Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who missed it earlier, here's my alternate Zooropa:

1. Zooropa
2. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
3. United Colours
4. Always Forever Now
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others
6. A Different Kind Of Blue
7. Beach Sequence
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Dirty Day
10. Lemon
11. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
12. Your Blue Room
13. The First Time

Ooooh. *makes another playlist*

This gets points from me for being interesting, if nothing else! I'm intrigued, merging Zooropa and Passengers? I'm surprised: there's no Slug, but ADKOB makes it? I also very much have it in my mind that United Colours should be an opener.

I listened through it from beginning to end, and I'm quite happy with it. ADKOB makes it because of the transition into Beach Sequence, if nothing else. Plus, it's what, 2 minutes long? :lol:

Slug just didn't fit anywhere. I tried and, ultimately, failed with that one. :( United Colours--->Always Forever Now is a surprisingly good segue. Better than United Colours--->Slug, even.

Yeah, I can see that, too. If you listen to it as a straight playlist, the Bullet -> Silver and Gold transition stays. I think the juxtaposition of the optimism of Red Hill and the balls-to-the-wall craziness of Bullet works, too. It indicates the change you'll hear in the darker second half compared to the lighter first.

Yeah, I was guessing that arrangement was partly deliberate to keep Bullet --> Silver And Gold intact, which certainly strikes me as a solid pairing. Plus, even if RHMT and Bullet don't have the most perfect sonic cohesion, you have politically thematic similarities to create a linkage.

Also, just playing my alternate JT now, and holy fucking shit, you guys have got to try RHMT --> OTH. It is perfect.

I like it more than Wave of Sorrow....

Yeah, so do I. My feeling on the new tracks:

1. Rise Up: fucking great song, I love it.
2. Desert Of Our Love: good, fun song.
3. Wave Of Sorrow: meh, would've been nicer as an instrumental; Bono ruins it at the end.
4. Drunk Chicken: well, it was odd the first time around. And I think that'll be the only time around.

Yeah, I was guessing that arrangement was partly deliberate to keep Bullet --> Silver And Gold intact, which certainly strikes me as a solid pairing. Plus, even if RHMT and Bullet don't have the most perfect sonic cohesion, you have politically thematic similarities to create a linkage.

Also, just playing my alternate JT now, and holy fucking shit, you guys have got to try RHMT --> OTH. It is perfect.

Cool.

That does sound great! "Race Against Time" has a similar effect before "One Tree Hill," as well.

Axver's alternate JT has great flow, but one of the only truly fun moments on the album, Trip Through Your Wires, is sorely missing. Spanish Eyes can't fill that empty spot.

Luminous Times is shockingly good. I always forget this one.

I listened through it from beginning to end, and I'm quite happy with it. ADKOB makes it because of the transition into Beach Sequence, if nothing else. Plus, it's what, 2 minutes long? :lol:

Slug just didn't fit anywhere. I tried and, ultimately, failed with that one. :( United Colours--->Always Forever Now is a surprisingly good segue. Better than United Colours--->Slug, even.

I prefer to take Beach Sequence by itself, personally. I love that track. I love it enough to use it on my DI V list, in fact.

Damn, shame about that. I can see United Colours --> AFN working, now that you mention it. But United Colours after Daddy's Gonna Pay? I'm skeptical there.

Axver's alternate JT has great flow, but one of the only truly fun moments on the album, Trip Through Your Wires, is sorely missing. Spanish Eyes can't fill that empty spot.

Luminous Times is shockingly good. I always forget this one.

See, Spanish Eyes is firstly a top fifteen, possibly top ten, U2 track for me, and secondly, I think removing TTYW makes the album much, much better. It always feels so out of place. I remain thankful that Edge pulled Bono back from making an even more countrified album.

Here's my ATCYLB listing:

Wild in My Heart (Not too sold on the title, but it's fun to say)
1. Beautiful Day
2. In a Little While
3. Sweetest Thing (Single)
4. Summer Rain
5. Flower Child
6. Stuck in a Moment (Acoustic)
7. Kite
8. When I Look at the World
9. Stateless
10. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
11. The Hands That Built America (The Edit + 2.5 VariSpeed)
12. Peace on Earth / Walk On (from America: A Tribute to Heroes)

I prefer to take Beach Sequence by itself, personally. I love that track. I love it enough to use it on my DI V list, in fact.

Damn, shame about that. I can see United Colours --> AFN working, now that you mention it. But United Colours after Daddy's Gonna Pay? I'm skeptical there.

Really, it'll be on your DI5? :drool: *takes note of this*

You would be surprised. Daddy's Gonna Pay surprised me following Zooropa; all the clatter at the end of the latter flows brilliantly into the former. It's a similar effect with United Colours. The first four tracks are really hypnotic and numbing together...the album actually gets more enjoyable as it goes, which is the way I like it.

See, Spanish Eyes is firstly a top fifteen, possibly top ten, U2 track for me, and secondly, I think removing TTYW makes the album much, much better. It always feels so out of place. I remain thankful that Edge pulled Bono back from making an even more countrified album.

"Rise Up" and "Desert" have quite the country twang to them, along with "Red Hill" and "In God's Country." It works in doses, like that Two Americas idea, but that's about it. I'm glad it wasn't explored any further either.

"Trip" is a fun track, but nothing too great.

I'm wary of making assumptions lately, since I accidentally attributed a penis to cori. :reject:

I'll have to go back and find out how it changed when you posted the second one...

Haha, it's no problem at all. It's easy to make those kinds of assumptions anyway - you probably hadn't seen me post about my lady friend before either.

The second half was tweaked around a bit after I took out "Trip" and "Sweetest Thing."

Here's my ATCYLB listing:

Wild in My Heart (Not too sold on the title, but it's fun to say)
1. Beautiful Day
2. In a Little While
3. Sweetest Thing (Single)
4. Summer Rain
5. Flower Child
6. Stuck in a Moment (Acoustic)
7. Kite
8. When I Look at the World
9. Stateless
10. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
11. The Hands That Built America (The Edit + 2.5 VariSpeed)
12. Peace on Earth / Walk On (from America: A Tribute to Heroes)

Well, that track listing is certainly superior, but I'm not sold on it flow*ing properly. MDH and ATYCLB largely doesn't mix, I find.

*WTF?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom