Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please someone tell me why I am filling this thread with multiple posts instead of using multi-quotes? :reject:

:laugh: People rarely use multi-quote here! Place goes too fast a lot of the time. Probably part of why I have such a high post count too. :wink:

I like more complex names too. Always makes me wonder what the meanings or originalities of them are. I've never been to Arnhem, only drove past it. Hmm, gourmet bakery... Now I'm hungry :drool:

Unfortunately, it seems not many people in New Zealand are trained to bake like Europeans are, and have limited knowledge of gourmet styles. So my poor uncle is working himself into the ground as he can't find anybody else good enough to assist him! He's pretty much the only person in the upper half of the South Island able to bake certain breads and such. And damnit, now I'm feeling hungry too! Wish I had some nice bread ... all I've got is sliced white bread. :angry:

Ah, a good reason not to use that function then :wink:

Plus, I find responding to each post gets your point out there quicker and furthers discussion while you respond to other posts. And if you're like me and like making a lot of points, that's a damn good thing. :wink:

Unfortunately, it seems not many people in New Zealand are trained to bake like Europeans are, and have limited knowledge of gourmet styles. So my poor uncle is working himself into the ground as he can't find anybody else good enough to assist him! He's pretty much the only person in the upper half of the South Island able to bake certain breads and such. And damnit, now I'm feeling hungry too! Wish I had some nice bread ... all I've got is sliced white bread. :angry:

Really? I'm sure there must be some people out there who know how to bake! On the bright side, it means that your uncle is a really good baker and a chef at that :) Freshly baked bread... :drool:

Plus, I find responding to each post gets your point out there quicker and furthers discussion while you respond to other posts. And if you're like me and like making a lot of points, that's a damn good thing. :wink:

You have a very good point there ;)

Also, holy shit guys. I passed 20,000 Superthread posts in the last thread. 20,023 as of the end of Rooty Hill Holiday Inn.

Will have to go back and see what #20,000 was.

Really? I'm sure there must be some people out there who know how to bake! On the bright side, it means that your uncle is a really good baker and a chef at that :) Freshly baked bread... :drool:

I'm sure you could find some in the bigger cities, like Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, but outside there, it seems harder. He's in Nelson, which has a population of about 40,000-50,000. Most of the bakeries around there just do basic stuff, pies and sausage rolls and apple buns and what-have-you, and he's the only one able to do various fancy European breads and things with names I can't remember or spell. Every time I'm in Nelson, I stock up on food from him. It helps that he's the other U2 fanatic of the family too. He has THIRTY copies of the One Tree Hill single. Well, 28 now that he's given two to me.

Congrats, Axver!

I'm sure you could find some in the bigger cities, like Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, but outside there, it seems harder. He's in Nelson, which has a population of about 40,000-50,000. Most of the bakeries around there just do basic stuff, pies and sausage rolls and apple buns and what-have-you, and he's the only one able to do various fancy European breads and things with names I can't remember or spell. Every time I'm in Nelson, I stock up on food from him. It helps that he's the other U2 fanatic of the family too. He has THIRTY copies of the One Tree Hill single. Well, 28 now that he's given two to me.

Hmm if I ever go to a trip out there, remind me I stop by your uncle's shop :wink: My he IS a big U2 fanatic :ohmy:

I'm off to do some grocery shopping now and then cook some dinner... Are you off to bed soon? If so, goodnight. If not, have fun with whatever you're still going to do :wink:

See you later! :wave:

You have a very good point there ;)

:laugh:

Hmm if I ever go to a trip out there, remind me I stop by your uncle's shop :wink: My he IS a big U2 fanatic :ohmy:

I'm off to do some grocery shopping now and then cook some dinner... Are you off to bed soon? If so, goodnight. If not, have fun with whatever you're still going to do :wink:

See you later! :wave:

Oh yeah, he's a serious fan, way back to the early eighties too. I'm forever jealous of him since he followed U2 around New Zealand on Lovetown.

It's 1:30am here ... kind of early for me, I tend to disappear around 2-3. We'll see. Have a good one, nice to see you on the threads! :wave:

It's 1:30am here ... kind of early for me, I tend to disappear around 2-3. We'll see. Have a good one, nice to see you on the threads! :wave:

So you're kind of a night owl then. I just noticed your birthday's 2 days before mine (randomfact, not really important) ;)

Well, I'm really off now... Bye!

Can I have one?

:lol: I'm sure if you ask nicely. :wink:

I've no idea what he plans to do with them. I think he just bought a stack figuring they'd be valuable one day, but I think he's grown attached to them.

The one he had framed for my 21st birthday is just amazing.

So you're kind of a night owl then. I just noticed your birthday's 2 days before mine (randomfact, not really important) ;)

Well, I'm really off now... Bye!

Yeah, I've become one over the last year. I used to actually be a morning person, but this has become more convenient.

And ooh, so that would explain your screen name. Rock on January birthdays! :up:

:wave:

THAT was my 20,000th Superthread post! :lmao:

Unfortunately, I must correct myself. That was NOT my 20,000th Superthread post. The 19,797 total was pre-Craggy Island. I added Rooty Hill straight to the pre-Craggy Island total.

So, time to do some more stats and maths then ...

OK, now for the REAL post #20,000. My total in Craggy Island took me to 19,999, making my first post in Rooty Hill #20,000. It was:

[Quote of a photo of Rooty Hill railway station.]

OK, next time I'm in Sydney, I know where I'm going.

And I'll stay at the Rooty Hill Holiday Inn.

Well, at least it involved trains. But I personally thought "Prepare to die" was even funnier.

What the fuck? Two new threads since I went to sleep about nine hours ago?

We, uh, were on a roll. We got through Rooty Hill Holiday Inn in 7 hours 10 minutes, just an hour longer than Tits 'n' Trains.

Brest Railway was under seven hours? I didn't even realize. AND I was a part of that one.

Brest Railway was under seven hours? I didn't even realize. AND I was a part of that one.

Yep, it was 6 hours 10 minutes. You went to bed before it was done. I'd be willing to guess that only some setlist parties have had quicker threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom