Weezer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
So are there any Weezer fans here? I know that I love Weezer; they're one of my favorite bands. They have an album coming out in the spring, with March 21 being the release date for their first single. I am, without a doubt, looking forward to it. :up:

Pinkerton is my favorite, followed closely by the Blue Album. The other two aren't as good, but I enjoy them. I think Maladroit's slightly better than the Green Album, but that's debatable.

i know two actually.. a little respect (erasure song though...) and teenage dirtbag. theyre ok, but i cant really imagine myself buying one of their albums :eyebrow:

Weezer rock! The green album - just got it for Christmas and it is a-rockin'. The blue album is equally entertaining with humorous lyrics and the catchiest tunes that roll around your head for days. Maladroit has its moments but doesn't live up to these other two. Definitely purchase the green and the blue.

I am a HUGE Weezer fan. Pinkerton is also my favorite, followed by "blue", Maladroit, and the "green" album. Can't wait for them to tour again!!!!!!

:hyper:

Rivers! We missed you!

Ahem, while I do prefer the blue album and Pinkerton, the green album is a great great great pop rock album and Maladroit is nearly full of brilliant songs, though it seems more like a collection of singles than an album. Also, Weezer puts on a great concert. I saw them on the Enlightenment tour, in which they created a nearly-random setlist every night. So each show was more or less completely different. Album 5 this year!

all_i_want said:
i know two actually.. a little respect (erasure song though...) and teenage dirtbag. theyre ok, but i cant really imagine myself buying one of their albums :eyebrow:

You're thinking of Wheatus. Anyway, I'm a middle-of-the-line fan of Weezer. I do like Say It Ain't So a lot.

mulletdave said:
Weezer rock! The green album - just got it for Christmas and it is a-rockin'. The blue album is equally entertaining with humorous lyrics and the catchiest tunes that roll around your head for days. Maladroit has its moments but doesn't live up to these other two. Definitely purchase the green and the blue.

Go get yourself Pinkerton.

As fake and lame as this may sound, I almost think I like all of their albums equally. They all have something to offer in my opinion. That being said, I think the Green album is my fav.

I've seen Weezer twice in concert, both times were extremely entertaining and fun. Good times :up:

When I think I've found a good old fashioned girl
Then she put me in my place
Everyone's a little queer
Why can't she be a little straight?

I love this line.

UnforgettableLemon said:
When I think I've found a good old fashioned girl
Then she put me in my place
Everyone's a little queer
Why can't she be a little straight?

I love this line.

You're dumb

..........she's a lesbian

:wink:

Lately I have had a bit of falling out with Wezer, especially since I have been waiting since my sophmore year in High School for the new album

http://www.nme.com/news/111620.htm

WEEZER have confirmed the title of their forthcoming fifth album.

The record, which the band are currently mixing with producer Rick Rubin, will be called ’Make Believe’. The LP will be released in May, although an exact date is yet to be confirmed, the band’s official site weezer.com reports.

As previously reported, the band are playing three UK shows in June - the dates are:

Birmingham Academy (June 13)
London Carling Brixton Academy (14)
Glasgow Academy (17)

Do any of u Weezer fans see the resembelence between a bit of the way Gwen Stafani sung in her latest song, and the way the guy from Weezer sings in 'Hash Pipe'?

Everytime I hear this song of hers, it just sound to me that she's ripped it straight from that song, which isn't that unlikely, given the music she makes in No Doubt, she probably does listen to Weezer from time to time.

God, I remember seeing them in Boston touring for the blue album. I think the show was at Avalon, which was a pretty small place. Those were the days. They even had the flashing "W" lights on the stage back then, and if my memory serves correctly, they came out to the theme from the TV show "Magnum P.I." That was a hoot.

Then in 1997 I spotted Rivers during his long sabbatical at two CONSECUTIVE night Pavement shows in Boston, at the Middle East. He was staring at them like they were gods. One listen to El Scorcho off Pinkerton and you can hear the influence.

While I wasn't bowled over by the last two albums, they both had a decent amount of good material on them. I wasn't disappointed as I really didn't expect them to top the first two anyway.

my friend had a CD's worth of unreleased material from last year; I wonder how much of it made this new album. They have TONS of outtakes if you're a curious fan...

laz

Aardvark747 said:
Do any of u Weezer fans see the resembelence between a bit of the way Gwen Stafani sung in her latest song, and the way the guy from Weezer sings in 'Hash Pipe'?

Everytime I hear this song of hers, it just sound to me that she's ripped it straight from that song, which isn't that unlikely, given the music she makes in No Doubt, she probably does listen to Weezer from time to time.

I like how she is ripping off the singer of Missing Persons.

Here's the new album's cover:

20050311weezer01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom