Well Haley Jo Osment is not so innocent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060817/people_nm/osment_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Prosecutors on Thursday charged Oscar-nominated actor Haley Joel Osment, who famously saw dead people in 1999 hit movie "The Sixth Sense," with drunken driving and marijuana possession.

Osment, 18, faces up to six months in jail if convicted on the charges that arose after a car crash in suburban Los Angeles on July 20.

The actor suffered a broken rib and shoulder injury and was briefly hospitalized.

Prosecutors charged Osment with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while driving and with having a blood alcohol level higher than 0.08 percent, including a special allegation of having a level higher than 0.15 percent, said Deputy District Attorney Ed Green.

A spokeswoman for the actor was not immediately available.

Osment is set to be arraigned on September 19.

The actor shot to fame with his role as a young boy who could see dead people haunting the real world in "Sixth Sense," which raked in $673 million at global box offices.

The role earned Osment an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor and made him a star. But since then, few of his movies have scored well with critics or at box offices.

cant believe he is 18 lol , i remember the days when he was in forest gump lol.

Mr. BAW said:
I hope RedrocksU2 sees this thread.....

:no: to drugs!

He crashed because he was drunk.

Prosecutors charged Osment with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while driving and with having a blood alcohol level higher than 0.08 percent

He had pot on him, but he was plastered off alcohol.

I love stories like this...if only he had hookers with him, the story would've been perfect. :drool:

I wonder what Forrest Sr. thinks of this?

0.08 is not an insanely high reading.
why do the media flip out at stuff like this? the kid grew up. it happens to all of us, if we're lucky. he grew up and did what a whole shitload of teens do. this is why insurance companies charge like wounded rhinos for insurance for young male drivers.

Numb1075 said:
not that this means much, but shouldn't he also get charged w/ underage drinking?
I would think so. Plus the legal limit for DUI if under 21 is usually a lot lower than .08 I think its like .02 in MA, don't know about Californyeah.

I came across a new script for The Sixth Sense! They're considering re-doing the project to reflect Haley's new lifestyle. Here's some clips:

Cole Sear: We were supposed to draw a picture, anything we wanted. I drew a man who got hurt in the neck by another man with a screwdriver.
Malcolm Crowe: You saw that on TV, Cole?
Cole Sear: Everyone got upset. They had a meeting. Mom started crying. I don't draw like that any more.
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smoking weed, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

Then there's this:

Cole Sear: Tell me the story about why you're sad.
Malcolm Crowe: You think I'm sad?
[Cole nods]
Malcolm Crowe: What makes you think that?
Cole Sear: This marijuana told me.

And this:

Cole Sear: I see dead people.
Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams?
[Cole shakes his head no]
Malcolm Crowe: While you're awake?
[Cole nods]
Malcolm Crowe: Dead people like, in graves? In coffins?
Cole Sear: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.
Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?
Cole Sear: Whenever I'm smokin' up, dude.

And then this:

Cole Sear: Instead of something I want, can it be something I don't want?
Malcolm Crowe: Okay...
Cole Sear: I don't wanna be scared anymore. Got any grass?

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom