Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #166
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I can't believe I only had 3 posts in the last superthread I thought that was the one we've been in all morning yesterday!(well, morning for me, evening for aussies)
Nope, that one was Conception Junction. We made it to Intercourse I think around midnight my time.

Quote:
drunkposting???? aaa I missed that!

and there's a deal!
I already ahve one standing with Wild and Gluey that when we go to dublin to see U2 I'm gonna drink them under the table
Yeah, after you left I drank and drank and didn't get very drunk and my typing didn't go to shit whatsoever. Kind of a letdown, really! I mean, the wine was good and all, but I was hoping to bring the lulz a little and give Khan a new sig. It was not to be!

Haha, that'd be awesome. I can see Kim forgetting the alphabet while you're just going "Lightweights! "

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #167
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-V View Post
That's pretty rad. I'll have to keep my eye/ears out for the next one.
It'll start sometime after the current Retro Island mini-tournament is done, probably around the end of winter for us. Since a lot of us in the Superthreads compete, I imagine it'll come up in conversation regularly here as it draws closer.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
actually, i just sent an e-mail to Sicy. the wheels are in motion!

Quote:
That's pretty rad. I'll have to keep my eye/ears out for the next one.
I'm trying to put mine together now... from what I can tell, the regulars have been prepared for a while!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #169
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
K you're in too then!

*makes note to get extra travel insurance to cover alcohol poisoning* ... Does Australia have a reciprocal health care arrangement with Ireland?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #170
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I'm trying to put mine together now... from what I can tell, the regulars have been prepared for a while!
Yep! I made mine back in May.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #171
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Nope, that one was Conception Junction. We made it to Intercourse I think around midnight my time.

Yeah, after you left I drank and drank and didn't get very drunk and my typing didn't go to shit whatsoever. Kind of a letdown, really! I mean, the wine was good and all, but I was hoping to bring the lulz a little and give Khan a new sig. It was not to be!

Haha, that'd be awesome. I can see Kim forgetting the alphabet while you're just going "Lightweights! "
oh right, that one was made before I had to go to work!

aww, you missed me so much you drowned your sorrows in alcohol then?

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #172
Vocal parasite

Quote:
oh right, that one was made before I had to go to work!

aww, you missed me so much you drowned your sorrows in alcohol then?

Yep! Now I'm just worried about what we may dig up to follow this current location. Conception Junction --> Intercourse --> Wendy-cum-Jolly --> then what?

And yes, I just couldn't handle that you had to go to work and leave Interference for even an instant! Sweet alcohol consoled me, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #173
Vocal parasite

That previous post of mine officially had too many smileys. Quite possibly the most I've ever used outside of a parody. I feel queasy, people.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #174
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep! I made mine back in May.
Jeebus. Won't you either get sick of it, or change your mind completely by the time the competition starts?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #175
Galeonbroad

Well, Ali said there's a place in NZ called ohai!

you should know alcohol won't solve your problems, only makes worse! just have patience, and I will be back!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep! Now I'm just worried about what we may dig up to follow this current location. Conception Junction --> Intercourse --> Wendy-cum-Jolly --> then what?

And yes, I just couldn't handle that you had to go to work and leave Interference for even an instant! Sweet alcohol consoled me, though.

I knew there was a reason you chose the Dutch Edam...

Smiley abuse...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #177
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Jeebus. Won't you either get sick of it, or change your mind completely by the time the competition starts?
That's the thing: I haven't gotten sick of it. I'm glad I made it so far in advance, since it has had time to sink in and I can identify its faults. I'm going to upload it for people like PFan and LM to play, to get some feedback before entering it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's the thing: I haven't gotten sick of it. I'm glad I made it so far in advance, since it has had time to sink in and I can identify its faults. I'm going to upload it for people like PFan and LM to play, to get some feedback before entering it.
Ah right... I was wondering if it was cheating to get people's opinions before it's officially entered.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #179
Galeonbroad

sappy Axver!

hate to say it, but I gotta go to work..

Ali, be sure to keep him company so he won't drown himself in wine again eh
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #180
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well, Ali said there's a place in NZ called ohai!

you should know alcohol won't solve your problems, only makes worse! just have patience, and I will be back!
I wrote the Wikipedia article on Ohai. I must admit, I have a hard time seeing Kiwi place names like Ohai and Te Puke funny because I'm used to thinking about them from the Maori perspective rather than an English one. It took me AGES to realise why anybody would find Te Puke funny in the first place, since it's pronounced Puk-ee. Not puke like vomit! I don't suppose you have the same thing with Sexbierum and Monster?

Are you telling me that booze ads have lied to me about alcohol's wondrous powers?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread