Weird guy that used to be on MTV appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
camprockface.jpg

Share your favourite memories!

I heard he was actually some prep school kid who acted like he was all poor and hopeless when he got the MTV gig.......

he was a wackjob:down:

that is one scary picture. i feel fortunate to have no idea who he is.

Musical camaraderie has been a key facet of Jesse's life since childhood. As a kid, Camp never quite fit in with the rest of Granby, Connecticut, a conservative town of small size and narrow minds. Rock 'n' roll offered him solace and an emotional outlet, even at a very young age. "When I was a little kid I broke my grandmother's vacuum cleaner by pretending it was a microphone and dancing on it. I was jumping up and down, and somebody plugged it in and turned it on. It started sparking up real bad. That was the first concert I ever gave," he laughs, "and I'd like everyone to know that it had full pyro."

His earliest influence was Kiss, soon to be followed by Alice Cooper, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, and AC/DC. Later Jesse immersed himself in punk groups such as Fugazi, Minor Threat, New York Dolls, and Dead Boys.

While still in junior high school Camp began playing in bands as a drummer, guitarist and vocalist. Easy Action ? his last band before his MTV adventure ? was admittedly a pivotal point in the growth process, and confirmed Camp's love for touring and performing. "I'm like the ultimate space child, and I live for going from town to town and gigging. I did that before the record, and I'll keep doing it."

Even as he looks ahead to the future, Camp puts his whirlwind past into perspective. "Becoming a VJ was the best accident that has ever happened to me, but it really was an accident. I've tried to make the most of it, while still staying true to myself. There have been a lot of growing pains, but I'm more comfortable being myself that ever before. You know what's funny? All the things I thought were wrong with me - stuff that made me an outcast when I was a kid ? I found out that those are the best things about me."

Inspirational and touching....

My level of disgust has risen beyond belief.

Contemplating suicide now.... I'm too lazy to actually go through with it though.

meegannie, you are pure unadulterated evil. :up:

u2popmofo said:
My level of disgust has risen beyond belief.

Contemplating suicide now.... I'm too lazy to actually go through with it though.

meegannie, you are pure unadulterated evil. :up:

hahahahahahahaha:lol:

*commits hare kare...*

I met Jesse Camp in 1999 in Times Square, and all I have to say is my friends and I worshipped his strange behavior and annoying voice. So when we met him in person, we felt we were in the presence of an icon. A big time celebrity. A genius.

So kudos to you Jesse Camp.:wave:

Tackleberry, I'm quite impressed. It's not often that I find a person with a more bizarre and disturbing life style than my own. Kudos to you.

On another note, yikes.

HeadsOnSticks said:

I Was Bored...i like your radio playlists. Do you record your shows onto cd-r?

You would like them.

Wait a second, she plays AFI songs. You wouldnt like them.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Silver & Cold...Girls Aren't Grey are alright...:ohmy:

It's talk like that that will get you on my good side. My very good side. (I dont know what that meant)

u2popmofo said:

You would like them.

Wait a second, she plays AFI songs. You wouldnt like them.

See? I can surprise you when you least expect it.
I'm so bored...all my IM buddies are offline.:sad:

u2popmofo said:

It's talk like that that will get you on my good side. My very good side. (I dont know what that meant)

I'm trying...
SO, what side IS your good side?

Back
Top Bottom