Welcome to the annual MLB Hot Stove thread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #421
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
I'll also add that I'm very happy A-rod is still on the Yanks. Every team in baseball would love to have him on their team, but the Yanks have him.

Do you honestly believe that every team would want Arod? I think that's the most far fetched statement I've heard all month.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
You know things are crazy when they keep track of where Matsuzaka's plane is at the moment.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea..._da_pla_2.html
It looks like Steinbrenner wasn't able to scramble the fighters before the plane landed.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #423
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh no, another A-rod debate. LOL! I guess we'll have to wait and see with him. The most overpaid player won the MVP in 2005 and 2003. When Howard wins another MVP and the Phillies don't make it to the playoffs, are folks gonna say he's taking a lesson from A-rod? Yes, I know that Howard makes piss compared to A-rod, but he puts up numbers like A-rod did.
Alex Rodriguez 2003 .298 47 HR 118 RBI
Ryan Howard 2006 .313 58 HR 149 RBI
Texas Rangers 2003 71-97
Philadelphia Phillies 2006 85-77

Howard was significantly better statistically, with 31 more RBIs, 11 more HRs, and 15 points better BA. The Phillies won 14 more games than Texas, lost 20 less games, so he led his team to a much better season than A-Rod, and let's not forget his value through making $500,000 while A-Rod makes 51 TIMES that amount.

So, as Howard is still very young and will most likely improve with age, I would say absolutely no one in the world except you would say he's taking a lesson from A-Rod. His numbers are better, with a salary divided by 51.

But hey, if that really calls for you to laugh out loud, be my guest.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I was Laughing Out Loud to another A-rod debate. You showed my quote, but still didn't get my point. Ugh. When the Phillies don't make the playoffs, but Howard wins the MVP, folks might (SARCASTICALLY) say that he's taking a lesson from A-rod.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #425
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Alex Rodriguez 2003 .298 47 HR 118 RBI
Ryan Howard 2006 .313 58 HR 149 RBI
Texas Rangers 2003 71-97
Philadelphia Phillies 2006 85-77

Howard was significantly better statistically, with 31 more RBIs, 11 more HRs, and 15 points better BA. The Phillies won 14 more games than Texas, lost 20 less games, so he led his team to a much better season than A-Rod, and let's not forget his value through making $500,000 while A-Rod makes 51 TIMES that amount.

So, as Howard is still very young and will most likely improve with age, I would say absolutely no one in the world except you would say he's taking a lesson from A-Rod. His numbers are better, with a salary divided by 51.

But hey, if that really calls for you to laugh out loud, be my guest.
first off, a-rod has a 57 homerun season on his record. he also had a 40/40 season on his record. as great as ryan howard was last year, to compare him to a-rod is utterly ridiculous. howard's had one good season and one great season. that's it.

and as for the ryan howard is much younger thing... ryan howard is 4 years younger than alex rodriguez. the phillies were so fucking innept and stupid in their handling of ryan howard that despite being only in his second season, he's already 27 years old.

think about that... two years of service, 27 years old. the room for improvement is not as great as if he were 22/23. he's 27.. he's friggin almost 30 already. that's how stupid the phillies management is. they have an absolute beast in their own minor league system, but they keep him down there for longer than neccesary because they traded for friggin jim thome.

fucking morons.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
You know things are crazy when they keep track of where Matsuzaka's plane is at the moment.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea..._da_pla_2.html
Seriously, that's one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the web.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #427
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'll also add that I'm very happy A-rod is still on the Yanks. .
So is everyone in Boston, and every Mets fan in NY.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #428
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

On Wednesday the BoSox signed Matsuzaka to a 6 year deal for 52mil.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #429
Blue Crack Addict

I guess that unconfirmed report I posted yesterday ended up being a decent scoop, eh?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:15 AM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well now it's confirmed. The BoSox got it done!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #431
Blue Crack Distributor

ho ho ho
Old 12-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #432
Blue Crack Distributor

The Braves' decision to not offer Marcus Giles a contract by last night's midnight deadline and make him a free agent opened a potentially intriguing door for the Mets.

Jose Valentin already is signed for $3.8 million next year, but the Mets still appear to be open to upgrading there, and landing Giles would represent exactly that.

The Padres are the clear front-runners for Giles because they have an opening at second base, his brother Brian plays rightfield and their family grew up around the area.

But Giles' agent, Joe Bick, would not rule the Mets out as a possibility. "We're going to explore all the possibilities, and they're certainly someone we'll look at closely," he said.

The Braves have been shopping Giles all winter, and they came close to shipping him to the Orioles. Even though Giles slumped last season with his lowest average (.262) and on-base percentage (.341) in four seasons, he still probably would have received a raise in arbitration.

Bick said Giles' preference is to play for a team with title aspirations. The Padres and Mets both fit that. "Marcus is used to playing on a team in the hunt," he said, "and that's certainly his choice to continue on a team in contention."

As for the Mets, they did not tender a contract to Victor Zambrano because the lowest salary they could have offered him through the arbitration process is $2.4 million. But team officials still intend to try to work out a new contract with him. The Mets also announced the signing of pitcher Dave Williams to a one-year deal for $1.25 million.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #433
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey Mets fans! Ya gotta choice, Zito or Giles? Oh and BTW, you can't say both! LOL!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #434
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I was Laughing Out Loud to another A-rod debate. You showed my quote, but still didn't get my point. Ugh. When the Phillies don't make the playoffs, but Howard wins the MVP, folks might (SARCASTICALLY) say that he's taking a lesson from A-rod.
You said A-Rod was envied by all teams in baseball, and I replied that I wouldn't want a waste of $25 million. To me, by laughing at me making that statement, your challenging my point, so that's where I was coming from. Sorry if I didn't get your humor, especially when the joke is more on you as a Yanks fan than anything. I know you were being sarcastic, but I didn't really see much humor.

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
first off, a-rod has a 57 homerun season on his record. he also had a 40/40 season on his record. as great as ryan howard was last year, to compare him to a-rod is utterly ridiculous. howard's had one good season and one great season. that's it.

and as for the ryan howard is much younger thing... ryan howard is 4 years younger than alex rodriguez. the phillies were so fucking innept and stupid in their handling of ryan howard that despite being only in his second season, he's already 27 years old.

think about that... two years of service, 27 years old. the room for improvement is not as great as if he were 22/23. he's 27.. he's friggin almost 30 already. that's how stupid the phillies management is. they have an absolute beast in their own minor league system, but they keep him down there for longer than neccesary because they traded for friggin jim thome.

fucking morons.
I didn't compare him to Howard, Pryck did. I simply pointed out that in his MVP season was better statistically than A-Rod's and he was clearly more valuable to his team, as team success, personal success, and money clearly showed.

I know he's not that young (four years is still pretty significant, though I admit my original statement made it sound a lot longer), and I know the Phils organizations is stupid. Pat Gillick has had an uphill battle from Day One, and quite frankly, he's done a hell of a job. Ed Wade was a huge moron. The only reason this wasn't talked about more was because of Billy King GMing in the same town at the same time. They did the same thing with Utley, who's the same age and has only been playing for 3 and a half.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:01 AM   #435
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Apparently Zito is down to Mets and Rangers for sure. The Rangers have put a bigger offer on the table, so now it's all about whether he wants to go to New York or hang out with me in Arlington.

The Rangers (along with the D-Backs) have also made an offer to Mulder, who has a good relationship with Ron Washington and obviously Zito. I think if Zito comes to Texas, Mulder is likely to follow.