Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cute: sappy Axver!

hate to say it, but I gotta go to work.. :hug:

Ali, be sure to keep him company so he won't drown himself in wine again eh :sexywink:

However will I cope now! :reaches for wine bottle:

Have a good one! :wave:

Ah right... I was wondering if it was cheating to get people's opinions before it's officially entered. :wink:

No, it's cool to share it around before it's entered and get some input. I've listened to LMP's already. Got to listen to those by the other two Musketeers soon ...

I have a similar concern with my current playlist, mainly in the form of too much post-rock, hence getting some other sets of ears to give it a listen before the tournament begins.

But if it all flows together and creates something approximating a good, cohesive album, then I'd say not to worry. Hell, I think the priority should be whether you like the tracklist.

Evening. :wave:

'Tis a bit quiet in here tonight! Quietest Superthread night for a while?

I have a similar concern with my current playlist, mainly in the form of too much post-rock, hence getting some other sets of ears to give it a listen before the tournament begins.

But if it all flows together and creates something approximating a good, cohesive album, then I'd say not to worry. Hell, I think the priority should be whether you like the tracklist.
Valid points, one and all. Well, I dunno what genres all of my tracks would fit into (the ones assigned by iTunes et al. are somewhat inconsistent), but I think the whole genre thing is a bit silly anyway. How you can have one genre label on everything a band does, or even one album, seems a bit odd when there can be tracks on that one album that sound totally different.

And great. My mum's on google chat and talking to me about work, and making me depressed before I have to go to bed on a Sunday night. Fuck.

Valid points, one and all. Well, I dunno what genres all of my tracks would fit into (the ones assigned by iTunes et al. are somewhat inconsistent), but I think the whole genre thing is a bit silly anyway. How you can have one genre label on everything a band does, or even one album, seems a bit odd when there can be tracks on that one album that sound totally different.

And great. My mum's on google chat and talking to me about work, and making me depressed before I have to go to bed on a Sunday night. Fuck.

Some of my albums have genre labels that intentionally take the piss. I've more than one extreme metal album labelled as a cappella. :laugh:

See, this is one of the reasons why I am fucking glad my mother is beyond clueless when it comes to technology and would never quite grasp how to work IM ...

Fine, Alfie separates any arguements :lol:

Bonnie's too clever for her own good though:uhoh:

NI's nicknmaed her Queen B as she bosses the others :lmao:

:lol:
I would have thought that, being a puppy, Bonnie would automatically be at the bottom of the pecking order... maybe she doesn't see things that way, and that's why Alfie has to step in. :giggle:

When we got Rocco the headcase Doberman, and then Quark the Jack Russel cross puppy shortly after, I think the only reason Rocco accepted him was that Quark was a puppy, and thus unthreatening... poor old Rocco didn't get along with most other dogs.

Some of my albums have genre labels that intentionally take the piss. I've more than one extreme metal album labelled as a cappella. :laugh:
Hehehe. I have one artist labelled as "Rock", "Pop", "Alternative" and "World" ... it's a wonder they're not dizzy with all those labels hanging off them!

See, this is one of the reasons why I am fucking glad my mother is beyond clueless when it comes to technology and would never quite grasp how to work IM ...
I shouldn't be too harsh, it's not mum's fault. She asked some perfectly normal questions about my work and whether I was looking for jobs elsewhere, and clearly my own angst about the whole situation isn't contained very securely and it all came boiling out. :rant:

:sigh:

And if I didn't see her on IM, I'd probably never talk to her... I'm useless about calling my parents. :reject:

Hehehe. I have one artist labelled as "Rock", "Pop", "Alternative" and "World" ... it's a wonder they're not dizzy with all those labels hanging off them!

I shouldn't be too harsh, it's not mum's fault. She asked some perfectly normal questions about my work and whether I was looking for jobs elsewhere, and clearly my own angst about the whole situation isn't contained very securely and it all came boiling out. :rant:

:sigh:

And if I didn't see her on IM, I'd probably never talk to her... I'm useless about calling my parents. :reject:

Ha, yeah, some of my artists have all kinds of ridiculous labels, sometimes even applied to the same album. Sometimes by me for laughs, since I find the genre tagging useless!

:hug: Well, my job offer to you of 10c a week to do all my cleaning and university assignments still stands, if that sounds more appealling. :wink:

Hah, I'd be useless with calling my parents, but my mother has some fantastic phone deal where she can call me as much as she likes for a flat fee each month ... so she calls me every day. It's been 2.5 years since I left home and I still don't think she's quite got used to it! As for my father, he calls about once a week and sometimes that feels like one time too many.

Hi Ax :wave:

My mum's & dad are like that too :lol:

Hey! I see you finally got past 55,000 ... :wink:

My father has a fairly decent grasp of technology, though not as good as it was. Fortuitously for me, he has no interest in IM. :up:

I'm Useless about calling mine as well Ali :reject:

We're such naughty kids :shifty:

If my parents knew what i was really like :yikes: they think i'm an :angel: :lmao:

:giggle:

Well, it was weird talking to my parents about that one guy I was with up in Canberra... but I guess at the moment there's no reason for them not to think I'm an :angel:.

Of course, I don't think Dad quite approved of him anyway, but it was rather a moot point in the end. And neither of them could exactly say anything about me going out with an older guy. :lol:
(My parents are 20 years apart in age, in case you didn't know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom