Welcome to the annual MLB Hot Stove thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
It's safe to say that mr.pryck has never heard banter between rival teams' fans before.

I remember being in Philly a few years back to watch a mets game and that was where the rumor started about Mike Piazza (being gay), man o man, they were rough on him that week....

TheBrush said:

I remember being in Philly a few years back to watch a mets game and that was where the rumor started about Mike Piazza (being gay), man o man, they were rough on him that week....

I never minded Piazza. Traitors like JD Drew and Scott Rolen piss me off much more.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i thought you were simply refering to pre-game base running practice, when jeter applied the tag to a-rod's tookus as he attempted to steal third

or was i wrong? :scratch:
Yeah, during rundown practice, also known as "pickle practice"

MrPryck2U said:

Hewson, I don't know which is worse: Your original comment about Jeter "tagging" A-rod or you actually defending that comment.
Please show me where I "defend" my comment exactly.

In fact I apologized directly to you for offending your sensibilities:

Hewson said:
If my brand of humor bothers you my friend, I apologize,
I never directed anything negative toward you personally and when I realized that something I had typed in jest had bothered you so dramatically, I offered a heartfelt apology.

Whereas your actions were to call me an "asswipe", a direct attack, in clear violation of the rules of the forum, yet you show no remorse.

I don't see how Glavine goes back to Atlanta. They are in rebuilding mode and don't have anywhere near the offense the Mets do.

Glavine will pick up a hell of a lot more wins by staying in New York, and you gotta think he knows this.

Hewson said:
If my brand of humor bothers you my friend, I apologize, but resorting to personal attacks and name calling is not called for.

Not only is it not called for, it is absolutely against the rules.

Let's just continue on our merry ways now so that this thread can continue.

I'm sorry I called you an asswipe! It was wrong. I'm very upset that my man Jeter didn't win MVP, so maybe I just went into a rage. Just call me Micheal Richards. Lol!
Seriously, sorry for calling you an asswipe.
Back to baseball, we all know the real trophy is the World Series Championship.

Your insane signing of the day, Gary Matthews Jr to the Angels for 5 years 50 million

a 31 year old with a career .263 avg and .755 OPS, and a career high 19 homeruns in a hitters friendly park, the hits just keep on coming

Last edited:
Chizip said:
cant we all get along?

00001f.jpg

and what are you insinuating other than the fact that david wright stole your members only jacket?

Francisco Liriano: $327,000
Jonathan Papelbon: $335,400

I'm sure there are other strong contenders for the bang-per-buck award.

Gary Jr. ain't worth 10 mil per season.
Glavine should stay with the Mets. Things are different for the Braves since he left. He shouldn't go back there. The Mets will again be top contenders in NL. It's a bad move. But maybe good ol' Tommy's heart is in Atlanta.

David Wright is overrated, talk about coming up small in the playoffs, yikes

The Angels must be out of their minds.

Years of failure to get protection for Vlad from GM Stan D Pat has caused him to forego all common sense and baseball logic.

Chizip said:

take that back ! don't you say a bad word about Mr. Wright:madspit:

He'll have plenty of post season heroics before his time is done.

Chizip said:
thats what they said about Peyton Manning

Come on, he was a young kid playing in his first postseason. If David Wright stinks for 3 postseasons in a row then by all means pounce on him.

that's one post season appearance for Mr, Wright.

what has Arod done in the playoffs recently?

2-15 against the Angels
1-14 against the Tigers

.077 BA in last 2 post season appearances.

Chizip said:

How is someone overrated who has only really played two full seasons and made one playoff appearance?

Give him a few more chances before comparing him to Peyton Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom