Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Well, some people whose lists have fallen WELL short have been marked down by some voters for inadequate use of the available time. It may make or break you in a close match-up, but in most, I think if somebody really likes your tracklist and isn't so keen on another, they'll vote for yours even if it is half an hour shorter.

Pfft, that's a stupid reason to mark someone down. Quality, not quantity, people! I suppose if the voter thinks they know a song that could have slotted in an under-time tracklist, that's one thing; but maybe the contestant didn't have it, or doesn't like it, or doesn't think it fits, or whatever.

Ah well, I'm not anticipating I'll have much trouble filling out the time, depending on how this theme of mine pans out.

Is there some convention, also, about one disc having a markedly different vibe than the other? Or is it better to try to mix things up a bit... :scratch:

Pfft, that's a stupid reason to mark someone down. Quality, not quantity, people! I suppose if the voter thinks they know a song that could have slotted in an under-time tracklist, that's one thing; but maybe the contestant didn't have it, or doesn't like it, or doesn't think it fits, or whatever.

Ah well, I'm not anticipating I'll have much trouble filling out the time, depending on how this theme of mine pans out.

Is there some convention, also, about one disc having a markedly different vibe than the other? Or is it better to try to mix things up a bit... :scratch:

Yeah, I think it's ridiculous too, but then some people seem to vote based on strange ideas. Not much you can do about it really. I just say that everybody should enter a tracklist they enjoy the most and not worry about how it goes in the voting.

I find that I'll have some sort of natural division in a lot of my playlists, but never by design. My current DI V playlist has the same theme and vibe all the way through, pretty much. Do whatever you like, really. People have had success with both approaches.

Yeah, I think it's ridiculous too, but then some people seem to vote based on strange ideas. Not much you can do about it really. I just say that everybody should enter a tracklist they enjoy the most and not worry about how it goes in the voting.

I find that I'll have some sort of natural division in a lot of my playlists, but never by design. My current DI V playlist has the same theme and vibe all the way through, pretty much. Do whatever you like, really. People have had success with both approaches.

Well, how is that supposed to resolve my chronic indecision?? :tongue:

It's early days, yet. And I think it's a bad sign that I'm already thinking of the one after this, and wondering if I should include a song this time that I might want to use next time... :reject:

Well, how is that supposed to resolve my chronic indecision?? :tongue:

It's early days, yet. And I think it's a bad sign that I'm already thinking of the one after this, and wondering if I should include a song this time that I might want to use next time... :reject:

Ha, no, that's probably a good thing. I really wish that in the very first edition, I'd thought ahead and held a couple of tracks that would have come in handy on subsequent lists.

It's addictive though, isn't it?

Ha, no, that's probably a good thing. I really wish that in the very first edition, I'd thought ahead and held a couple of tracks that would have come in handy on subsequent lists.

It's addictive though, isn't it?

Er, yes. I've always liked putting together mix tapes and stuff, and what with the addictive personality I have going on... :uhoh:

Is there much transfer of songs from one person's playlist in one game to someone else's in the next? I'd imagine that listening to a lot of playlists with songs you weren't familiar with, would give people a chance to find songs they really like and would want to then use themselves... not that there's anything wrong with that. Idle curiosity :D

Now I have this vision of the cast from 'Priscilla: Queen of the Desert' chasing you down a road in the middle of nowhere... complete with ridiculous spangly costumes. :lol:

Thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares!

And furthermore, WHY does both WMP and iTunes insist on putting the total time of a playlist in "2.8 hours" format?? That tells me nothing! Who can be bothered figuring out what 0.8 of an hour is?

:grumpy:

(And yes, I know 2.8 hours is too long. I just don't know by how much.)

Er, yes. I've always liked putting together mix tapes and stuff, and what with the addictive personality I have going on... :uhoh:

Is there much transfer of songs from one person's playlist in one game to someone else's in the next? I'd imagine that listening to a lot of playlists with songs you weren't familiar with, would give people a chance to find songs they really like and would want to then use themselves... not that there's anything wrong with that. Idle curiosity :D

Yeah, after DI III ... I made three sequels to that tracklist. :reject:

I think there has been a bit of that, but more in terms of introducing people to artists in general. Like I think it was PFan(?) who took to God Is An Astronaut after phanan and I used GIAA tracks in our entries. Can't recall if he's used a GIAA track in DI V, though.

And I'm guessing the use of Porcupine Tree by phanan and I has influenced the inclusion of more PT with every passing tournament. :wink:

And furthermore, WHY does both WMP and iTunes insist on putting the total time of a playlist in "2.8 hours" format?? That tells me nothing! Who can be bothered figuring out what 0.8 of an hour is?

:grumpy:

(And yes, I know 2.8 hours is too long. I just don't know by how much.)

If you click the number in iTunes, it changes to hours and minutes.

Yeah, after DI III ... I made three sequels to that tracklist. :reject:

I think there has been a bit of that, but more in terms of introducing people to artists in general. Like I think it was PFan(?) who took to God Is An Astronaut after phanan and I used GIAA tracks in our entries. Can't recall if he's used a GIAA track in DI V, though.

And I'm guessing the use of Porcupine Tree by phanan and I has influenced the inclusion of more PT with every passing tournament. :wink:
zomg... there's playlist battles here? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom