Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir. Thank you sir.

Iwas indeed 20 minutes late. Actually, about 40, if you're truly counting. Freaky, sin't it? Yes.

LM, I love youR EYKIW thread. It's the fucking shit. I totally agree with the idea that they aren't that great in studio but rock live, and their album completeness is a hge issue for me. I'm down. I;'ll post in that tomorrow, probably.

So, PFan, you've come to join Ravva in drunkposting, I see.

Yes sir. Thank you sir.

Iwas indeed 20 minutes late. Actually, about 40, if you're truly counting. Freaky, sin't it? Yes.

LM, I love youR EYKIW thread. It's the fucking shit. I totally agree with the idea that they aren't that great in studio but rock live, and their album completeness is a hge issue for me. I'm down. I;'ll post in that tomorrow, probably.
omg pfan's drunk too! :love:

Were you 20 minutes late?

I'm already on Kite, but I'd love it anyways, I'm so tired of this tracklisting. God it's bad

BTW, I didn't like Kite at first, but boy has that one grown into a real favorite of mine.

And I hate In A Little While except for ONE line (A man builds a rocketship...) The music's good, but this is one of the songs where I hate both the lyrics AND bono's vocals, so it's painful to listen to

Thanks. Glad to add something of substance to the thread after those first two posts.

Also, just done with your Zoorassengers. I think it's great right up until Dirty Day, then while it works through to the end, I'm sure there's some room for improvement.

It doesn't help that I'm really not that big on The First Time, though, so I would much rather The Wanderer as the closer.

I quoted you and added in a bit about the Pop singles order if you're interested.

The Wanderer, for me, simply does not fit in with the rest of the material, especially when Passengers gets thrown into the mix. I'm surprised by the lack of love The First Time gets; I think it's gorgeous.

BTW, I didn't like Kite at first, but boy has that one grown into a real favorite of mine.

And I hate In A Little While except for ONE line (A man builds a rocketship...) The music's good, but this is one of the songs where I hate both the lyrics AND bono's vocals, so it's painful to listen to

Woah, somebody who agrees with me. Seriously, I echo this entirely.

Though how come you weren't so keen on Kite initially? For me, it's the processed string intro and I don't like the first couple of verses. But from then on in, it's a fantastic song, one of the best the band's released this decade.

:love: Please do.

Tomorrow.

in a little while and wild honey are my fave off that album , I HATE grace.. grrr

if you dont appreciate in a little while it means you havent been really drunk and done something bad and crawled home begging forgiveness !

Glad you enjoy that section, too. Hopefully Race -> One Tree Hill sounds as good as I had planned. After that, it's the same as the album. That's one of the band's best closing stretches that I can think of, if not the best.

Yeah, that worked too. And this home stretch is pretty much perfect, indeed. That and the last three of Pop, I reckon.

I think a lot of JT's songs are so much better in the sequence of the album, or something like this, than they are in isolation.

Exit is my perennial favourite. Everything else can change on a daily basis, but that's always at the top.

I quoted you and added in a bit about the Pop singles order if you're interested.

The Wanderer, for me, simply does not fit in with the rest of the material, especially when Passengers gets thrown into the mix. I'm surprised by the lack of love The First Time gets; I think it's gorgeous.

I played that for a girl tonight. I love The First Time, cracking tune. Fuck yeah.

if you dont appreciate in a little while it means you havent been really drunk and done something bad and crawled home begging forgiveness !

... or you just don't like it when Bono sings like a frog's stuck in his throat.

You've gotta be careful with that dihydrogen monoxide, very dangerous chemical...

:lmao: Oh man, that was one of the best chain emails I ever got.

Woah, somebody who agrees with me. Seriously, I echo this entirely.

Though how come you weren't so keen on Kite initially? For me, it's the processed string intro and I don't like the first couple of verses. But from then on in, it's a fantastic song, one of the best the band's released this decade.

:love: :lol:

Kite, well, I think it was more just that at the time I was so casual that I really only listened to the first four tracks :uhoh: Then really I don't know why I didn't like the song...maybe because I couldn't latch onto the idea of Kite not actually being about a Kite...I don't know, I was a stupid kid :lol:

OH MY GOD Wild Honey. I freaked out once when I heard this song on a News program. I thought it was going to be a single, and then I would've been forced to kill Bono :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom