Wendy-cum-Jolly, Hertfordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah, right... that sounds like something I'd like to do, but I dunno if anyone else would be interested enough to read it all. :lol:

:lol: I've no idea if anybody's ever properly read my entries, but I've enjoyed writing them all the same!

:lol: I've no idea if anybody's ever properly read my entries, but I've enjoyed writing them all the same!
Well, it sounds like a worthwhile endeavour in itself... :hmm:

I sent mum a tape of U2 songs once, when I was a new, dare I say it, over-enthusiastic fan... complete with very detailed notes about the meaning and history of each song... :reject:

Holy crap, are you serious?!?! What's that, scalper prices?

Scalpers.jpg

All i'm saying is i'm not the mother of Jesus :)

Oh course, as Ali will confirm i am innocent and pure :angel: as are all PLEBAn's

As you have been priviledged to experience PLEBAnhood :bow: you must realise that :wink:

*cough*

"Alisaura is currently unavailable for comment. Please leave a message with the PR department, and it will be duly deleted. Beep."

:wink:

I sent mum a tape of U2 songs once, when I was a new, dare I say it, over-enthusiastic fan... complete with very detailed notes about the meaning and history of each song... :reject:

:lol: I've made compilations for my mother with some very detailed liner notes. But since it was of bands she'd never heard of and I knew she'd ask me about what they'd done and all that, I figured she'd appreciate it and she did.

:lol: I've made compilations for my mother with some very detailed liner notes. But since it was of bands she'd never heard of and I knew she'd ask me about what they'd done and all that, I figured she'd appreciate it and she did.

Cool... that makes sense at least. I can't remember whose idea this tape of mine was, but I suspect it was mine. :lol: I have no idea if she ever listened to it, let alone read the notes, but she now owns JT at least. And Bomb, since I got copies of it for both her and my brother for Xmas in '06, after they'd been to Melb II.

The conversion continues :evil:

Cool... that makes sense at least. I can't remember whose idea this tape of mine was, but I suspect it was mine. :lol: I have no idea if she ever listened to it, let alone read the notes, but she now owns JT at least. And Bomb, since I got copies of it for both her and my brother for Xmas in '06, after they'd been to Melb II.

The conversion continues :evil:

:laugh: I always do music for my mother. She seems to enjoy it. She works at a clothing shop and likes taking my CDs in to play there. I think it's awesome that at some random clothing shop on the Gold Coast, depending on when you walk in, you could catch unreleased U2 tracks or Porcupine Tree b-sides or Crowded House rarities!

I believe that beyond the mixes I've made for Mum, she has Boy, WAIA, and JT. She used to pinch my CDs fairly frequently, so the first mixes I made for her had her favourite tracks, like Streets and MW and One Tree Hill.

I couldn't see my mum ever liking U2 , my dad said he'd like to see U2 live (as he's heard they good) although i couldn't see him queuing over night for GA

But he did get me a copy of War & TUF from a girl he worked with back in 1984 :love:

Awesome!

I hope it's not winter when camping out might be required... I'm such a wuss. :reject:

Dammit, I keep finding more songs I want to include. :lol:

And I have to get some sleep... was lovely postwhoring with you all :wave: :hug:

Awesome!

I hope it's not winter when camping out might be required... I'm such a wuss. :reject:

Dammit, I keep finding more songs I want to include. :lol:

And I have to get some sleep... was lovely postwhoring with you all :wave: :hug:

hey didn't you know the British summer is like winter :lol:

Although i camped out in the snow in Boston in 2005

Night Ali :wave::hug:

Well, I handled the post count business pretty well at least. :wink:

:laugh: I always do music for my mother. She seems to enjoy it. She works at a clothing shop and likes taking my CDs in to play there. I think it's awesome that at some random clothing shop on the Gold Coast, depending on when you walk in, you could catch unreleased U2 tracks or Porcupine Tree b-sides or Crowded House rarities!

I believe that beyond the mixes I've made for Mum, she has Boy, WAIA, and JT. She used to pinch my CDs fairly frequently, so the first mixes I made for her had her favourite tracks, like Streets and MW and One Tree Hill.
Which shop? :hmm:

Maybe , maybe not.:wink:

I'm hardly goin to let you know when i'm going to go on a post whore spree :lol:

Sometimes i wish i could spend 24/7 on here but alas RL gets in the way :madwife:

:laugh:

Honestly, I don't really care about the whole post count thing, but it's good for a laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom