Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next two movies on my list:

Cloverfield
Anchorman

No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood were both cracking, but I need something lighter now, or risk beating someone to death with a bowling pin.

How can you say that? Have you heard Sussudio?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Next two movies on my list:

Cloverfield
Anchorman

No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood were both cracking, but I need something lighter now, or risk beating someone to death with a bowling pin.

I TOLD YOU I WOULD EAT YOU! I TOLD YOU I WOULD EAT YOU UP!

Anchorman's hilarious and Cloverfield's a decent monster movie flick.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

americanpsycho.jpg

That's it, someone close this thread and shut down the website. This man has won Interference.

ElMel, I'm too tired. Are you being serious? Because if you are...why do you hate him so much then? :huh:

ETA: and thanks to LMP I see that that is a rant from American Psycho?

Oh yeah, that's right, Here Comes The Sun isn't bad. So, it and the REM track picked things up after the last couple of tracks.

:sad:

:laugh: I don't even know why I'm still awake. But now I'm gonna have to rent Am. Psch. tomorrow for sure.

:rockon: Talk about a love-or-hate movie...but damn, it's worth it for the myriad great quotes alone.

Oh, Africa, brave Africa. It was... a laugh riot.

:rockon: Talk about a love-or-hate movie...but damn, it's worth it for the myriad great quotes alone.

Oh, Africa, brave Africa. It was... a laugh riot.

Can't believe you tackled both There Will Be Blood and No Country at the same time. I bow to you, sir.

I still haven't seen Old Country :)sad: ) but I had helluva hard time getting through There Will Be Blood. The fact that I just wanted to know what ends up happening is the only thing that got me through it.

And yet, I still want to buy it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom