Welcome to the annual MLB Hot Stove thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd say "I really love playing in Oakland and am really grateful to the organization for taking a chance on me...I hope to play here in the fu.....hang on a second, phone call from Toronto.....you'll pay me what?????.....anyway, as I was saying, I'll really miss Oakland. Peace out."

Frank Thomas is a fool! Albeit, a rich one. He shoud've stayed with Oakland. The A's will make the playoffs, but the Blue Jays won't. They had a good team last year, but Manager John Gibbons lost control of his team and they went south.

Looks like Randy Johnson will be heading to the west coast.

He is asking for a trade. His brother died recently and Randy wants to be closer to his family on the west coast.

Although Randy Johnson has had to mediorce seasons with the Yankees, I don't want to see him traded. If they trade him, he'll probably win 20 games next season. I hope it doesn't work out.

I know this news is a few days old, but Jeff Suppan signed with the Brewers. Why on Earth did he do this? The Brewers are going nowhere slowly and the World Champion Cardinals could only get better after an 83-79 record. Get used to losing, Jeff!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i was thinkin' more along the lines of thomas' very public feuds with the white sox GM who is now making some very stupid trades... but those work too

The beauty of those feuds, to me, was more what Williams said than what Thomas said, but, as was stated very elquoently earlier, Frank is a douche.

So much for me thinking Zito would sign, then Suppan.

As for Randy Johnson, he's a surly douche and I was thrilled when I read the Yanks might deal him. I'd rather see Hughes or Karstens or Sanchez get a chance than watch him have another 5.00 era season where everyone wrings their hands after every start of his. The more assholes the Yanks jettison the happier I am.

Zito reminds me too much of Mulder, I have a feeling whoever signs him is going to be sorry

If the Yanks unload the unit, expect them to bid on a plate of stale baked Zito, driving the price even higher, causing Scott Bor-Ass to cream his jeans.

I agree with Chizip (gasp) that the team that signs him (especially if he lands in the AL East) will regret the signing, especially at Bor-Ass dollars.

they say he's too sensitive. I think the Bronx Zoo will drive him nuts if he doesn't start winning immediately.

Every pitcher would be better off pitching in hte NL than the AL.

As for Zito to the Yanks...you know what? I'd rather have him than Randy Johnson, that's for sure. It aint like Johnson came to NY and thrived on the pressure. If the Yanks go for Zito, will they overpay? Most certainly, but, then again, look at what Meche and Lee and Drew and Soriano, etc, are getting...everyone's "overpaid". I'd rather overpay the younger guy who has actually pitched well lately and who WANTS to come to NY, as opposed to the surly, chornically in back pain older player who cannot stand playing in NY.

A long time ago, he made it clear he wanted to play in a city where he can concentrate on his music and acting careers, basically NY or LA.

Yes, he doesn't want to have a derailed music career like Bronson Arroyo who went to Cincinnati. Oh, what could have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom