well here's another split up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
pity. I was just getting into them as well.

http://uk.sonymusic.co.uk/suede/news/#item0

important announcement from the band

suede would like to announce that from next year they will be working on their own individual projects.there will not be a new studio album until the band feel that the moment is artistically right to make one.this announcement does not affect the forthcoming touring commitments. suede would like to thank the fans for their wonderful support over the years.
see you in the next life.

They've never been the same band since Bernard Butler left. You don't lose the most gifted guitar player of you generation and not slip a little, and boy were they shit w/o him.

I actually liked Richard Oakes. He wasn't Bernard, but he was good at what he did.

They've slipped considerably since 1997 though, so yeah, I can't say it's much of a surprise.

Oakes was ok. But they were destined to fall w/o Butler. They put out a great debut, "Suede", then deliver one of the all time great albums ever "DogManStar". Butler leaves, and anything after that was going to be a let down. "Coming Up" was good, I thought they still had promise, but "Head Music" and that last one were unlistenable.

Back
Top Bottom