Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #871
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Bugger. I slept from 5:30 to 7:00.

I'm never going to get to sleep tonight.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #872
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Hi and bye to those coming and going.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #873
The Male

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I still haven't seen Old Country ( ) but I had helluva hard time getting through There Will Be Blood. The fact that I just wanted to know what ends up happening is the only thing that got me through it.

And yes, I still want to buy it for some reason.
Did the ending disappoint you at all?

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #874
Vocal parasite

So, PFan, done with your list. The song selection mostly really appeals to me, and besides that difficult middle section, I have precious little criticism of the playlist's cohesion. It all comes together well and even the songs I don't like so much seem fitting and adequate in context. Only that brief run late in the second part started to lose me, due to my own tastes rather than any problem with your construction of the list, and then the REM track came up and all was good again. I think you've done a great job and I rather enjoyed listening to this.

Final mark: A-.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #875
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So, PFan, done with your list. The song selection mostly really appeals to me, and besides that difficult middle section, I have precious little criticism of the playlist's cohesion. It all comes together well and even the songs I don't like so much seem fitting and adequate in context. Only that brief run late in the second part started to lose me, due to my own tastes rather than any problem with your construction of the list, and then the REM track came up and all was good again. I think you've done a great job and I rather enjoyed listening to this.

Final mark: A-.
The highest any Musketeer has ever gotten from Axver, ever.

You should be proud(?), Pfan. Personally, I liked LMP's list more, but that's just me.

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #876
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Did the ending disappoint you at all?
PSH hell no. That was the savior of the movie right there. Seriously though, I watched it without really having any idea at all what the movie was supposed to be about, lost interest in it two minutes in. Got pretty interested again after stuff started happening, and then pretty much after they struck oil, lost interest again. But that ending I was all over that ending. It was only after I saw it that I saw all the jokes and stuff, so I rewatched the ending. I couldn't believe that while I was watching it initially, NOTHING struck me as odd that he was talking about Milkshakes
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 AM   #877
The Male

Quote:
PSH hell no. That was the savior of the movie right there. Seriously though, I watched it without really having any idea at all what the movie was supposed to be about, lost interest in it two minutes in. Got pretty interested again after stuff started happening, and then pretty much after they struck oil, lost interest again. But that ending I was all over that ending. It was only after I saw it that I saw all the jokes and stuff, so I rewatched the ending. I couldn't believe that while I was watching it initially, NOTHING struck me as odd that he was talking about Milkshakes
Awesome.

I love the milkshake analogy. Heck, I've already used it once tonight to illustrate my usurpation of Screwy's trademark atmosphere for my DI5 list.

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 AM   #878
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The highest any Musketeer has ever gotten from Axver, ever.

You should be proud(?), Pfan. Personally, I liked LMP's list more, but that's just me.
In terms of cohesion and genre diversity, LMP is ahead. His was quite exceptional in those department. But PFan has the songs to push him in front in my opinion.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #879
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Awesome.

I love the milkshake analogy. Heck, I've already used it once tonight to illustrate my usurpation of Screwy's trademark atmosphere for my DI5 list.
It MADE SENSE! Draaaaainage
Old 07-21-2008, 04:18 AM   #880
The Male

Quote:
It MADE SENSE! Draaaaainage
The only thing I didn't care for about the film is that it played into some Hollywood cliches such as "working with large businesses is a sign of corruption" and "all preachers are selfish, greedy bastards who couldn't care less about their congregation". The sad part is that these were present in spite of the film's protagonist being an anti-hero, which in itself is meant to defy cliche.

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #881
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
The only thing I didn't care for about the film is that it played into some Hollywood cliches such as "working with large businesses is a sign of corruption" and "all preachers are selfish, greedy bastards who couldn't care less about their congregation". The sad part is that these were present in spite of the film's protagonist being an anti-hero, which in itself is meant to defy cliche.
I didn't have a problem with the preacher, but I was disappointed that Daniel ends up being pretty crazy evil. His poor son and partner
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #882
Vocal parasite

Did I miss PFan saying he was leaving or something?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #883
Blue Crack Distributor

So I reconstructed my DI3 list so I could listen to it again, see what I think months later. When I looked at the song selection I thought "what kind of crack was I smoking" but, listening to it, I must've put a lot of work into the transitions, because it sounds good so far. The only thing is, mostly NONE of these songs would appeal to anyone on interference but me.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 AM   #884
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Did I miss PFan saying he was leaving or something?
I was wondering the same thing. But he did say he was really tired.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 AM   #885
Vocal parasite

He's fallen asleep at his computer or something?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread