Weirdest cover song ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the other hand, some good covers have resulted from weird combinations...

The Stone Temple Pilots did a respectable cover of "Revolution" (Beatles) for the victims of 9/11. More people should do those one-shot cover songs like Pearl Jam doing "Last Kiss '... just a thought.

Pearl Jam does the best covers... Last Kiss, Keep On Rocking In The Free World, Baba O'Reilly, Ed's solo version of Hide Your Love Away... they consistantly knock 'em out 'cause they stay true to the song's roots.
Jimi Hendrix's cover of Dylan's All Along The Watchtower is the greatest IMHO... it's so great it's even more well known than the original.

-Britney doing Satisfaction and/or I Love Rock and Roll is just sad.
-Celine Dion doing AC/DC at the Divas vegas thing made my skin crawl.
-Rage doing Springsteen's Ghost of Tom Joad or the Stones Street Fighting Man just didn't do it for me
-Madonna doing American Pie made me wish the original had never been made, just so I wouldn't have to hear her version.

All these are deffinetly weird covers... but the grand daddy of 'em all isn't just one song... it's an entire album...
Pat Boone- In A Metal Mood
Holy Diver, Love Hurts, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Paradise City, Smoke On The Water, The Wind Cries Mary, Stairway to Heaven, Enter Sandman, and of course, The Osbourne's theme song, Crazy Train... all done with Pat Boone's big band crooner style. Truely the strangest damn thing you will ever hear in your life.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

All these are deffinetly weird covers... but the grand daddy of 'em all isn't just one song... it's an entire album...
Holy Diver, Love Hurts, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Paradise City, Smoke On The Water, The Wind Cries Mary, Stairway to Heaven, Enter Sandman, and of course, The Osbourne's theme song, Crazy Train... all done with Pat Boone's big band crooner style. Truely the strangest damn thing you will ever hear in your life.

I think we can declare the winner... what the hell provoked Pat Boone to do Enter Sandman... he would actually make it sound like a lullabye.

I dare anybody to top that...:eyebrow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

YES!

Pat Boone should have been kept as far away as possible from all those songs...:crack:

Ha, and I remember my dad talking about how there were all these religious groups that got so upset with Pat doing such hard rock songs, 'cause, you know, "that's devil music", saying Pat turned away from God and all that baloney.

Another cover of a song that is just wrong-Four Seasons covering Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice".

To the Four Seasons, yeah...um...let's never do that again, 'k, guys?

Angela

sheryl crow's unbearable version of GNR's "sweet child o' mine."

she managed to take one of the most incredible i-love-you-even-more-after-a-bottle-of-jack-daniel's rock ballads of luuuv and turn it into the worst hangover ever.

Did anyone mention the Pet Shop Boys and Streets?

Rolf Harris completely ballsed up Stairway to Heaven. But I am not a Led Zep fan anyway. But Rolf, the wobble board is not an instrument to cover a Rock Classic, dickhead.

Infact, any cover by The Pet Shop Boys (and hasn't there been a few?) or Rolf Harris, see previous, is utter bile.

has anyone said the Flaming Lips cover of
Can't Get You Out of my Head - Kylie

madonna's cover of american pie made me want to vomit. it is such a good song why did she have to ruin it.

anything that atomic kitten has done cause they don't have thier own songs they just cover every other pop song that came out in the 80's. am currently waiting to see if they eventually cover a boy geroge tune. do you really want to hurt me? or that i'll tumble for you song maybe?

i hate pearl jams cover of last kiss. i hated that song to begin with and it just got worse. sorry for all the PJ fans out there.

speaking of the STP cover....the phonics did a pretty good cover of revolution as well. i like it anyway. :D

Back
Top Bottom