Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm. I guess if you pronounce the 'ch' like a hard 'k', that makes more sense... but I was kinda thinking of it as a softer 'k' without being a proper English 'ch' sound... like in "loch"....

I think I've been reading "The Adventure of English" too much lately. :lol:

Well, yeah, that's what I meant, like in 'loch'. I find there's only the faintest of nuances between 'k' and that sort of 'ch' for me, so it was just quicker to say 'k' than the 'ch' of 'loch'. But now you've made me write this. :madspit: :wink:

PLEASE don't tell me you stick your contacts in your mouth to clean them!!! or else i'll have to send you contact lens solution too :sad:

EW! Definitely not. Knowing me, I'd probably swallow it.

Actually, I have recurring dreams that I'm swallowing small foreign objects, like small stones or coins. In my dream I think I'm choking, but then I swallow it, and on my dream goes.

I haven't been able to figure out what that's supposed to represent.

When there new album was coming out he kept linking to youtube vids with leaks of the songs, and like HURRRR :rockon: METAL himself, and I was like :grumpy: cause....I much prefer Images and Words, and Awake to pretty much anything else I've heard by them. :lol: So I'm sure he quite enjoyed the tour himself

I fucking HATE Systematic Chaos. Words cannot describe how letdown I felt when that came out. I've never been so disappointed by a band I like in all my life. Systematic Chaos makes ATYCLB look like a bloody masterpiece.

I'm certainly an IAW/Awake fan myself. And A Change Of Seasons and half of Falling Into Infinity rule too.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant, like in 'loch'. I find there's only the faintest of nuances between 'k' and that sort of 'ch' for me, so it was just quicker to say 'k' than the 'ch' of 'loch'. But now you've made me write this. :madspit: :wink:

Haha, now I've drawn you into rock-nerd and word-nerd posts!! :D

I'm liking this second half of the double JT. It's just moody goodness.

I fucking HATE Systematic Chaos. Words cannot describe how letdown I felt when that came out. I've never been so disappointed by a band I like in all my life. Systematic Chaos makes ATYCLB look like a bloody masterpiece.

I'm certainly an IAW/Awake fan myself. And A Change Of Seasons and half of Falling Into Infinity rule too.

I know he's a big metal fan so maybe that's why he liked the new album? :shrug:

Are those two albums similar to IAW and Awake? I might check them out if they are.

EW! Definitely not. Knowing me, I'd probably swallow it.

Actually, I have recurring dreams that I'm swallowing small foreign objects, like small stones or coins. In my dream I think I'm choking, but then I swallow it, and on my dream goes.

thank god! one of my coworkers did that in front of me (well, we sit across from each other so it wasn't hard) and i was like...ewww! i went out and bought her a bottle of solution that day to keep at her desk. (she had some at home, but not work obvs) when she transferred to another department she asked if she could keep it :cute: given that i don't have contacts, i didn't need it :wink:

and yikes! i don't think i have a fear of that, but sometimes i get weird and i have to like consciously think to NOT swallow something, like mouthwash. i have choked on something before that shouldn't have been swallowed (i was like six at the time so it wasn't that, pervs)

i'm not sure what such a dream means :hmm:

Good post in EYKIW, Ax. God knows I don't have much to add to that at the moment, but I'm glad you took the time.

Wow. I tend to get dreams where my teeth grow really big then break off and I spend ages just spitting out tonnes of tooth fragments. :shrug:

I know he's a big metal fan so maybe that's why he liked the new album? :shrug:

Are those two albums similar to IAW and Awake? I might check them out if they are.

Eh, I think the current metal is the sort of juvenile wanky metal that appeals to 20 year old guys who want to look a bit more sophisticated than being just a Slayer fan.

A Change Of Seasons is an EP - it's really just the epic 23 minute title track plus some live stuff I never play. If you like songs such as Pull Me Under, ACOS is the place to be, and it is widely considered to be the band's masterpiece. Falling Into Infinity is their Pop or October to much of the fanbase, but I love songs such as Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, and especially Trial Of Tears, since they retain the earlier sound. Beyond FII, the band starts to move more and more towards metal and away from the prog.

It is a work of ART
i know! :love:

and then there's this one:
baldie.gif

Eh, I think the current metal is the sort of juvenile wanky metal that appeals to 20 year old guys who want to look a bit more sophisticated than being just a Slayer fan.

A Change Of Seasons is an EP - it's really just the epic 23 minute title track plus some live stuff I never play. If you like songs such as Pull Me Under, ACOS is the place to be, and it is widely considered to be the band's masterpiece. Falling Into Infinity is their Pop or October to much of the fanbase, but I love songs such as Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, and especially Trial Of Tears, since they retain the earlier sound. Beyond FII, the band starts to move more and more towards metal and away from the prog.

I'll check out Falling then. Don't know if I can listen to a 23 minute long song though :crazy: :lol:

Good post in EYKIW, Ax. God knows I don't have much to add to that at the moment, but I'm glad you took the time.

Thanks. Glad to add something of substance to the thread after those first two posts.

Also, just done with your Zoorassengers. I think it's great right up until Dirty Day, then while it works through to the end, I'm sure there's some room for improvement.

It doesn't help that I'm really not that big on The First Time, though, so I would much rather The Wanderer as the closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom