Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

I can't believe I just slept in past 1pm and then woke up and thought it was too early. I think this is a sign I need to fix my sleeping schedule.

You and me both, champ; even if I don't know how time actually works down under. Do the clocks spin in the opposite direction?

For Phanan, here's the Massachusetts schools:

Babson College
Bentley College
Boston College
Boston University
Brandeis University
Clark University
Hampshire College
Nichols College
Northeastern University
Stonehill College
Western New England College
Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Ha, I lived at both Nichols College and Bentley for a time.

Nichols is a small business school on the CT border that I don't think you'd want to bother with - it just doesn't have as much resources available as other places. Bentley is nice but full of snobby rich kids (well, I'm sure there are some that don't fall into that category, but they seemed to be everywhere during the short time I was there).

They've got a shitty stadium and the fans were mostly jackasses. But going up to Boston and chillin' like Thomas "Curly" Jefferson was pretty cool.

'Sup, 'Ver? That part of your username doesn't get enough credit.

I just hope you stayed out of Old Gregg's waters while you were there.

You just want to believe in him and trust him. I'd give him my virginity if he asked me, actually.

Wait, are we talking about Jimmy Stewart or Kate Bush? Either way, you're crazy if you don't agree.

Boston is a kickass city. Loved it up there. Didn't know where I was going 70% of the time, but the other 30% was very enjoyable.

I've never been. The one city that sounds the coolest (though Chicago was pretty awesome), and I've not made it up there yet. I'm making it a priority.

That's what I've heard too!! I've never been to Boston before though, so this'll be a good way to finally check it out.

Oh, it was awesome. I loved the history in that city, just something you don't see down here very much. Well, you do, I guess, but not as impacting as that. It was crazy going up there for the FSU-BC game and actually seeing FSU win. That and the high comedy of the Bostonian accent made that trip worthwhile. Go for it.

One thing I find interesting in comparison between US and Aussie universities is how it's perfectly standard and normal for people in the US to go to universities here, there, and everywhere, and often with nobody they know from high school, while over here, you'll typically go to one of the few unis in your city with just about your entire grade. Just about everybody I knew at high school went to Griffith. The fact I went to the University of Queensland, an hour north of the Gold Coast in Brisbane, was fairly unusual and I only know of a couple of other people in my grade of 120 (keeping in mind only about 80 went to uni) who went to university in Brisbane. Then, of course, I moved down to Melbourne and I'm 99% sure that makes me the person who has travelled furthest for university by over 1,000km.

I think it would be cool if you went into sports journalism or broadcasting.

I try to be realistic. I'd enjoy going into those, but there's very few spots in either field, which is why I'm trying to keep options open for something like business.

Hey guys I don't even know what this thread is but have you ever noticed how Carek posts in every one of the fucking threads in OOC at the same time?

Jesus, that's insane.

Oh, it was awesome. I loved the history in that city, just something you don't see down here very much. Well, you do, I guess, but not as impacting as that. It was crazy going up there for the FSU-BC game and actually seeing FSU win. That and the high comedy of the Bostonian accent made that trip worthwhile. Go for it.

that's fuckin rad. as the time gets closer i'll be hittin you up for tips on where to go, what to do, where to park, etc. omg if i could get a tailgate crowd to go, that would be so awesome.

I just hope you stayed out of Old Gregg's waters while you were there.

Why? It had all things that are good.

Wait, are we talking about Jimmy Stewart or Kate Bush? Either way, you're crazy if you don't agree.

Crazy?

kate1.jpg

No.

I've never been. The one city that sounds the coolest (though Chicago was pretty awesome), and I've not made it up there yet. I'm making it a priority.

Do it! On my plane ride up there, I sat next to a woman who lived in Scranton, PA. That was awesome. Chicago is also a ballin' city, I'd love to live there if possible... even if NSW is up there.

Boston is a kickass city. Loved it up there. Didn't know where I was going 70% of the time, but the other 30% was very enjoyable.

Boston is fantastic. Easily my favourite of the US cities I visited. I know you guys like to think of yourselves as the "new world" and stuff, but I was just stunned that Boston even has a PARK that was founded before Europeans discovered my country (the Boston Common was founded in 1636, if memory serves correctly; Abel Tasman sighted New Zealand in 1646, and hell, even the Maori had only been there for about 500-700 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom