Weird presents - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2004, 02:29 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
People don't wash their hands for long enough. Soap them up for at least 15 seconds.

But basically, I think it's a huge waste of money to buy these products. When you read that it's 99.9% effective, what does that mean, statistically speaking? That you have had a 3 log reduction in the number of bacteria. That would be huge if you had 4 bacteria sitting on the surface of your skin, but when you can have hundreds of thousands or even millions, what's a 3 log reduction doing for you? Not much.

If you are a hospital worker, you cannot avoid it, and it's a good idea to double up sterility when working around immunocompromised people. As for the rest of us? I think it's basically useless. And it severely dries your skin because of the alcohol content anyway.

Old 12-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 06:10 AM
once my aunt gave my mom a ziplock bag full of my grandmother's hair so that "we could make a pincushion or something"

Old 12-26-2004, 06:13 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart
once my aunt gave my mom a ziplock bag full of my grandmother's hair so that "we could make a pincushion or something"
Oh my. That is REALLY weird.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart

that's fucking crazy.

i was going to say, well, i got some long underwear and a keychain super-bright flashlight thingie yesterday (i have a sucky memory and can't really remember specifically what i've recieved other than music-related things in the past), but now i'm thinking that's not wierd at all. sure it's useless, i don't go camping regularly or anything, but not as bizarre as that.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #20
Refugee

the weirdest gift I ever got turned out to be the sweetest and most treasured gift I ever got.

One year as I sat opening my gifts I picked up an odd shaped one, wondering what it was. When I opened it it was a strange piece of yellow plastic. As I slowly turned it over and over in my hands I suddenly realized that it was a piece of my 2 year old nephew's train tracks. The little guy had wrapped up a piece of his very favorite toy and given it to me.

Of course I gave it back to him so he could continue to play with his beloved train but I will never forget the honest and pure love that went into that gift. He is nearly 15 years old now and not a Christmas goes by that I don't stop and remember that very special present
Old 12-26-2004, 08:32 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:10 PM
When he's not just giving us cash for presents, my Dad always gives me rather bizarre gifts. Once gave me a set of 30 plastic multicoloured combs, most of which has such huge teeth they were virtually unusable. The other time he gave me a full atlas of Japan published in 1950s (that was just before I went on a trip there).
Old 12-27-2004, 06:45 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown

As I slowly turned it over and over in my hands I suddenly realized that it was a piece of my 2 year old nephew's train tracks. The little guy had wrapped up a piece of his very favorite toy and given it to me.
aw, that is so sweet

The weirdest one I can remember was a sweater from my late grandmother that was about three sizes too small. She always gave her least favored grandchildren gifts like that and the others got great ones

This year my Father gave my Mother a laptop, even though she already has a 1 year old desktop, is retired, and never travels. He thinks extravagant = good. She's bringing it back and getting a Coach handbag, which would have been my suggestion for a gift, because she's never had a luxurious purse like that.