Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DI-Retro - hope the due date is soon so hardy can stop tweaking it, LOL. And adding/deleting songs. Driving me crazy!!!
insane.gif
:wink:

:wave:

Someone's not paying attention. :tsk:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Retro Island - A Desert Island Spinoff Tournament

I enjoy how the formatting example has poor capitalization, yet demands it be exactly like that.

I find The Clash to be pretty overrated. The whole punk genre is terribly simple and uninteresting.

Well, it's because they were so simple that makes it so refreshing (and this is coming from your fellow prog fan). It's just fascinating to see how that whole movement went down, and how it transformed into post-punk and new wave.

I find The Clash to be pretty overrated. The whole punk genre is terribly simple and uninteresting.

I tend to agree on punk in general, but Train In Vain has an irresistible melody, and London Calling was an extremely creative, varied record.

See I just don't see what is so great about simplifying things. :shrug:

Punk was a knee-jerk reaction, for better or worse, but there are points when prog becomes so ridiculous that you couldn't possibly blame them for just saying "fuck it" and starting over from the beginning.

Sometimes the simplest of sounds turn out pretty good.

All those songs from the 50's and early 60's were simple. Sometimes just three chords produces magic in its own right.

But Screwtype thinks the 60's was the worst decade in the history of evar. :wink:

Punk was a knee-jerk reaction, for better or worse, but there are points when prog becomes so ridiculous that you couldn't possibly blame them for just saying "fuck it" and starting over from the beginning.

I agree with you. The things that bother me are that some punk bands get so much praise for doing so little and that punk is talked about by the media as this revolutionary thing while they rarely talk about prog rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom