Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested to hear Ax's reaction to Teenage Wildlife, since I'm almost sure he's never heard it.

I think that whichever DI tournament has the Fake List in it should be the loosest of all, and folks should be more experimental than ever with their lists. Even if their ideas are terrible. I'm shooting for DI6, BTW.

I should enter a proper metal list.

Oh yeah, that was all kinds of irritating. I think perhaps I see this differently because it was the first tournament I didn't run, so I consciously tried to keep out of the politics and it was really nice to simply observe for once. So for me, I felt like there was less drama and difficulty.

Also, on your DI V list, I like how the Arcade Fire and Radiohead songs help really pick up the rockin' pace of things after the instrumental start. Good transition to up the tempo and shit. Plus, I like Electioneering.

I felt DI III was shithouse in terms of voter participation. DI in general seemed on the decline and I lost interest. I believe DI IV picked up a bit on the participation, hence restored faith.

I also never understood why you guys complained about group 4 so much. Tough group, yes, but that's not a bad thing.

It was my first taste of the full thing, and I didn't like it at all compared to the Symphonic Album game.

That's exactly what I was thinking: "Now's a good time to up the tempo and shit."

PFan, really good flow and cohesion so far. I'm just up to Don't Panic now.

The Time Goes Back > Don't Panic > Eleanor Put Your Boots On > Over the Hills and Far Away transition worked out well. I was pleased with it.

The Time Goes Back > Don't Panic > Eleanor Put Your Boots On > Over the Hills and Far Away transition worked out well. I was pleased with it.

Certainly, though Eleanor is easily my least favourite song so far. I just found it pretty boring really.

I also enjoyed the benefit of being able to use songs less than three minutes long this time around since I had enough music to adequately fill out a list. :wink:

The ONLY part of my DI5 list that truly flows well is the second half, though a couple segues in the more rocking first half are inspired.

Certainly, though Eleanor is easily my least favourite song so far. I just found it pretty boring really.

I think it's a nice, catchy pop song, but there's a far superior single edit of that song out there somewhere that I haven't been able to find in any form other than the music video for it.

The ONLY part of my DI5 list that truly flows well is the second half, though a couple segues in the more rocking first half are inspired.

I recall a bold horn transition at some point in your first half. That worked very well.

I recall a bold horn transition at some point in your first half. That worked very well.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I'm talking about.

Mostly though, it's just a fun, competent set that breaks no ground. Honestly, I regret putting it together, but I shouldn't back out now. You guys liked it anyway.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I'm talking about.

Mostly though, it's just a fun, competent set that breaks no ground. Honestly, I regret putting it together, but I shouldn't back out now. You guys liked it anyway.

The transitions weren't bad, and it served its purpose. Both sides served their purposes. Yours was a good list.

Holy Crap...my Di3 list had Collapse The Light Into Earth on it. I havent' heard that song in months...and now that I'm listening to it again, it must only be because I lost it and just got it back.

On to Wet Sand, my favorite RHCP track. I intended to use this for DI4, but Under the Bridge fit the flow much better (moved flawlessly into Ten Years Gone).

I think it's a nice, catchy pop song, but there's a far superior single edit of that song out there somewhere that I haven't been able to find in any form other than the music video for it.

See, I didn't find it catchy, but that was mainly because the singer's voice doesn't appeal to me as well.

The Led Zep track was inoffensive. Onto RHCP now; not bad.

See, I didn't find it catchy, but that was mainly because the singer's voice doesn't appeal to me as well.

The Led Zep track was inoffensive. Onto RHCP now; not bad.

You win some, you lose some. The enjoyment of the first few tracks couldn't have lasted completely.

On to Wet Sand, my favorite RHCP track. I intended to use this for DI4, but Under the Bridge fit the flow much better (moved flawlessly into Ten Years Gone).

Can't say Wet Sand had me convinced at the start, but it really picks up by the end and is great.

Unusual segue to One Foot In Heaven but it works.

Can't say Wet Sand had me convinced at the start, but it really picks up by the end and is great.

Unusual segue to One Foot In Heaven but it works.

Yeah, that song has a really strong outro.

It was an unbelievable pain trying to get some decent segues out of this upcoming section. I had some tips from LM factor into the mix here, as well.

But it gets full stride back with Pink Floyd.

PFan, I'm really enjoying this so far. If your tracklist keeps up like this, you may be in for a high mark from me, higher than you probably expect.

PFan, I'm really enjoying this so far. If your tracklist keeps up like this, you may be in for a high mark from me, higher than you probably expect.

Your B+ for me last time was a huge surprise. Higher than that this time would surprise me even more.

Yeah, that song has a really strong outro.

It was an unbelievable pain trying to get some decent segues out of this upcoming section. I had some tips from LM factor into the mix here, as well.

But it gets full stride back with Pink Floyd.

I feel that this section probably is as good as it was going to get. It always comes down to the songs, and sometimes even the greatest of the great at sequencing can't bail themselves out if the songs simply won't go together. It's not bad, but probably the weakest section of your list flow-wise.

I feel that this section probably is as good as it was going to get. It always comes down to the songs, and sometimes even the greatest of the great at sequencing can't bail themselves out if the songs simply won't go together. It's not bad, but probably the weakest section of your list flow-wise.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel. Just a bit of a stumbling block, especially Always Forever Now > Willing.

And then, So Divided is probably too long for its own good, but I like most of it and it has an odd but interesting transition into Pigs (Three Different Ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom