Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I jear d statless from a youtube veido and it lblew my mind. Miilion dollar hotel I tik I'll have toget off a,mazpm/ Uusllaly you can trust ruthhm t have the kind of werird u2 sltuff that you can't fund inder normal conditions bt I asked and athey didn't hjageve ikt.

Okay.
Tjat's enloghj

I', making no sense at all.
well that's because stateless is like the only good song on there, other than tgbhf.

Here's a quickly created HTDAAB mix:

One Step Closer
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Crumbs from Your Table
4. Miracle Drug
5. Smile
6. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own (I'd like to mix a version of this with a minute or two of "One Step Closer" acting as an outro, that'd be perfect.)
7. Love and Peace or Else
8. Fast Cars
9. All Because of You (Alt. Version)
10. A Man and a Woman
11. Original of the Species (Single)
12. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
13. Mercy

Sometimes -> Love and Peace is jarring, but the former is a the best closer of Side A while the latter is the perfect song to introduce Side B.

Beautiful Ghost -> Streets is always a winner. :drool:

Damn straight. Somebody here back in 2004 made a mix that merged the two songs called Beautiful Streets, and it is simply stunning. I love it. I've used it on alternate JT discs before, and I think it should probably go on my current one.

Spanish Eyes --> IGC --> Bullet exists for two reasons:
1. IGC was out of place anywhere else.
2. WOWY --> Bullet is an absolute shocker.

I figure you can go Spanish Eyes --> IGC because they're both uptempo songs that don't sound ridiculous back-to-back, and then IGC and Bullet share lyrical themes to an extent.

That said, if it were vinyl, the side split would be between IGC and Bullet.

And re: your Zooropa, Zooropa --> Daddy's Gonna Pay is an inspired pairing.

Ahh...yes, the vinyl split would help immensely. Bullet would be a frightening opener. :lol:

Glad you liked the first transition. :up: My set is nothing if not bold. Occasionally, it bites off a bit more than it can chew and the merging of the two records doesn't work, but at times, yes, I feel it's very inspired.

I jear d statless from a youtube veido and it lblew my mind. Miilion dollar hotel I tik I'll have toget off a,mazpm/ Uusllaly you can trust ruthhm t have the kind of werird u2 sltuff that you can't fund inder normal conditions bt I asked and athey didn't hjageve ikt.

Okay.
Tjat's enloghj

I', making no sense at all.

I funnily enough understood this entirely. I've been reading drunkposting on this thread for too long, maybe? :lol:

well that's because stateless is like the only good song on there, other than tgbhf.

This.

Falling At Your Feet is lovely, but you can get it on a Daniel Lanois CD.

The version of Satellite of Love with Milla Jovovich singing is really, really heinous.

Damn straight. Somebody here back in 2004 made a mix that merged the two songs called Beautiful Streets, and it is simply stunning. I love it. I've used it on alternate JT discs before, and I think it should probably go on my current one.
i think i'm the only person who finds beautiful ghost boring :reject:

Okay, Streets -> In God's Country is odd, but maybe that's just cos I'm so used to IGC being a side-two track... In fact it's making me wonder if I've got this in the right order after all :lol:

Okay, Streets -> In God's Country is odd, but maybe that's just cos I'm so used to IGC being a side-two track... In fact it's making me wonder if I've got this in the right order after all :lol:

Yes, it's in the right spot. I think the guitar work is very similar, so it fits.

Maybe it's time for me to bring this avatar back:

britbrit.jpg

Ahh...yes, the vinyl split would help immensely. Bullet would be a frightening opener. :lol:

Glad you liked the first transition. :up: My set is nothing if not bold. Occasionally, it bites off a bit more than it can chew and the merging of the two records doesn't work, but at times, yes, I feel it's very inspired.

Yeah, Bullet would fucking kick some arse as the opener of Side B. It'd be great.

Just went through the Daddy's Gonna Pay --> United Colours segue. Surprisingly more cohesive than I expected. I'm impressed you managed to use United Colours as anything but an intro.

Also, as much as I'm personally enjoying this, I hate to think how much of U2's audience would be totally alienated if the band released an album like this!

I have an alternate JT that I found somewhere online before I'd heard of any of you people. It's probably pretty similar to all its iterations here.

Yeah, Bullet would fucking kick some arse as the opener of Side B. It'd be great.

Just went through the Daddy's Gonna Pay --> United Colours segue. Surprisingly more cohesive than I expected. I'm impressed you managed to use United Colours as anything but an intro.

Also, as much as I'm personally enjoying this, I hate to think how much of U2's audience would be totally alienated if the band released an album like this!

Think of Bullet as an album opener, period. Beautiful Ghost--->Bullet would be almost as off-putting to the average U2 fan as Daddy's Gonna Pay--->United Colours would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom