Weezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He stole my Hash pipe.
musa_koto_med.jpg

I love love love Weezer. Strangely enough, American Gigalo is my least favorite Weezer song, so I don't know if I should recommend anything.

The hits (or singles, only a few were hits)

Buddy Holly
Say it Ain't So
Undone (The Sweater Song)
The Good Life
El Scorcho (personal fave)
Pink Triangle
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
Photograph
Dope Nose
Keep Fishin'

I recommend as well:
In the Garage
Surf Wax America
My Name is Jonas
Tired of Sex
Falling for You
Simple Pages
Don't Let Go
Burndt Jamb
Slave
Love Explosion

I :heart: El Scorcho off of Pinkerton.

Lately, though, it seems as if Weezer are getting a bit stale. Good band nonetheless. :)

UnforgettableLemon said:

Buddy Holly
Say it Ain't So
Undone (The Sweater Song)
The Good Life
El Scorcho (personal fave)
In the Garage
Surf Wax America
My Name is Jonas
Don't Let Go
Love Explosion

these are some of my favorite weezer songs.

oh and bono-vox...perhaps you might want to purchase :silent: the green or blue albums.

I'd say... purchase Green first, then Pinkerton, then either Maladroit or Blue if you're going to buy the albums. Pinkerton and green are tied for my fave, even though they are COMPLETELY different.

Be sure to post what you think when you have downloaded a few.

Weezer kicks some serious ass. Their new album sounds very 70s hard rock (ie KISS, Deep Purple influences) but it's still as great as the other three.

Also, b-side Mikel and Carli is great. There's a story behind it, but I'm not too sure what it is exactly. I know Rivers had two friends named Mykel and Carli who died, but that's all I know. Anyone able to elaborate?

Re: El Bumpo

UnforgettableLemon said:
Any opinions yet? :) or :( or ?

:)

My Name is Jonas
Don't Let Go
Love Explosion
El Scorcho
Don't Let Go

I'm really loikin these tunes

:up:

Oh i also got one they sing with The Rentals...cant rememebr the name of it tho! And this week my friend in Wales is posting me over 2 WEezer Cd's one with like album songs and stuff and the other is B-sides or Rare songs or something :D

BV <------ VERY excited at the thought of a big parcel coming :yes: :D

weezer rocks! going to see them and the strokes on july 18th!

U2ME3 said:
weezer rocks! going to see them and the strokes on july 18th!

In Columbus?? I'm trying to get to that show. My friend who lives in Westerville can get free tickets from this guy, so hopefully I'll be there.

:)

UnforgettableLemon said:
Also, b-side Mikel and Carli is great. There's a story behind it, but I'm not too sure what it is exactly. I know Rivers had two friends named Mykel and Carli who died, but that's all I know. Anyone able to elaborate?

I think these are the "sweater song kids". You know the voices at the beginning of the song, talking about the "party after the show"? Those were two of Rivers's best friends, and they were in a car accident and killed after the song was recorded. I haven't heard the song you're referring to, but they're probably who it's about.

Yeah, Blossom is more my area, but I'm at school right now in Bowling Green, so Columbus is closer (plus those tickets that I'm trying to get are at Polaris)...

"Mykel and Carli" (B-side to Undone (the Sweater Song))
Back in Wilson High I had two best friends
They lived down the block
Where Eagle Ct. bends
One she cared for my bones
Fed me ice-cream cones
One she cared for my happiness
Wouldn't leave me alone
Back in Wilson High
Said I had these two best friends
Till the school bus came and took my friends away
Now I'm left alone at home
To sit and think all day

Hear you me, Mykel
Hear you me, Carli

They gave me a hat
the hat was awful rad
wore it everyday
Made my teacher mad
She tore it off my head
Now my head's well read
My head gets cold at night sometimes
But I can't be misled

I just got into this band since the Green album, and let me tell you that they ROCK!!!

I picked up Pinkerton the other day and I think it is my second fave at the moment (Maladroit being first).

A great band with great fans. I love how they "release" demo's of new songs to see how the fans like them.

Wouldn't it be cool if U2 did the same thing?

Edgeman said:
I just got into this band since the Green album, and let me tell you that they ROCK!!!

I picked up Pinkerton the other day and I think it is my second fave at the moment (Maladroit being first).

A great band with great fans. I love how they "release" demo's of new songs to see how the fans like them.

Wouldn't it be cool if U2 did the same thing?

U2 know their fans will loike their songs........i wish they did the same as Weezer tho....*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom