Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #961
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Oh god, Richard Hammond is now going to drive an F1 car. This should be good ...

And where are the other people who watch Top Gear anyway?!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:05 AM   #962
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Top Gear is a British TV show ostensibly about cars. I've learnt nothing about cars watching it, but it is fucking funny. Especially when they do "how hard can it be?" challenges, like making an amphibious car. God, that episode ended in total hilarity.

James Blunt is a crime against humanity.
Oh God, I love shows with stuff like that going on. I don't watch a lot of...I'm not sure how to describe those types of shows, but I don't watch a lot of them, shows that are on like the History Channel, and the Discovery Channel, but I do love Mythbusters.

I've a theory that James Blunt is not real, he's Rod Stewart wishing to relive his glory days, so he sang some songs, found a pretty face to lip sinc them, and took all the money.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #963
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Ah, interesting. I can see WFS leading into Collapse, though I'd like to know how CN works leading into WFS.
Me too I'll find out in 3 minutes. On a side note, I find it funny that, as much as I say I love the Wall, my two favorite songs off of it are Mother and CN just because Gilmour sings on them
Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 AM   #964
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Me too I'll find out in 3 minutes. On a side note, I find it funny that, as much as I say I love the Wall, my two favorite songs off of it are Mother and CN just because Gilmour sings on them
Ha. I think I've said before, the only songs I really care for are CN, Hey You, and Run Like Hell.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 AM   #965
Blue Crack Distributor

It wasn't perfect (the transition) but it wasn't bad either. And I haven't heard WFS in a long time....I love this song...especially because the piano in it reminds me of Tubular Bells which is, a f'n awesome "song"
Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #966
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Ha. I think I've said before, the only songs I really care for are CN, Hey You, and Run Like Hell.
That's better than I thought, I got the impression you hated everything on it
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #967
Blue Crack Distributor

Oooh WFS > Collapse, not so good without the crossfade (which, at LMP's suggestion, I turned off ), but it's good with it on.

And I love Collapse...LOVe it.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:14 AM   #968
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh God, I love shows with stuff like that going on. I don't watch a lot of...I'm not sure how to describe those types of shows, but I don't watch a lot of them, shows that are on like the History Channel, and the Discovery Channel, but I do love Mythbusters.

I've a theory that James Blunt is not real, he's Rod Stewart wishing to relive his glory days, so he sang some songs, found a pretty face to lip sinc them, and took all the money.
Oh yeah, Mythbusters is great. But it's funny, when it's shown instead of Top Gear, it feels like such a letdown because the Top Gear guys are so incredibly funny. Everybody I know who watches it couldn't give a shit about cars and would never ordinarily watch a car show, but these guys bring the lulz every single episode.

That seems remarkably plausible.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #969
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That's better than I thought, I got the impression you hated everything on it
Hah, no, those three songs are good, and I think I found a couple that aren't too bothersome. But on the whole, the album bores me shitless.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #970
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oooh WFS > Collapse, not so good without the crossfade (which, at LMP's suggestion, I turned off ), but it's good with it on.

And I love Collapse...LOVe it.
Huh, really? I thought it'd work well. Also, crossfade is of the devil and I don't even know why the feature was invented.

Collapse is made of SuperWin.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #971
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Oh god, JAMES BLUNT is the star in a reasonably priced car on Top Gear?
His appearance on the show was alright. Shame his music is from hell.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 AM   #972
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Oh god, Richard Hammond is now going to drive an F1 car. This should be good ...

And where are the other people who watch Top Gear anyway?!
folding washing, vaccuming andhaving a headache amongst other shite whilst watching topgear
Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #973
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
His appearance on the show was alright. Shame his music is from hell.
His lap was hilarious. I loved how he randomly was observing the presence of some nearby plane rather than focusing on the track at one point.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 PM
who is this guy now? not james blunt, this other dude? is he a f1 driver?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #975
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Oh yeah, Mythbusters is great. But it's funny, when it's shown instead of Top Gear, it feels like such a letdown because the Top Gear guys are so incredibly funny. Everybody I know who watches it couldn't give a shit about cars and would never ordinarily watch a car show, but these guys bring the lulz every single episode.

That seems remarkably plausible.
I wish I would remember Mythbusters is on...pretty much ever. I haven't watched it in months as it is.

Yeah when his first (and only?) single came out, I was POSITIVE it was Rod Stewart..how wrong I was

Quote:
Hah, no, those three songs are good, and I think I found a couple that aren't too bothersome. But on the whole, the album bores me shitless.
I've already said a billion times why I like it, but I can see where it could come off as boring. I mean, it is long, and a little repetitive.
Quote:
Huh, really? I thought it'd work well. Also, crossfade is of the devil and I don't even know why the feature was invented.

Collapse is made of SuperWin.
I only turn the crossfade on set at 4 seconds so I don't have to deal with gaps, ESPECIALLY when I'm listening to something like EITS or PF and the tracks are supposed to smoothly flow, but instead I get dead air.

There isn't enough Win to adequetly describe Collapse.

HA! Collapse > Within You, a Bowie track from The Labyrinth soundtrack

then that > Untitled 4 and that sounded really good.

Yes, this second cd WAS good. A few tweaks, and it should definitely be usable.

Tags
superthread