Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2008, 01:46 AM   #706
The Male

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
DI5 will improve over DI4, I'm sure, since everyone wants to avoid DI4 happening again.
Well, I'm sure that not everyone feels the same way about it as we do. There are very clear, obvious reasons why someone like me or LMP would have a bad taste in our mouths after those two months, but others that weren't so emotionally involved probably had a great time.

But, even objectively, it's clear that improvements can be made.

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:46 AM   #707
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hah, right. And then leading into EITS is good. Fucking solid song. I'm using it myself.
I still haven't decided if I am going to use it or not. That would be 3 people

Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 AM   #708
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:33 AM
Quote:
Wait, what the hell was so bad about DI IV?

I think it was better than DI III. DI III made me not want to run the tournament again. DI IV restored my faith in it somewhat.
DI4 has tons of unnecessary arguments and drama about voting methods (how concept should play in; what the hell "experience" means, etc.) and whether one should be allowed to post in a thread, "Hey, everyone vote for me in this competition!"
Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #709
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Well, I'm sure that not everyone feels the same way about it as we do. There are very clear, obvious reasons why someone like me or LMP would have a bad taste in our mouths after those two months, but others that weren't so emotionally involved probably had a great time.

But, even objectively, it's clear that improvements can be made.
Yeah, I genuinely felt a bit shafted in some respects. I'm cool with people voting against me, but do it for a half-legitimate reason.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #710
Blue Crack Supplier

I think EITS > Arcade Fire is the roughest transition on my whole list. Lucky I got that out of the way early.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:50 AM   #711
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:33 AM
First Breath After Coma leads well into the Arcade Fire track. Let's see what I make of this.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #712
The Male

Quote:
Wait, what the hell was so bad about DI IV?

I think it was better than DI III. DI III made me not want to run the tournament again. DI IV restored my faith in it somewhat.
You illustrate my above point very well.

Anyway, the reasons are largely as follows:
  • The lack of votes - it's entirely out of our control, but frustrating just the same
  • The drama - if you didn't notice it, you must have been living under a rock with caulk in your ears
  • The divisions - yes, I'm not the only one who has complained about this

Two out of three can be fixed, and that could make all the difference. BTW, what was wrong with DI3?

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #713
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think EITS > Arcade Fire is the roughest transition on my whole list. Lucky I got that out of the way early.
Ha, love how I posted the exact opposite opinion at the same time. I think it's good, though it'd be better if the Arcade Fire's male vocalist had a lighter voice.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #714
Blue Crack Supplier

The overall transition is pretty good, it's just the actual immediate transition kind of collides, you know?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #715
The Male

I think that whichever DI tournament has the Fake List in it should be the loosest of all, and folks should be more experimental than ever with their lists. Even if their ideas are terrible. I'm shooting for DI6, BTW.

Now.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #716
Blue Crack Distributor

OH. My. God.

So as I was posting that long post about DI, I remembered that I sent a screen cap of my DI3 list to Chass.

Guess what I just found.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #717
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think that whichever DI tournament has the Fake List in it should be the loosest of all, and folks should be more experimental than ever with their lists. Even if their ideas are terrible. I'm shooting for DI6, BTW.
I'll create a list entirely composed of songs that use the word "fuck" at some point.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #718
Vocal parasite

Quote:
DI4 has tons of unnecessary arguments and drama about voting methods (how concept should play in; what the hell "experience" means, etc.) and whether one should be allowed to post in a thread, "Hey, everyone vote for me in this competition!"
Oh yeah, that was all kinds of irritating. I think perhaps I see this differently because it was the first tournament I didn't run, so I consciously tried to keep out of the politics and it was really nice to simply observe for once. So for me, I felt like there was less drama and difficulty.

Also, on your DI V list, I like how the Arcade Fire and Radiohead songs help really pick up the rockin' pace of things after the instrumental start. Good transition to up the tempo and shit. Plus, I like Electioneering.

Quote:
You illustrate my above point very well.

Anyway, the reasons are largely as follows:
  • The lack of votes - it's entirely out of our control, but frustrating just the same
  • The drama - if you didn't notice it, you must have been living under a rock with caulk in your ears
  • The divisions - yes, I'm not the only one who has complained about this

Two out of three can be fixed, and that could make all the difference. BTW, what was wrong with DI3?
I felt DI III was shithouse in terms of voter participation. DI in general seemed on the decline and I lost interest. I believe DI IV picked up a bit on the participation, hence restored faith.

I also never understood why you guys complained about group 4 so much. Tough group, yes, but that's not a bad thing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 01:56 AM   #719
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
OH. My. God.

So as I was posting that long post about DI, I remembered that I sent a screen cap of my DI3 list to Chass.

Guess what I just found.
I don't remember that at all *blinks*

I remember you sending me a cow made of vegetables though.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #720
The Male

Quote:
I'll create a list entirely composed of songs that use the word "fuck" at some point.
Hahahaha.

I also remember Irishteen saying that he wanted to make a list entirely composed of Smiths songs and Morrissey side projects.

Now.

Tags
superthread