weird family traditions - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-11-2001, 06:54 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
All of ours revolve around the holidays...

My dad and I ALWAYS go get the tree at "Big Wave Dave's" (Hey- we live in Southern California) and then watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. My mom and sister hate that movie but we just think it's the funniest thing ever!

At all family Holidays (extended fam) we play Spoons. It's a card game, but with my family, it's a full contact sport.
Oh, I love Spoons. Can I come to your house for Christmas? I think Adam Clayton might want to come too.

Old 11-12-2001, 03:45 AM   #17
Jesus Online
Local Time: 10:49 AM
We have weird present traditions.

In all my life I have never bought myself boring plain every day undies. My nan buys them for xmas every year for me without fail. And also a years supply of moisturiser. Before we unwrap them my sis and I yell out "Thanx for the undies nan!" cos we know what at least one of the presents will be. Same with me and my sis. every year as well as the surprise present I buy her a Mambo calendar, she gets me a case of pepsi max.

Im not gonna say more cos every one thinks Im weird enough as it is.

Old 11-12-2001, 07:41 AM   #18
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Dad's Christmas cookies are a huge family tradition...everybody in my family (aunts, uncles, etc.) loves them. Back when we used to do more cookie exchanges and stuff, Dad would make over 100 dozen. He is a total cookie perfectionist though...especially about how he frosts them. He gets kinda neurotic when he works on them...

Dad: *sittin' at kitchen table, meticulously frosting a Christmas tree cookie so it looks like it has branches*

Bonochick: *walks into the kitchen, several feet away from Dad*

Dad: *looks up in surprise* Kate!!!! WhatAreYouDoingInHere????????

Bonochick: *surprised* I, um, just wanted a drink...

Dad: Pull your hair back if you're going to walk by my cookies!!!! Do you want your blond hair sticking all over the frosting???

Bonochick: Um, no! I just...

Dad: Go put your hair in a ponytail! We're giving these cookies to other people too, ya know! We can't have your hair flying all over!!

Don't mess with Dad's cookies...

"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."
Old 11-12-2001, 11:15 PM   #19
The Fly
Local Time: 06:49 PM
i almost forgot: on christmas eve, we each get a huge christmas cookie. the cookie is supposed to be a snack for the morning, while you're waiting for everyone else to wake up. it was great when we were all young, but now with everyone older and coming and going, my mom's never sure who'll be around so she inevitably finds a few petrified cookies in her closet around easter time.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:01 AM   #20
Local Time: 11:49 PM
For about 8 years my brother and I have been imitating a British actor named Nigel Bruce. He played Watson to Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes in the 30's and 40's. "Nigel" is now practically the invisible member of the family. Less so since my brother moved out, but everyone knows what you mean when you mention Nigel. Just put on a certain British accent and say things like "Buh! Britishness is most superior!", and Nigel is in the house.

You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice