Well, my dad told me something interesting this evening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Apparently there was a small earthquake in southwestern Iowa early this morning, a little after 7 am. I didn't feel anything, but some people near the Missouri River did, and they were calling in to where my dad worked (radio station) asking about it and everything.

It was a 3.3-nothing really major, no real damage or anything, other than perhaps a few people's plates and stuff rattling and such, and it didn't last very long, but still...that's just...weird. An earthquake in Iowa.

Go figure.

Angela

We just had a 4.1 here in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. That one was felt in IL(faultline there), IN and I think St. Louis. It was a creepy feeling since this really isn't earthquake country. :yikes:

i've never felt an earthquake.

*wonders if i'll feel any in october in california* :uhoh:

shari schultz said:
We just had a 4.1 here in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. That one was felt in IL(faultline there), IN and I think St. Louis. It was a creepy feeling since this really isn't earthquake country. :yikes:

Wow.

Yeah, that's rather strong for this part of the country, definitely. Very, very odd.

That site you shared is interesting, Mr. BAW. Some towns in the far, far southeastern part of Nebraska were actually up in the moderate category in regards to feeling it and stuff like that. Our area wasn't that high up.

Poor northwestern Missouri-it's bad enough that they got some nasty storms early this morning, but then parts of that area felt the earthquake, too.

According to that list of earthquakes in this part of the country from that site, the highest ones I saw that happened throughout history were 4.6...nothing compared to what people in, say, California or Alaska or whatnot have gotten, but still kinda scary nonetheless.

Angela

The Sage said:
I've felt 1 earthquake in 17 years...Britain is definitely not earthquake country...

We do get the odd tornado and the like here.

Back
Top Bottom