Went to see the Hives live...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Saw them this past Thanksgiving Sunday... Great show... They have converted me into a fan. Pelle is a great frontman, the music was great, and they played nearly every song from Veni, Vidi, Vicious... I will now give Tyranasaurus Hives a 2nd listen... new ears, so to speak. I think I'll try to catch them again somewhere else, if I can...

Did I mention thay are a great live band?

IMO, they did deserve the hype...

I really like them. Saw them for the first time about 4 years ago and completely fell in love with them. I'm a bit dissapointed with the Tyranosaurus Hives album though... I like their older stuff a lot more!

~LadyLemon~ said:
I'd LOVE to see these guys. Sure to be an absolute blast!

It was when I saw them this past Sunday... the other guys in the band are just as charismatic IMO in spite of the fact a few of them aren't that good looking by "rock star" standards... they all have stage presence on par with Pelle... its entertaining to watch Pelle sing and move but the other guys are also interesting to watch. The schtick is fantastic... like almost every song, Pelle begins with a little monologue and the band members in front of their amps and turn their backs to the crowds... getting ready to rip out another song... great stuff. The songs are great live... Pelle and co. also belt out the songs as well... Pure energy...

I looked at their concert schedule, and outside of Chicago and maybe Columbus, those are like the only two shows that I would be able to attend however, my schedule doesn't allow for it. And it looks like they will be out of the States for the rest of the year.

:sad:

I'm dang, glad I had the gumption to go see them this past weekend. Phew... :applaud:

i saw them last july, awesome live band, tons of energy. i had a huge smile on my face the whole show :)

Back
Top Bottom