Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made enough threads by now that I think I have the routine thoroughly down. :crack:

Oh god. I just did something nerdy: I checked out how threadmaking has evovled here.

We started out as "Chat Superthread" and posted a picture or map of the place rather than a description or Wikipedia link. Ian fucked this up on Inaccessible Island, when he omitted "Chat" and posted a fact rather than a picture.

Links to Wikipedia didn't become regular for a good while. Vazza used one first, in Bill, but to a New York Times article rather than Wikipedia. Khan linked to Wikipedia for Fucking a little while later, but it didn't become regular until Vazza linked to Wikipedia for Centralia and Ian followed with the next thread in Anus.

:nerd:

Oh god. I just did something nerdy: I checked out how threadmaking has evovled here.

We started out as "Chat Superthread" and posted a picture or map of the place rather than a description or Wikipedia link. Ian fucked this up on Inaccessible Island, when he omitted "Chat" and posted a fact rather than a picture.

Links to Wikipedia didn't become regular for a good while. Vazza used one first, in Bill, but to a New York Times article rather than Wikipedia. Khan linked to Wikipedia for Fucking a little while later, but it didn't become regular until Vazza linked to Wikipedia for Centralia and Ian followed with the next thread in Anus.

:nerd:
I just learned something new.

Incidentally, dropping chat is permanent, as is the fact rather than the map or picture.

I thought the wikipedia linking started to prove that there really was such a place as Fucking... etc.

Yep, especially since Fucking is pretty hard to believe without a link to substantiate it. But the initial threads made after it didn't come with links and it took time for the pattern to catch on. I can tell a lot of the threads' introductions were made with reference to Wikipedia, but the link just wasn't included.

I'm so glad the games in the arcade are crap, incidentally. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have slept since Friday. :lol:

:laugh:

The snake game sounds like an addictive one I used to have on an old mobile phone, though. If I were to go try it, I expect I may not be back for a while ...

Yeah, you probably don't want to get literally blind. I must say your typing has been pretty good, though!

I don't suppose you saw my drunkposting from last night?

One could ask "what drunkposting?" It was disappointingly accurate.

The snake game sounds like an addictive one I used to have on an old mobile phone, though. If I were to go try it, I expect I may not be back for a while ...
I was just having a go at that... after a couple of goes, I remembered that I never really liked it on my old phone, either. :lol:

I don't suppose you saw my drunkposting from last night?

One could ask "what drunkposting?" It was disappointingly accurate.
I went to bed around 3am, I think you were just starting glass seven of wine by then. And yeah, no very noticable drunkenness, impassioned rugby rants notwithstanding.

I was just having a go at that... after a couple of goes, I remembered that I never really liked it on my old phone, either. :lol:

Hah, see, I miss having it - or any games - on my phone, as it could keep me occupied while on trams or waiting for lectures to begin or whatever. Another game I had on my old phone was this astonishingly addictive and fun mini-golf game. I miss that.

I went to bed around 3am, I think you were just starting glass seven of wine by then. And yeah, no very noticable drunkenness, impassioned rugby rants notwithstanding.

The wine may have dulled the rugby passion a little. :laugh:

I did nine glasses. OVER A WHOLE BOTTLE. By 5am, I could already feel myself sobering up. I don't feel I was really substantially drunk at any point. By the time I went to bed, only tipsy. No hangover to speak of.

Genetic freak? Why yes, yes I am.

Hah, see, I miss having it - or any games - on my phone, as it could keep me occupied while on trams or waiting for lectures to begin or whatever. Another game I had on my old phone was this astonishingly addictive and fun mini-golf game. I miss that.
Ah, see, my phone has the crappiest games evar. It has this thing called Bounce, which I can never get past the third obstacle in, and a chess game. :|
At least my old phone (brick that it was) had Snake on it...

The wine may have dulled the rugby passion a little. :laugh:
Dulled it? :lol: Just as well for the rest of us you were drinking :wink:

Genetic freak? Why yes, yes I am.
You and GG2 should have a drink-off one night, and see who can get least drunk.

Well...........
I think it's about time I got some rest.
G'night superthread. :wave:
Good night, and happy birthday again! :hug: I hope you had fun :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom