Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Rapid share always telling me "it's Happy Hour"? I mean, it's been fucking Happy Last Couple Of Months at the moment.

It's happy hour for most of the day since they changed their site. Usually 5-7 PM here is not, I guess downloading increases with people getting home from work?

Fun fact since we are talking about accents:

Language experts say people in Omaha have almost no accent and new anchors are trained to like people from here.

People from Philly generally train out of the accent because it's not identifiable enough to be picked out for what it is, so when you say the strange words, it just sounds like mispronunciation.

:lol: i can't remember if he played any of his 80s stuff :hmm:

that's interesting :hmm:

I should probably check and see what he's been playing before I get too excited....:lol: but since the Heartbreakers have been playing almost all hits, I gotta hope he's doing the same

:laugh: At least it got through!

Yes :lol: I'll listen as soon as I get Steve Winwood out of my system...shouldn't take but one more song, I think I only know like three

It's happy hour for most of the day since they changed their site. Usually 5-7 PM here is not, I guess downloading increases with people getting home from work?

I haven't found a time of the day where I don't get that message, though I admittedly try to avoid Rapid share links where possible. Their new site seems better compared to the old one, though.

1. In America, it is literally incorrect to capitalize articles, conjunctions, and prepositions in titles.

2. I was not aware that it changed around the world, hence why my post said it was incorrect.

3. Kindly stop trying to belittle the US every chance you get. We have our faults, but calling our grammar inferior is beyond absurd.

You know America's a piece of shit. I forget that everything is better everywhere else. Come auwn.

Gonna come back here and watch the movie.

The most complicated vowel accent in America is the Philadelphian A, according to this article. Philly mixes what's known as a "midwest A" with a "Boston A."

I should probably check and see what he's been playing before I get too excited....:lol: but since the Heartbreakers have been playing almost all hits, I gotta hope he's doing the same
he played mellow 60s stuff when i saw him. this was a few years ago, though. it was cool to be sitting outside on a blanket watching him. kinda made me forget what year it was.

Secrets
I'm A Man
Hungry Man
Can't Find My Way Home
Dear Mr Fantasy
Fly
At Times We Do Forget
Higher Ground
Dirty City

Preceding the main act was another legendary figure, Steve Winwood, the onetime blue-eyed boy wonder of British blues who now offers highly-skilled, percussive jazz-rock in addition to his soulful classics and '80s commercial hits. His keening, uniquely shimmering vocals still intact, Winwood, on Hammond organ and electric guitar (persuasively used on Dear Mr. Fantasy), covered material from his new album Nine Lives and freshly painted versions of Blind Faith's Can Find My Way Home, I'm a Man and a Trinidadian rework of Higher Love.

Damn it

What the dogg guys, you didn't finish this one in seven hours?

Kind of a letdown, isn't it?

Though when I got here two hours ago, it was at 490 posts and now it's 750-odd, so hopefully we'll churn through to a new thread soon.

For a phrase like, "What's the trouble?", New Yorkers would say "What's da trouble?" whereas Philly would say "What's a trouble?"

True.

But you can confuse your Philly-born pals by getting them to read this list: bat, bad, sat, sad, mat, mad, mash, grad, path, grab, pat, pad, glad, pass, laugh, bath, past, calf, badge, jazz, jam, ham, bag, bang, began, fad, mad, dad.

Do the vowels sound the same to you when you say them aloud? I don't buy that.

For a phrase like, "What's the trouble?", New Yorkers would say "What's da trouble?" whereas Philly would say "What's a trouble?"

True.

I thought in Philly they said, "Shut the fuck up."

Wait, that is just SEPTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom