Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I only had 3 posts in the last superthread :huh: I thought that was the one we've been in all morning yesterday!(well, morning for me, evening for aussies)

I think there has been a bit of that, but more in terms of introducing people to artists in general. Like I think it was PFan(?) who took to God Is An Astronaut after phanan and I used GIAA tracks in our entries. Can't recall if he's used a GIAA track in DI V, though.

And I'm guessing the use of Porcupine Tree by phanan and I has influenced the inclusion of more PT with every passing tournament. :wink:

Heheh... you PT pusher, you. :tsk:

See you later, Ian! :wave:

Mornin' Ax

I can't stay for long tho, gotta go to work in 45 mins..

:lol: I barely woke up..

Hah, are we getting you a little hooked on here too? :wink:

After my drunkposting last night, where I drank over a bottle of wine and barely got drunk, was sobering up and hardly tipsy by the time I went to bed, and have no hangover, there's been a suggestion that you and I need to have a drink-off to see who gets the least drunk! :lol:

:ohmy: drunkposting???? aaa I missed that!

:wink: and there's a deal!
I already ahve one standing with Wild and Gluey that when we go to dublin to see U2 I'm gonna drink them under the table :evil:

evidently. do tell more.

The basic premise is that contestants submit custom tracklists that fit a set of rules - only one song per artist, no longer than 160 minutes total (we're thinking of revising this down once the next tournament is complete), etc. They're uploaded so everybody can listen. Then they're matched up in a series of polls to determine which is most popular. Our current format is that there will be 16 or 20 contestants divided into four groups, where each tracklist competes against all the other tracklists in the group, then the two most successful from each group go on to the quarter finals. It's then sudden death from the quarters, through the semis, to the final.

The basic premise is that contestants submit custom tracklists that fit a set of rules - only one song per artist, no longer than 160 minutes total (we're thinking of revising this down once the next tournament is complete), etc. They're uploaded so everybody can listen. Then they're matched up in a series of polls to determine which is most popular. Our current format is that there will be 16 or 20 contestants divided into four groups, where each tracklist competes against all the other tracklists in the group, then the two most successful from each group go on to the quarter finals. It's then sudden death from the quarters, through the semis, to the final.
That's pretty rad. I'll have to keep my eye/ears out for the next one.

I can't believe I only had 3 posts in the last superthread :huh: I thought that was the one we've been in all morning yesterday!(well, morning for me, evening for aussies)

Nope, that one was Conception Junction. We made it to Intercourse I think around midnight my time.

:ohmy: drunkposting???? aaa I missed that!

:wink: and there's a deal!
I already ahve one standing with Wild and Gluey that when we go to dublin to see U2 I'm gonna drink them under the table :evil:

Yeah, after you left I drank and drank and didn't get very drunk and my typing didn't go to shit whatsoever. Kind of a letdown, really! I mean, the wine was good and all, but I was hoping to bring the lulz a little and give Khan a new sig. It was not to be!

Haha, that'd be awesome. I can see Kim forgetting the alphabet while you're just going "Lightweights! :tsk:"

That's pretty rad. I'll have to keep my eye/ears out for the next one.

It'll start sometime after the current Retro Island mini-tournament is done, probably around the end of winter for us. Since a lot of us in the Superthreads compete, I imagine it'll come up in conversation regularly here as it draws closer.

Nope, that one was Conception Junction. We made it to Intercourse I think around midnight my time.

Yeah, after you left I drank and drank and didn't get very drunk and my typing didn't go to shit whatsoever. Kind of a letdown, really! I mean, the wine was good and all, but I was hoping to bring the lulz a little and give Khan a new sig. It was not to be!

Haha, that'd be awesome. I can see Kim forgetting the alphabet while you're just going "Lightweights! :tsk:"

oh right, that one was made before I had to go to work! :hmm:

:cute: aww, you missed me so much you drowned your sorrows in alcohol then?

:giggle:

oh right, that one was made before I had to go to work! :hmm:

:cute: aww, you missed me so much you drowned your sorrows in alcohol then?

:giggle:

Yep! Now I'm just worried about what we may dig up to follow this current location. Conception Junction --> Intercourse --> Wendy-cum-Jolly --> then what? :uhoh: :laugh:

And yes, I just couldn't handle that you had to go to work and leave Interference for even an instant! :sad: Sweet alcohol consoled me, though. :yes:

:wink:

That previous post of mine officially had too many smileys. Quite possibly the most I've ever used outside of a parody. I feel queasy, people.

Well, Ali said there's a place in NZ called ohai! :love:

:tsk: you should know alcohol won't solve your problems, only makes worse! :yes: just have patience, and I will be back!

Yep! Now I'm just worried about what we may dig up to follow this current location. Conception Junction --> Intercourse --> Wendy-cum-Jolly --> then what? :uhoh: :laugh:

And yes, I just couldn't handle that you had to go to work and leave Interference for even an instant! :sad: Sweet alcohol consoled me, though. :yes:

:wink:

I knew there was a reason you chose the Dutch Edam... :wink:

Smiley abuse... :drool:

Jeebus. Won't you either get sick of it, or change your mind completely by the time the competition starts?

That's the thing: I haven't gotten sick of it. I'm glad I made it so far in advance, since it has had time to sink in and I can identify its faults. I'm going to upload it for people like PFan and LM to play, to get some feedback before entering it.

That's the thing: I haven't gotten sick of it. I'm glad I made it so far in advance, since it has had time to sink in and I can identify its faults. I'm going to upload it for people like PFan and LM to play, to get some feedback before entering it.

Ah right... I was wondering if it was cheating to get people's opinions before it's officially entered. :wink:

:cute: sappy Axver!

hate to say it, but I gotta go to work.. :hug:

Ali, be sure to keep him company so he won't drown himself in wine again eh :sexywink:

Well, Ali said there's a place in NZ called ohai! :love:

:tsk: you should know alcohol won't solve your problems, only makes worse! :yes: just have patience, and I will be back!

I wrote the Wikipedia article on Ohai. :lol: I must admit, I have a hard time seeing Kiwi place names like Ohai and Te Puke funny because I'm used to thinking about them from the Maori perspective rather than an English one. It took me AGES to realise why anybody would find Te Puke funny in the first place, since it's pronounced Puk-ee. Not puke like vomit! I don't suppose you have the same thing with Sexbierum and Monster?

Are you telling me that booze ads have lied to me about alcohol's wondrous powers? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom