Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now sandwiches are on the toast and I'm catching up on what I missed.
I hadn't seen this when I posted that last post...

I really wish he would write something better, but at least it's something? Look At the World is a better song, but I realize it's not really about the same topic either. Edge's guitar work in it is pretty awesome
I don't know that I ever really listened to the guitar on POE. Normally I'm a music-first, lyrics-second sort of person, but for that song, the lyrics kinda distracted me too much to focus on the music. :huh:

Shit folks, new thread time almost. Where will it be? And who's doing it?

I don't like Bono being "sexy" I guess :lol: I like him being more serious.

Huh, I never really equate "sexy" with some of those songs. However, the exception is IFYTVD, because the beginning? With Bono singing really low?

Holy shit.

I ... I don't even know what smiley to use there. None seem sufficient to express the hotness of that part.

Maybe, though I did like YBR between Stay and The First Time.

"The First Time" is a such a powerful closer, especially if it's in the place of "The Wanderer."

Ax, I have the perfect thread title for the next one, btw. It's a real place, too.

You might be onto something here :hmm:

That's mainly my theory. I don't like Bono being "sexy" I guess :lol: I like him being more serious. Apparently I don't believe Bono should have fun :lol:

i like the dark sexy more than the obvious sexy, but there are certain things aboutr particular songs that get me going , that may be the guitar, the bass or the way the lyric is sung

I don't know that I ever really listened to the guitar on POE. Normally I'm a music-first, lyrics-second sort of person, but for that song, the lyrics kinda distracted me too much to focus on the music. :huh:

Focus on it. As someone who's fond of sonic craziness, I can assure you it's cool.

:depressed: ebttrt is one of my favourite U2 songs. i used to say it was my favourite, but now i'm not sure.

If it helps, it's my favorite of those listed. Really it's more over on the Liked side than disliked.

I'd much rather have good* than important.

*yes, I realize it's subjective

I see where you're coming from. I realize it's all opinion. I'm never going to be head over heels in love with POE either for what it's worth.

I have a hard time letting myself like New York. I feel like I like it, because (almost) opposite of IALW, I like the sound of Bono's voice on it. The Guitar (when it comes it) is great, but once again the lyrics just suck.

Khan, can you do me a favour and not close/archive this thread immediately once we go to the next one, just so that I can properly quote stuff as I catch up?

I'm pretty sure it was acoustic SATS. I have the bootleg somewhere, but am much too lazy to go and find it.

I'm playing the Shuffle Mode Is Fun game on my iPod.

Mainly it means I never know what I want to hear and hit "next" a lot a lot a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom