Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, to be honest, i rely on the internet maps too when i'm out of town. but i have a good photographic memory for driving, so i can get a good sense of my surroundings.

Yeah, but Nashville isn't out of town for her! To me, it's not just normal but expected that you have a map of your local area in the car.

And when you're out of town, do you at least look at the map rather than just reading the directions?

It was insane. A bunch of yes went, more for the tailgating than the show (although that was fun, too), and these Parrotheads are hilarious. They set up drinking games and activities all through the parking lot. Lots of drunk guys raising hell, lots of drunk girls shedding certain clothes.

It was quite entertaining. I actually took some video of it. Hell if I know where the tape is now.
a bunch of yes? the band was there? :giggle:

anyway, that is awesome. sounds like fun. i'd love to go if at least for the experience.

That not only breaks the cycle, but rapes its entire family and burns down its friggin' house.

"Streets" will always be my favorite.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAaaaaa...

Screwy must have been to that site before he started that thread. It would inspire that out of me too.

I enjoy the part where he asks for all the sexy people to identify themselves.

Yeah, but Nashville isn't out of town for her! To me, it's not just normal but expected that you have a map of your local area in the car.

And when you're out of town, do you at least look at the map rather than just reading the directions?
this is true. aside from the ghetto, i'm pretty good at navigating my way around the city and its suburbs. if i'm in an unfamiliar area, it might take me longer to get where i need to because i might take a longer route, but i don't get lost.

and i never even print out the map, just the directions :reject:

a bunch of yes? the band was there? :giggle:

anyway, that is awesome. sounds like fun. i'd love to go if at least for the experience.

You beat my edit. :angry:

It was a blast. I remember walking around and people would have all sorts of concoctions that they would offer. I had some stuff that day that I couldn't even tell you what it was. Needless to say, by the time the show started, I was in pretty bad shape. Although I remember everything and never got sick.

this is true. aside from the ghetto, i'm pretty good at navigating my way around the city and its suburbs. if i'm in an unfamiliar area, it might take me longer to get where i need to because i might take a longer route, but i don't get lost.

and i never even print out the map, just the directions :reject:

Even parts of Franklin she didn't go to regularly were challenging for her and required Google Maps, let alone heading into Nashville proper. To be fair, it wasn't just her; it seemed EVERYBODY was in the same boat.

:tsk: I figure it's a good idea to see what crazy places Google's leading me before I actually follow it. :wink:

(Some of its directions for New Zealand are hilarious ...)

You beat my edit. :angry:

It was a blast. I remember walking around and people would have all sorts of concoctions that they would offer. I had some stuff that day that I couldn't even tell you what it was. Needless to say, by the time the show started, I was in pretty bad shape. Although I remember everything and never got sick.
:angel:

ha, that's hilarious. i bet it was waaaay more fun than when i went to margaritaville. :sigh:

Even parts of Franklin she didn't go to regularly were challenging for her and required Google Maps, let alone heading into Nashville proper. To be fair, it wasn't just her; it seemed EVERYBODY was in the same boat.

:tsk: I figure it's a good idea to see what crazy places Google's leading me before I actually follow it. :wink:

(Some of its directions for New Zealand are hilarious ...)
god! i guess i'm glad i inherited my dad's good sense of direction.

ha, really?

Rise Up >>>>> Wave Of Sorrow, which isn't a bad song per se, but was horribly botched in the studio.

god! i guess i'm glad i inherited my dad's good sense of direction.

ha, really?

Yep! If you try to get to Hastings, instead of sending you the direct way along State Highway 2, it sends you the back way, more scenic but poorly maintained, along State Highway 57. It bizarrely thinks SH 57 constitutes a shorter route.

And if you try to get from Wellington to Palmerston North, it actually sends you through the campus of Massey University. WTF.

Rise Up >>>>> Wave Of Sorrow, which isn't a bad song per se, but was horribly botched in the studio.

I really do like Wave Of Sorrow, honestly...

Though I did groan when he said knees or kneel or kneeling soul or whatever the line is

:angel:

ha, that's hilarious. i bet it was waaaay more fun than when i went to margaritaville. :sigh:

There was one moment when we finished one row and went around the corner to the next one, video camera in hand, and caught a guy and girl making out. The guy saw me and started to come at me. He was kinda big, as I recall. We didn't stick around to find out. :lol:

Never been to Margaritaville.

Of the unreleased tracks:
1. Rise Up
2. Desert Of Our Love
3. Wave Of Sorrow
4. Drunk Chook

The ending ruins WOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom