Weezer: Make Believe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Yes, this thread is courtesy of your resident Weezer geek.

Anyhow, the band released the tracklisting for the new album, Make Believe, today. It's coming out on May 10. I intend to go out early in the morning to buy it and then listen to it in the GA line for the U2 concert that day -- I love the iPod.

Tracklisting is as follows:

1. Beverly Hills
2. Perfect Situation
3. This Is Such A Pity
4. Hold Me
5. Peace
6. We Are All On Drugs
7. The Damage In Your Heart
8. Pardon Me
9. My Best Friend
10. The Other Way
11. Freak Me Out
12. Haunt You Everyday

Supposedly, it's 47 minutes long, which blows away the usual length for Weezer albums, which is around half an hour. That's definitely a plus for me -- I don't think we're looking at a collection of two minute long pop radio songs here.

The weezer.com webmaster also made a post to the effect that when he first listened to the album, it reminded him of how he felt when he listened to the Blue Album and Pinkerton, which is definitely a good sign for you people who were disappointed by the Green Album and Maladroit.

Anyhow, use this thread to express your love for Weezer, or to ask questions about them. If you don't know them, I suggest that you immediately head out to the record store to check out the Blue Album -- it's just that good. Pinkerton is also an awesome record, but it doesn't seem to have appealed as broadly as the Blue Album, but if you like the Blue Album you'll probably like Pinkerton too. And if you liked any of the later offerings, you'll love it all. :D

And if you want to listen to the first single (which is also the first track, Beverly Hills), you can get it at the downloads section of weezer.com. You can also watch the music video. There are many Playboy bunnies. It's a beautiful thing... :wink:

Just spreadin' the =w= love...

Last edited:
Cool, hadnt seen the tracklist yet. Some good titles in there.

EDIT:

Wanted to add this: I have to admit, I like 'Beverly Hills', but it's probably my least favorite single they've ever released. EVER. Oh well, I'll get the album the day it comes out regardless.

Last edited:
Yeah, the whole Rivers-rappy-thingy is definitely different...but I like it. Supposedly, the next single is "We Are All On Drugs", and it's also supposed to be very El Scorcho-ish...I absolutely love that song, so I hope that rumor's true. :up:

Sounds good, that was my favorite title. If it's like El Scorcho, I will dance a jig of delight. :up:

They're not coming to Utah :down:

That's alright, I've seen them twice now. On the Green tour and on their opening date of the Maladroit tour. I'd jump to see them again if they added another date here, they really put on a great performance. Who's opening for them?

I don't know who's opening yet. Supposedly, they're close to announcing it.

They might hit Utah in the fall -- they're doing a short swing through small venues in the USA before the summer festivals in Europe and Japan. I am harboring hope that they come to Lollapalooza (fits their schedule, and it's in Chicago on my weekend off from camp). They're also playing Coachella.

YEAH WEEZER!!!!!!

I am very very pumped for Make Believe. I really like Beverly Hills. It's just a simple, catchy Weezer song. It's what they do best... I have to agree with you both that El Scorcho is one of the best songs they've got - if Make Believe has El Scorchoish tunes it's bound to be an incredible album.

They have to come to this neck of the woods in the fall. I've actually never seen them live. How are they? I'm assuming amazing.

Way to spread the Weezer love - I think they're the mos underrated band in the business...:up:

It makes me very happy to see so many of you excited about our newest LP. Plus I can't wait to rock out your town with my asian groupies in tow!

The album has leaked...

http://www. BLANK spy.com/search.asp?mode= BLANK details&id=261721[/url]

Listening to it right now. :drool: :rockon: :yes:

t.o.r.r.e.n.t where BLANK is.

Last edited:
Rivers Cuomo said:
It makes me very happy to see so many of you excited about our newest LP. Plus I can't wait to rock out your town with my asian groupies in tow!

hey rivers, do you remember me? we watched the sunrise in paris many moons ago... :wink: :rockon:

so excited for the new cd... thanks for the heads up, knox!!! :up:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm glad that Make Believe has leaked and that I've had the chance to listen to it--now I can finally just give up on this band and not worry about it anymore. I can respect anybody enjoying this album (and even the last two) if that individual has a developed reasoning for that enjoyment, but this music makes me cringe. Absolute steaming dog-shit--from excruciating start to merciful and unfortunately-protracted finish.

I just hope the band stops embarassing itself (as if Cuomo hasn't already done enough to embarass himself in wildly erratic, contradictory, and oftentimes disturbing interviews) and FINALLY calls it quits. They haven't recorded anything with any relevance in almost ten years...methinks it's time to shoot the fucking horse and stop forcing it limp around doing nothing but hurting itself.

Again, all this is just my opinion...but, man...I REALLY mean it. I hate this shit. Doesn't it feel antiseptic, cold, and even somewhat manipulative to anybody else...? I just cannot believe that this is the same band which recorded Pinkerton or Weezer; I don't think that either one of those albums was anything close to perfect, but they were, for me, fun, honest, and relevant; sometimes even urgent. I don't think that this shit is any of the above...not by a loooooooooooooong shot. It's not that it doesn't have the same "sound" as Weezer's early work or that the spirit isn't quite the same...it isn't even present to this attentive ear. Not at all. R.I.P., Weezer. We'll always have the '90s....

The show's in three days. :hyper:

If anyone is looking for a ticket (in Chicago), e-mail me...I have one extra cos a friend backed out.

EDIT: email is gdow AT purdue DOT edu

I think the album is soso or probably needs more of listening to from me. I liked every album Weezer has released and don't have the weird album favoritism that a lot of Weezer fans seem to have (the whole stupid Pinkerton vs Blue vs Green etc. mentality) but IMO the lyrics on this new release just sound weak to me. Its like Rivers is stuck in Maladroit/ Green lyric mode.

Last edited:
Well... I thought Green had more "structure" in terms of the lyrics but it was plain in terms of imagery and metaphors compared to Blue and Pinkerton. Nothing wrong with that b/c you can still get gems like Island in the Sun but on Make Believe its just continuing the trend and IMO in a boring way.

*Ally* said:

hey rivers, do you remember me? we watched the sunrise in paris many moons ago... :wink: :rockon:

so excited for the new cd... thanks for the heads up, knox!!! :up:

Ah yes...before my current two years of celibacy and meditation.

\m/

I saw them tonight at the Aragon Ballroom. Great show, I thought, especially since I've heard that they're pretty lame live. Rivers is a shitty frontman, but the band's energy really overcame it.

They dropped This Is Such A Pity tonight in favor of Pardon Me. It's cool to see a song for the first time live (and they played it quite well), but I was really looking forward to This Is Such A Pity. Oh well, still a fun show. The crowd, down to every man, woman and child was totally into it. The cheering between the main set and the encore was louder than anything the band played...I think that says a lot.

By the way, should you ever get the opportunity to see a band called Ringside, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

Back
Top Bottom