We're headed into the long, cold, dark winter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
i'm wondering how in the hell i missed this last time.

albums sounds good. :hmm:

aside from the no u2 policy, throwing in a restriction, like perhaps nothing on the most recent couple of pages in b&c? maybe not. i'm just thinking. it's not like would be a huge restriction anyway, with the number of list threads in this forum.

Kind of like the Desert Island competition, but no competition?

It's only about a year later, but my list would be so different now.

Lancemc said:
Can someone explain what this is without telling me to read those links. :wink:

We spend the winter sharing our favorite gems.

We write about them, pump them up.

Get them out there to interest parties.

And write our reactions.

That's pretty much it.

Brau, if people end up doing entire albums do you think it would be better to just up three songs from each album (the ones most talked about in the description) so that the time and effort of uping the whole album comes after someone actually requests the whole thing?

This is what I'm thinking.

We have 20, or 30, or 40+ people pick out their "gem" of an album.

Everyone writes about why they love said album. We compile the list.

Then they upload it to send-space on a specified date. All 20, or 30, or 40+ albums get their links.

Links are sent to me, or whomever wants to help.

After getting all the links, they're all neatly placed into an email. Which is then sent to all who participated.

Upload 1 album, get 20, or 30, or 40+ albums.

We could do this all winter.

We could go with different themes: classic country, metal, soul, etc. Or not.

We need more interest. My dream on 20+ albums is a dream, but it would make it way cool.

Let's let this thread stick around for a few more days. banter it around.

Then we can start planning next week.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Unfortunately while the idea is awesome I see it degenerating into a 'let's list our top 20 albums' again like it did the last time.

you're probably right. But we should try anyway.

I love the 30 favorite songs, and maybe 10 favorite albums and breakdown of each track.

I :heart: this idea, I think I missed out last time.

although I downloaded Over Time by Lucinda Williams after someone's really convincing description I randomly read. I think. so that's cool.

anyway I think we should either do 20 or 30 songs, or just one album each so it doesn't turn into a top 20 album thing.

30 songs, or between 1 and 10 albums. it's music reccomendations, i'm interested.

I suppose I'll join in on the fun, though it seems nobody around these parts is really open to what I have to offer.

Back
Top Bottom