Weezer: Make Believe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:reject:

I still need to buy this. I didn't have time Tuesday, yesterday or today. Hopefully tomorrow :up:

shriner :drool:

I don't want to get into a flamewar, but this album is SOOOOOO AWFUL. I thought their four previous albums were all brilliant in their own ways (even the much maligned Green Album). But I can't listen to this one without cringing.

Okay, sorry, I just had to get that out, please don't crucify me. I'm honestly not trying to shit on your thread or incur the wrath of the Weezer faithful or anything like that.

Last edited:
Time to crucify!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Haha, just kidding. We should all be able to share our opinions without fear of crucifixtion :wink:

typhoon said:
I don't want to get into a flamewar, but this album is SOOOOOO AWFUL. I thought their four previous albums were all brilliant in their own ways (even the much maligned Green Album). But I can't listen to this one without cringing.

Okay, sorry, I just had to get that out, please don't crucify me. I'm honestly not trying to shit on your thread or incur the wrath of the Weezer faithful or anything like that.

Don't feel bad, "typhoon"--just see my previous post and realize that you're not alone. This is one of the fifteen worst albums I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT commenting on the integrity of the site or anything, but Pitchfork's 4/100 score was ENTIRELY too generous. My God...how could they be so lenient with such a fucking worthless piece of shit?

Again, though, that's just how I see it. I won't call anybody who thinks otherwise "wrong," but I will think him/her obviously insane. :wink: I don't get it and, for the first time in my life, I have NO desire to. Unholy ass, this album is.

Either the lyrics are totally going over my head and I'm missing something or Make Believe's lyrics are pretty mediocre. I'm surprised Rick Rubin let the songs go the way they did lyrically. To be honest, I think the lyrics pale in compairson to even Maladroit. Maybe the album's songs as a whole provide some coherent theme, but still... :scratch: :shrug:

Last edited:
:shrug: It seems like every release after Pinkerton (or including Pinkerton at the time) seems to really polarize Weezer fans. I like it.

After all the extremely negative impressions, I wasnt expecting much from this album. It's so much better than what I was expecting. By no means is it ground breaking for them, but at the same time I very much like that it's not really like any of the past albums in any way. This one is just extremely poppy, but not in the same vein that the Green album was....for some reason I keep getting reminded of The Beatles.... I really appreciate Rubin's production, just a pleasure to listen to.

No, it's not the most amazing album of all time....but what Weezer album is??? Weezer just makes fun and enjoyable rock songs, and that's what this is. I look forward to getting more acquinted to it.

nothing will ever be the same as blue or pinkerton.... with that said, the new one is OK. nothing really jumped out at me on first listen, but i love "this is such a pity". still probably my least favorite weezer album, at least until/if it grows on me...

Back
Top Bottom