Welcome to the arctic (this is Canada)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I was talking to my friend Nathan who Ive been playing online games with for about 3 years now. He's from Australia, and we were talking about the weather, and I said something like 'woohoo! its going to be 10 out tomorrow!' and he replied something to the tone of '10? thats fuckin cold!'. I clarified to make sure we both meant celcius, and there was no conflict there. I was talking about not wearing a coat, it was nice and warm, he said that a cold day is 18, and I said that a hot day here only ever gets up to about 33, which is probably their average from what I understood of it. I just had to laugh, I said 'you lucky bastard, not having to shovel snow CONSTANTLY during the winter', and yeah... good times... goooood times..

Ok, well that was one.

Alright, so the snows all melted, we only got a couple centimeters, it wasnt bad, Ive done my first winter driving on onea the worst nights thus far this year, and i didnt do all too shabbily. Car is in good shape, nobody died, I didnt run any lights, all is well. I hate merge lanes though... some stupid fucker went past me at about 80km/h in a 60 just to get ahead of me at this merge lane that i was almost to the end of, he went on the shoulder of the road, and then like 20 seconds down the road turned into a driveway and turned off his car. I was so pissed off... honestly, couldnt wait another 3 fucking seconds to get there without nearly causing an accident. Stupid fuck. I hope he removes himself from the genepool without hurting anyone.

Ok, thats two.

Canadian winter, we get a lot of snow. They frequently only have the main roads ploughed by 1 or 2 in the afternoon, they do the side streets in the evening. Ive never NEVER EVER had a snow day. What the hell is that eh? I have to walk 20 minutes to school in 3 feet of snow because they wont plough the roads, but nooo cant cancel it because everyone at our school is within walking distance... Funny when 20 minutes turns into an hour.

I love the winter, I love the air, the snow, the sports. Im not fond of shoveling, and Im not fond of going out. Winter is sitting around the house, going into the yard or across the street, coming back to a warm house, and sitting by a fire. Mmm-mmm good.

coolhandlaura said:
tis definately edmonton, michael, i have his book, Lucky Man

bloody GREAT read by the way
I'm just saying that he lived in Burnaby with his family, though I'm not sure where he grew up as a young child (apparently Edmonton). When he was a bit older (his teens), he lived in Burnaby. I even read that in his book you just spoke of (though I was merely skimming at the bookstore). I remember him saying that on varous talk shows, too. Plus, the Vancouver media always make a big deal out of it.

Last edited:
bonoman said:
I thought i was wrong for a second. HEHEHE Edmonton one Vancouver 0!
Speaking of Edmonton and Vancouver, how are those Oilers doing? The Canucks are on a 6 game win streak, I believe. Naslund and Morrison are on fire! Burtuzzi not doing to badly either. Against the Blackhawks, Naslund was playing like a mad man, making jaw dropping plays, behind the back passes and moves that I haven't see since Edmonton had a kid who wore a number 99 on his jersey (okay, a bit of a stretch, but...) ;)

Michael Griffiths said:

I'm just saying that he lived in Burnaby with his family, though I'm not sure where he grew up as a young child (apparently Edmonton). When he was a bit older (his teens), he lived in Burnaby. I even read that in his book you just spoke of (though I was merely skimming at the bookstore). I remember him saying that on varous talk shows, too. Plus, the Vancouver media always make a big deal out of it.

ok,ok, youre right.

it doesnt matter where hes from, hes in Back To The Future!:drool:

EVERYBODY< READ LUCKY MAN!!

I hope we get snow for Christmas.

We got a new house and we're moving on Jan 24th, which should be lovely, lol. Gotta love Canada.

Our temperature peaked at 41.6 degrees celcius today.
Summer hasn't even started yet.

Can we stick this thread at the top so I can refer to it and feel the cool you guys are experiencing?

:scream:

Interesting. I was catching up on this thread and we just got emailed a Weather Advisory.

Valid from 1210L to 1900L

Due to Northeasterly Winds Gusting to 25 Knots
Associated with Thunderstorms

brrrrrrrr
:ohmy:

Well Michael they started off shitty, but have rebounded. They only have 1 loss in their last 7 and got 3/4 points againist the Wings in a home and home. Salo is starting to play better. Ya i love the Canuks style. In my draft on yahoo with interference i have Naslund Betuzzi and Morrison!!

We will see on Dec 14 when they play!!!

Back
Top Bottom