans knew what that was, fucking goobers.

Oh, it was awesome. I loved the history in that city, just something you don't see down here very much. Well, you do, I guess, but not as impacting as that. It was crazy going up there for the FSU-BC game and actually seeing FSU win. That and the high comedy of the Bostonian accent made that trip worthwhile. Go for it.

The pitching coach of my high school's baseball team (and a substitute teacher at our high school) is from Boston. He says things like, "As a stahting pitcha on vahsity, you need to release from ya shoulda: hea, hea, and hea (here, here, and here)."

hey peeps.

pfan, what colleges here sent you letters?

Vanderbilt, 4 times.

I try to be realistic. I'd enjoy going into those, but there's very few spots in either field, which is why I'm trying to keep options open for something like business.

If you want to do it then just go for it. You have the talent and the heart. If you have the will and belief as well, things will fall into place. Trust me.

I try to be realistic. I'd enjoy going into those, but there's very few spots in either field, which is why I'm trying to keep options open for something like business.

That's probably the smart thing to do, Fredo.

I honestly don't know what else I'd do if I can't get into a Film school or program. So that's nice.

If you want to do it then just go for it. You have the talent and the heart. If you have the will and belief as well, things will fall into place. Trust me.

shooting-star469x245.gif

Isn't the large monster that pulls ships down to the bottom of the sea in Pirates of the Caribbean called Carek?

I believe that was the Kraken...

Not to be confused with Keira Knightley's legs which also have been known to pull men under...

I'd love to help if I can.

I'll tell you one thing though: parking was a fucking joke. We had to park in the city and take the subway from the city all the way to BC, which was the 2nd-to-last stop or something. Since it was in the middle of a Nor'Easter or something, it would've sucked to tailgate, too. I'd be surprised if most BC fans knew what that was, fucking goobers.

WHAT? They don't tailgate? WTF. that sucks. i'm sure i'll figure something out. how many games have you gone to?

honestly, pfan, i wouldn't stress so much about your major. some people know in their heart what they want to do and they go for it. but then there are others who aren't so positive...and, chances are, you'll end up changing your major anyway...or get a job in a completely different field after graduating, or go to grad school for something else.

WHAT? They don't tailgate? WTF. that sucks. i'm sure i'll figure something out. how many games have you gone to?

Up there? Only one, so I'm no real judge. When I was up there, the weather and parking situations were too bad to actually tailgate.

I've been to about 5-6 games up at FSU though... tailgating has been the highlight of those games, that's for sure.

ooh, not bad. it was on my short list of schools, except it was too expensive AND in nashville. a very nice part of nashville, i should say.

Yeah, it didn't seem like a bad part of the city when Kate got us lost there! God. I couldn't believe she didn't have a map book. She tried to tell me Americans don't carry street directories or anything in their cars. I had to guide us back to a road she knew using my memory of where we'd already gone ... and the fucking SUN.

Hey guys I don't even know what this thread is but have you ever noticed how Carek posts in every one of the fucking threads in OOC at the same time?

Jesus, that's insane.

Really? I hadn't noticed.

Now that you mention it, though ...

Do it! On my plane ride up there, I sat next to a woman who lived in Scranton, PA. That was awesome. Chicago is also a ballin' city, I'd love to live there if possible... even if NSW is up there.

The fact that The Office is in Scranton is ten times funnier if you've been there, trust me.

this sums up my thoughts about the city too.

Chicago's my favorite non-Philly city that I've been to.

honestly, pfan, i wouldn't stress so much about your major. some people know in their heart what they want to do and they go for it. but then there are others who aren't so positive...and, chances are, you'll end up changing your major anyway...or get a job in a completely different field after graduating, or go to grad school for something else.

or you might end up working for the Chinese. (no offense Major Panic)

Yeah, it didn't seem like a bad part of the city when Kate got us lost there! God. I couldn't believe she didn't have a map book. She tried to tell me Americans don't carry street directories or anything in their cars. I had to guide us back to a road she knew using my memory of where we'd already gone ... and the fucking SUN.
how could you get lost on west end? wtf. if i had to guess, she was trying to find broadway, or the interstate.

that's the part of nashville i always stay in when i visit there.

fuckin lame. it could be the shitstorm of the century and we'd still be out there with chicken and beer. i'll show them how it's done.

Fuck yeah. I'd bring a neon sign that says "THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING GO POWERJUICE," too.

OK, now I'm confused. Tailgating down here is when you're driving and follow somebody at an extremely close, unsafe distance. So, I'd quite like a city where people don't tailgate, but I'm gathering you mean something else?

OK, now I'm confused. Tailgating down here is when you're driving and follow somebody at an extremely close, unsafe distance. So, I'd quite like a city where people don't tailgate, but I'm gathering you mean something else?
yeah, that's tailgating too.

the tailgating they're referring to is before a big sports game, people hang out in the parking lot of the venue and grill food, etc. it's just a huge party.

You eat hot dogs in a parking lot before a game. That's American tailgating.

Cops don't really give a damn about enforcing your kind of tailgating here.

how could you get lost on west end? wtf. if i had to guess, she was trying to find broadway, or the interstate.

that's the part of nashville i always stay in when i visit there.

I don't fucking KNOW. She was all "I know this area, it's easy!" and then "... I've no idea where I am". We drove around a bit with her saying "I can figure it out!" but that just turned into driving in circles, so once we passed somewhere we'd already been, I just said fuck it and worked out how to get wherever it was we wanted (Broadway sounds familiar).

Fuck yeah. I'd bring a neon sign that says "THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING GO POWERJUICE," too.
oh it's so on

yeah we use it for that too. in the context of sporting events though, tailgating is when you get your homies, a trailer, a bbq, and lots of alcohol, and party up outside of the stadium/arena. haha at the colleges, it is a great way to watch alumni get shitfaced and listen to their stories.

Was it the East End Boys and West End Girls fucking your shit up, 'Ver? Is that what got you lost?

I'd blame David Bowie. He's notorious for that kind of tomfoolery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom