Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, Richard Hammond is now going to drive an F1 car. This should be good ...

And where are the other people who watch Top Gear anyway?! :mad:

Top Gear is a British TV show ostensibly about cars. I've learnt nothing about cars watching it, but it is fucking funny. Especially when they do "how hard can it be?" challenges, like making an amphibious car. God, that episode ended in total hilarity.

James Blunt is a crime against humanity.

Oh God, I love shows with stuff like that going on. I don't watch a lot of...I'm not sure how to describe those types of shows, but I don't watch a lot of them, shows that are on like the History Channel, and the Discovery Channel, but I do love Mythbusters.

I've a theory that James Blunt is not real, he's Rod Stewart wishing to relive his glory days, so he sang some songs, found a pretty face to lip sinc them, and took all the money.

Ah, interesting. I can see WFS leading into Collapse, though I'd like to know how CN works leading into WFS.

Me too :lol: I'll find out in 3 minutes. On a side note, I find it funny that, as much as I say I love the Wall, my two favorite songs off of it are Mother and CN just because Gilmour sings on them :hmm:

Me too :lol: I'll find out in 3 minutes. On a side note, I find it funny that, as much as I say I love the Wall, my two favorite songs off of it are Mother and CN just because Gilmour sings on them :hmm:

Ha. I think I've said before, the only songs I really care for are CN, Hey You, and Run Like Hell.

It wasn't perfect (the transition) but it wasn't bad either. And I haven't heard WFS in a long time....I love this song...especially because the piano in it reminds me of Tubular Bells which is, a f'n awesome "song"

Oooh :yikes: WFS > Collapse, not so good without the crossfade (which, at LMP's suggestion, I turned off :sigh: ), but it's good with it on.

And I love Collapse...LOVe it.

Oh God, I love shows with stuff like that going on. I don't watch a lot of...I'm not sure how to describe those types of shows, but I don't watch a lot of them, shows that are on like the History Channel, and the Discovery Channel, but I do love Mythbusters.

I've a theory that James Blunt is not real, he's Rod Stewart wishing to relive his glory days, so he sang some songs, found a pretty face to lip sinc them, and took all the money.

Oh yeah, Mythbusters is great. But it's funny, when it's shown instead of Top Gear, it feels like such a letdown because the Top Gear guys are so incredibly funny. Everybody I know who watches it couldn't give a shit about cars and would never ordinarily watch a car show, but these guys bring the lulz every single episode.

:laugh: That seems remarkably plausible.

That's better than I thought, I got the impression you hated everything on it :lol:

Hah, no, those three songs are good, and I think I found a couple that aren't too bothersome. But on the whole, the album bores me shitless.

Oooh :yikes: WFS > Collapse, not so good without the crossfade (which, at LMP's suggestion, I turned off :sigh: ), but it's good with it on.

And I love Collapse...LOVe it.

Huh, really? I thought it'd work well. Also, crossfade is of the devil and I don't even know why the feature was invented.

Collapse is made of SuperWin. :drool:

His appearance on the show was alright. Shame his music is from hell.

His lap was hilarious. I loved how he randomly was observing the presence of some nearby plane rather than focusing on the track at one point.

Oh yeah, Mythbusters is great. But it's funny, when it's shown instead of Top Gear, it feels like such a letdown because the Top Gear guys are so incredibly funny. Everybody I know who watches it couldn't give a shit about cars and would never ordinarily watch a car show, but these guys bring the lulz every single episode.

:laugh: That seems remarkably plausible.

I wish I would remember Mythbusters is on...pretty much ever. I haven't watched it in months as it is.

Yeah when his first (and only?) single came out, I was POSITIVE it was Rod Stewart..how wrong I was :yikes:

Hah, no, those three songs are good, and I think I found a couple that aren't too bothersome. But on the whole, the album bores me shitless.

I've already said a billion times why I like it, but I can see where it could come off as boring. I mean, it is long, and a little repetitive.
Huh, really? I thought it'd work well. Also, crossfade is of the devil and I don't even know why the feature was invented.

Collapse is made of SuperWin. :drool:

I only turn the crossfade on set at 4 seconds so I don't have to deal with gaps, ESPECIALLY when I'm listening to something like EITS or PF and the tracks are supposed to smoothly flow, but instead I get dead air.

There isn't enough Win to adequetly describe Collapse.

HA! Collapse > Within You, a Bowie track from The Labyrinth soundtrack :laugh:

then that > Untitled 4 and that sounded really good.

Yes, this second cd WAS good. A few tweaks, and it should definitely be usable.

Oh wow, Lewis Hamilton totally just owned Top Gear entirely. What a legend.

I wish I would remember Mythbusters is on...pretty much ever. I haven't watched it in months as it is.

I have a nasty habit of forgetting when TV shows I like are on. So one way to remember is to cook dinner later, since I usually like the TV on while I'm cooking/

Multi-quote for the fail in the postwhorehouse. :tsk:

I have a nasty habit of forgetting when TV shows I like are on. So one way to remember is to cook dinner later, since I usually like the TV on while I'm cooking/

Multi-quote for the fail in the postwhorehouse. :tsk:

It's true. I fail at most things involving the word whore though, so what am I to do!

:sad: it's over.

Well CD 1 needs work, it's way too 90s rocktastic to live. And CD 2 needs work because I used some vital tracks from it for DI4. But overall, I've definitely got something here I can work with, which is very reassuring, since I was getting a tad overwhelmed :lol:

It's true. I fail at most things involving the word whore though, so what am I to do!

And yet you still have the second most posts of anyone on this thread, so you can't be doing that badly!

:sad: it's over.

Well CD 1 needs work, it's way too 90s rocktastic to live. And CD 2 needs work because I used some vital tracks from it for DI4. But overall, I've definitely got something here I can work with, which is very reassuring, since I was getting a tad overwhelmed :lol:

Ah, well, that's good that you at least have something you can work with. I was lucky that my track just randomly fell into place all within a couple of days and I haven't really had a desire to touch it since.

I only turn the crossfade on set at 4 seconds so I don't have to deal with gaps, ESPECIALLY when I'm listening to something like EITS or PF and the tracks are supposed to smoothly flow, but instead I get dead air.

Is that due to bad rips or something, though? I mean, I never use crossfade, I despise it, and my EITS stuff flows perfectly, no dead air or anything.

Is that due to bad rips or something, though? I mean, I never use crossfade, I despise it, and my EITS stuff flows perfectly, no dead air or anything.

Do you use iTunes? I don't know, maybe i just got so used to the sound of it by having it on by default, I can't stand to be without it now :crazy:

Ah, well, that's good that you at least have something you can work with. I was lucky that my track just randomly fell into place all within a couple of days and I haven't really had a desire to touch it since.

I can't wait to hear your list, you seem so excited about it.

And yet you still have the second most posts of anyone on this thread, so you can't be doing that badly!

TRUE!. But that was mostly because I got left home all alone today while the rest of the household was out having a life (aka taking my little brother to the ER, or in Britt's case, hanging out at my dad's)

WHAT THE FUCK?

The Big Brother season finale is TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG. Who needs that much fucking Big Bother. Fuck the fuck off. So glad it's now been axed.

But it means no Good News Week this week. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom