Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #961
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
OK, Underneath The Bunker is a fucking weird track. It instrumentally kind of reminds me of The Shadows, but then it throws in that odd buried, distorted vocal track.
You have to remember that REM started out as a party band, doing weird ass covers and it comes out in their records. Plus Peter Buck has the biggest and weirdest record collection....

Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #962
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Ok, I was going to see if I could attempt at top 50 for U2 and Bruce. It...just started hurting my head, so here are my top off of each of their respective albums. U2 had 78 representatives, Bruce had 61:

If I had to do a top ten for U2 though, it would probably be
1) TUF
2) Streets
3) Acrobat
4) EPAA
5) RTSS
6) Ultraviolet
7) Bad
8) The First Time
9) COBL
10) WOWY
I once tried to rank all of U2's tracks. I actually finished it, but couldn't agree with 95% of it. My methodology was to rank each album individually, then merge Boy and October, then War into that, then UF into that, etc.

I love that EPAA makes your top ten. Doesn't even make my top 30, but it's nice to see it get some love for a change. Though Ultra Violet?

My top ten:
1. One Tree Hill
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Heartland
5. A Sort Of Homecoming
7. New Year's Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Wild Irish Rose or Spanish Eyes, I can never decide

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #963
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
I have a link to a blog with REM's entire discography The LRP download is pretty good quality; haven't played any others yet.

Enjoy:

pc report: R.E.M. Discografia (1982-2008)
Golden, thanks. I'll have to get around to downloading from that Porcupine Tree link you gave me a while ago, too.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #964
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Yeah, Underneath the Bunker...I don't listen to that one very much. If at all.
I actually found myself enjoying it. In spite or because of its weirdness, I'm not sure.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 AM   #965
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And this is random but I see that the thread is moving close to 1,000 posts...

How the hell do you decide what the next location is? Do you guys have a duel to the death or something to see who gets to name the location??? That would be fun to watch.

Sometimes somebody has a destination they want to go to, or something seems really appropriate in light of what we've just been discussing on the thread (like Brest Railway Museum came up because we said we should find a town with a name like Boobies). Other times, we mine this list: User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 AM   #966
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
I once tried to rank all of U2's tracks. I actually finished it, but couldn't agree with 95% of it. My methodology was to rank each album individually, then merge Boy and October, then War into that, then UF into that, etc.

I love that EPAA makes your top ten. Doesn't even make my top 30, but it's nice to see it get some love for a change. Though Ultra Violet?

My top ten:
1. One Tree Hill
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Heartland
5. A Sort Of Homecoming
7. New Year's Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Wild Irish Rose or Spanish Eyes, I can never decide
Oh My God...now I'm going to do something ridiculous like that. Count the number of "albums" rank them, asignt that ranking, then points for being my faovrite song on said album, or something

And I like your list too. And yes, I like Ultraviolet

I don't know what it is for EPAA, I think I like it so much JUST to spite everyone.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 AM   #967
Blue Crack Supplier

Fly Don't Drive, (street name) Traverse City, Michigan, USA

Old 07-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #968
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Golden, thanks. I'll have to get around to downloading from that Porcupine Tree link you gave me a while ago, too.
Do you still have the PT link? There were a couple of things I meant to download on that page and never did, and now I can't remember the damn link.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #969
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Quote:

Sometimes somebody has a destination they want to go to, or something seems really appropriate in light of what we've just been discussing on the thread (like Brest Railway Museum came up because we said we should find a town with a name like Boobies). Other times, we mine this list: User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cool. And, wow, that list of geographical names is amazing. I love it. And it should be your goal to make a thread using every single one of the names on that list.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #970
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Oh My God...now I'm going to do something ridiculous like that. Count the number of "albums" rank them, asignt that ranking, then points for being my faovrite song on said album, or something
I don't think I could bring myself to do it any more. I settle for a top 10-20, and a bottom 10.

And a PT ranking would be fucking impossible.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #971
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Do you still have the PT link? There were a couple of things I meant to download on that page and never did, and now I can't remember the damn link.
New album,Discography Area: Full Discography : Porcupine Tree
Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 AM   #972
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Cool. And, wow, that list of geographical names is amazing. I love it. And it should be your goal to make a thread using every single one of the names on that list.
Yeah, I love this stuff. I'd laugh if we got through the whole list - and I hate to think what my post count would be!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #973
Vocal parasite

Since we're in Westward Ho!, maybe we should go to Loveladies next?

Loveladies, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
She'll be fine. My dad's carrying on like he's the one with the broken ankle. Jesus, he's fucking hopeless.

The only one i could find was around the back, past the helipad. Good god. It would also be better if there was some parking not reserved for builders.

Holy shit you did some walking! Yeah, with the extensions going on, parking is shit at the moment, but I guess I'm used finding my way around there. My Dad was in there the week before last.

Now if you were Ax, you would have taken the train, and not had a worry
Old 07-01-2008, 04:48 AM   #975
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Golden shower, thanks.
Fix'd

Tags
superthread