Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, usually my start and end points are well defined and I come up with them first, but somewhere in the middle feels a bit iffy.

My current list, I think the cohesion is pretty damn solid all the way through.

Incidentally, that happened when I was designing a setlist in a very boring lecture.

Started out ok, went to crap in the middle but came right with the encore.

Man, the thing that sucks about DI for me is that...no matter what I do, I can't really win :lol:. But The more I listen to this list, the more I remebmer why I was DEVASTATED when I lost it. This is the best I can do I think. And I know that over half the songs are no where near close to popular on the board.

I'm gonna have to do some tinkering and such though. I used 10 of the songs on the list on DI 4

Incidentally, that happened when I was designing a setlist in a very boring lecture.

Started out ok, went to crap in the middle but came right with the encore.

The one problem I sometimes have when defining setlists is that about 12-13 songs into the main set, I feel like I've reached a great conclusion, but that's just too short for a main set. Sometimes I tack a couple of songs onto the end and hope it isn't too out of place, or I just do very lengthy encores.

DAMNIT WHAT THE HELL VIRTUAL VILLAGE!

Something happened in the last hour while I wasn't watching it AND ALL THE MEN DIED.

The one problem I sometimes have when defining setlists is that about 12-13 songs into the main set, I feel like I've reached a great conclusion, but that's just too short for a main set. Sometimes I tack a couple of songs onto the end and hope it isn't too out of place, or I just do very lengthy encores.

Yeah, I thought my main set had reached a nice conclusion but the show was only 12 songs long.

It was this, btw. I'm very iffy on 2-5.

Streets
IWF
TEC
UTEOTW
IGWSHA
MLK
TUF
Endless Deep
October
NYD
BTBS
Gone
Dirty Day
LNOE
Vertigo

Zoo Station
The Fly
HMTMKMKM
MW

Beautiful Day
Ultra Violet
YBR
WOWY

Oh yeah, one of my course coordinators was wearing an "I'd rather have a revolution than a Labour government" t-shirt.

Hello, facepalm! :doh:

Way to be unbiased! :happy:

Twit. Honestly, almost all of my tutors have very successfully avoided revealing their biases until very late in the course. All of them have been lefties too, heh. :up:

Man, the thing that sucks about DI for me is that...no matter what I do, I can't really win :lol:. But The more I listen to this list, the more I remebmer why I was DEVASTATED when I lost it. This is the best I can do I think. And I know that over half the songs are no where near close to popular on the board.

I'm gonna have to do some tinkering and such though. I used 10 of the songs on the list on DI 4

Don't worry, I'll probably get owned worse than you.

Way to be unbiased! :happy:

Twit. Honestly, almost all of my tutors have very successfully avoided revealing their biases until very late in the course. All of them have been lefties too, heh. :up:

Not to mention my other bit of bad luck.

Those stupid people who wander around annoying people about changing banks came up to me.

The exchange was something like this:

Them: Excuse me, are you a National Bank customer?
Me: (lying) Yes
Them: Excellent, we're here offering extra services to our present customers. (they kept talking, I drifted in and out)
Me: Ok, I'll think about it. Whatever.

What fucken odds.

Yeah, I thought my main set had reached a nice conclusion but the show was only 12 songs long.

It was this, btw. I'm very iffy on 2-5.

Streets
IWF
TEC
Gone
UTEOTW
IGWSHA
MLK
TUF
Endless Deep
October
NYD
BTBS
Gone
Dirty Day
LNOE
Vertigo

Zoo Station
The Fly
HMTMKMKM
MW

Beautiful Day
Ultra Violet
YBR
WOWY

Fixed. Otherwise, that'd be a fucking great show as long as you turfed out Ultra Violet for something not by N'Sync.

Fixed. Otherwise, that'd be a fucking great show as long as you turfed out Ultra Violet for something not by N'Sync.

THANKS A LOT btw Axver :grumpy:. I was having a nice quality drive home from work yesterday, listening to potential DI candidates, and Ultra Violet comes on, and suddenly all I could do was imagine how it would sound of JT and Co. were singing it. I then tried to devise a way to Bitch Slap you all the way off in Australia

Not to mention my other bit of bad luck.

Those stupid people who wander around annoying people about changing banks came up to me.

The exchange was something like this:

Them: Excuse me, are you a National Bank customer?
Me: (lying) Yes
Them: Excellent, we're here offering extra services to our present customers. (they kept talking, I drifted in and out)
Me: Ok, I'll think about it. Whatever.

What fucken odds.

:laugh:

I'd be sarcastic and say "no, I'm with the Labour Bank; go away you neocon scum" and just keep walking.

I'd be sarcastic and say "no, I'm with the Labour Bank; go away you neocon scum" and just keep walking.

Haha. I'll keep my money in my mattress, you BASTAAARDS!

There's a guy who keeps asking everyone over and over to enrol to vote.

If he asks me again I'm going to tell him "If you ask me again, I'm going to refuse to vote!"

ok :yawn: Finished disc one of my list. :hmm: should I force myself through disc 2...and if I do, could someone please send me Acrobat :uhoh:

THANKS A LOT btw Axver :grumpy:. I was having a nice quality drive home from work yesterday, listening to potential DI candidates, and Ultra Violet comes on, and suddenly all I could do was imagine how it would sound of JT and Co. were singing it. I then tried to devise a way to Bitch Slap you all the way off in Australia

I've managed to poison your mind? :laugh:

I've managed to poison your mind? :laugh:

Oh it got worse. So a few songs later the ONE AND ONLY song by Linkin Park came on. Now everyone keeps telling me this song sounds EXACTLY like WOWY, so I decided, well I've ruined one song for myself already, why not this one too. So, I sang WOWY RIGHT over it....exactly. It was bad :lol:

Oooh, good call with Gone.

I had Ultra Violet in as a temporary placeholder for a decent song to go from Beautiful Day -> Your Blue Room.

Nothing is coming to me offhand.

I often use Gone --> UTEOTW in my own setlists. Plus, Bullet --> Dirty Day looks like it'd be rockin'.

Do you really need something between BD and YBR? If BD had the extended snippetry/U2 3D sort of ending, I think YBR would sound fine after it. If you really want the second encore to have four songs, you could then place something like AIWIY or 40 after WOWY.

Haha. I'll keep my money in my mattress, you BASTAAARDS!

There's a guy who keeps asking everyone over and over to enrol to vote.

If he asks me again I'm going to tell him "If you ask me again, I'm going to refuse to vote!"

I bet he's got a longwinded rant prepared just for people like you.

Oh it got worse. So a few songs later the ONE AND ONLY song by Linkin Park came on. Now everyone keeps telling me this song sounds EXACTLY like WOWY, so I decided, well I've ruined one song for myself already, why not this one too. So, I sang WOWY RIGHT over it....exactly. It was bad :lol:

Haha. I've heard that song once. Talk about channelling WOWY!

Ok, so I decided to listen to disc 2 to help you along to the next thread.

I remember that i put a hell of a lot of work into disc 2, and also, i see I almost recreated half of it for DI4...too bad I couldn't recreate the whole thing

I often use Gone --> UTEOTW in my own setlists. Plus, Bullet --> Dirty Day looks like it'd be rockin'.

Do you really need something between BD and YBR? If BD had the extended snippetry/U2 3D sort of ending, I think YBR would sound fine after it. If you really want the second encore to have four songs, you could then place something like AIWIY or 40 after WOWY.

I was doing it mainly for overall show length. I do think UV would go well live, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom