Welcome to the annual MLB Hot Stove thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand his reasons for wanting to go to SD.

I'm just :mad: because I don't think Jose Valentin can produce like he did last year.....and I haven't seen much of a bat from Anderson Hernandez.

I think the Mets need to focus on the starting rotation. Whether its Zito, Haren, Peavy (not probable), Buherle, Vasquez, Suppan. Its clear they need another arm.

I agree Numb that Valentin is unlikely to produce like last year, but with the 1-7 that we have (Reyes, Loduca, Beltran, Delgado, Wright, Alou, Green) is the 8th hole that crucial? I mean sure I would love Giles, that would be sick, but I dont think we will ever be like the yankess and have all-stars at every position. I have heard some talks about a trade for Cantu as well? this would be interesting (although his D is terrible).

hmmmmmm, the Hot Stove is still a smoking!!!

the 8 hole is very important in the national league... a guy like valentin strikes out alot... not what you want out of the 8 hole. ya want a guy who can get on base so that the pitcher doesn't lead off many innings.

and it's obvious they need to strengthen the starting rotation... omar's done a shitty job holding on to the bullpen this offseason, so the mets need starters that can eat innings. they need to bring in zito.

last off-season was an A+ for omar... this one so far has been a C- at best.

guest.jpg

Probably not. My friend moved to North Carolina and he is back up here visiting for a few days....So about a dozen of us are reaking havoc in Westchester.

But, I can always run the idea past them, we're a pretty spontaenous crowd.

Hey, Dontrelle Willis had fun LAST night! He got busted for DUI. Everything would've been fine, but he decided to relieve himself in the middle of the street and the cops couldn't help but notice. Can you smell an apology press conference?

WildHoneyAlways said:

Kenny seems to be stock piling a bunch of "prospect" pitchers. :angry:

Note to White Sox management: Gavin Floyd sucks. You got robbed by the Phillies. If you have a re-do clause in the deal, utilize it.

Everyone knows Gavin Floyd sucks. :angry: I'm not saying I didn't curse out sweaty Freddie many-a-time this past season but what the Sock got in return for him is garbage.

Kenny just might have lost his damn mind.

Red Sox win a WS, 2 years later they finish 3rd and are out of the playoffs for the first time in years. White Sox win the WS and one year later miss the playoffs and finish 3rd.

Nothing irks me more (or pleases me, if it's Boston) than GMs who meddle with a winning formula. What? Keep Pedro or Lowe or Millar or Cabrera or Mueller or Damon or Arroyo? Nah, I'll pass. We're rebuilding! What? Why did I trade Hanley Ramirez and Anibel Sanchez then? Um.

As for trading McCarthy for prospects, wow, shocked me. I can see trading Garcia if you get a good young arm or two in return (which they didn't, but, time will tell), but, if you're looking for young arms, why trade a young arm??? I know I'm just some fan who probably doesn't know shit, but, sometimes I see these moves and think the GMs are too smart, or think they are too smart, for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom