Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've done EPs too. The Silver EP might be a good place to start, especially as it's stylistically varied. I've seen the track Star referred to as being almost drone pop.

Have you heard Opeth's song Bleak? That's the song that eased me into death vocals. Sure, the first few minutes are just chugging guitars and Akerfeldt growling, but then it transitions into beautiful clean harmonies between Akerfeldt and Steven Wilson. And, of course, there's the acoustic Damnation album which has no growls at all - nor any metal, besides perhaps an atmosphere inherent to all their albums.

I just listened to the song Old Year for whatever reason and was very impressed. Unusual melody crossed with an enveloping atmosphere.

Steven Wilson :cute: He saves this song.

You know what artist I really hate? Mars Volta. Fuck them.

OK, short reply territory here, where I attempt to avoid my usual rambling nature. It's 4am and I need to sleep.

LMP, yeah, once I've slept I'd enjoy doing a running diary of that, though I might need someone to e-mail me those single mixes. If I do have MP3s of them, I'm fucked if I know where. I own both singles, but I've kept them mint for no apparent reason.

It was always easier for me to just find whatever I wanted than try to make a piss attempt at it in Paint.
I love that icon. :lol: Mind if I save it?

Aha, I see. I love that song quite a lot (mostly for the lyrics as it's helped me through some rough times.) and I did enjoy seeing the live versions of it even though I like the studio version a whole lot better. The song itself is just special to me, basically. :)
Is it bad that took me a min to figure out what TTTYAATW meant? (Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.) I am so bad with stuff like that. :D

Thanks! I hope so too. I am considering going with that company that doesn't require phone or cable as in the long run (since a home phone isn't necessary what with all the cell phones around here...) that it would be a lot cheaper (even if it is pricey just for internet itself) because dial up is way too much of a pain for my liking. A lot of sites take along time to load (for example, the vitamin water site.) or when a lot of pics (or a video) are loading, IMs in any messenger, be it AIM, Yahoo or MSN send and receive rather delayed or not at all while something is loading (or downloading) and I can't use more than one web page loading at a time. High speed would be a lot better and easier for me, especially in icon posting since I tend to post upwards of 40 at one time.

That would be really cool! I'd love to see pictures from that.
I was Elevation Bono once for halloween but I dunno that I'd go to a concert all done up like that!

Yeah, sure, feel free to save it. :)

Hah, it seems the discussion here's illustrating that I'm one of the few people who knows song names through acronyms.

Yeah, I remember how bloody aggravating dialup was from my time on it (I occasionally use it nowadays; I have free back-up dialup if my DSL goes down), and it seems websites are increasingly being designed with too much junk that would be a nightmare for dialup users. I find it annoying enough myself! And personally, I only still have a landline so I can get DSL. I'd probably have ditched it otherwise, but landline + DSL works out better for me than cable.

Anyway, I better go to bed. Have a good one everybody! :wave:

Would you guys wanna do a running diary of this version of Pop?:

1. Mofo
2. Discotheque
3. Do You Feel Loved
4. If God Will Send His Angels (Single)
5. Staring at the Sun
6. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
7. Gone
8. Last Night on Earth
9. The Playboy Mansion
10. If You Wear that Velvet Dress
11. North and South of the River
12. Please (Single)

Call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of "Wake Up Dead Man."

My Pop goes like this:

1. Mofo
2. Gone (Best Of)
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe (Garage mix)
6. Do You Feel Loved
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Discothéque
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. North and South of the River
11. Please (Single Edit)
12. Wake Up Dead Man

Also, my Pop is titled Do You Feel Loved?.

My Pop goes like this:

1. Mofo
2. Gone (Best Of)
3. Last Night on Earth
5. Holy Joe (Garage mix)
6. Do You Feel Loved
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Discothéque
11. Please (Single Edit)
12. Wake Up Dead Man

That's a great alternate cut, too. We kept some of the same sequencing. I haven't heard "Holy Joe" in ages.

I'm working on a "Double album" cut of The Joshua Tree with "Desert of Our Love" and "Rise Up."

My Pop goes like this:

1. Mofo
2. Gone (Best Of)
3. Last Night on Earth
5. Holy Joe (Garage mix)
6. Do You Feel Loved
7. Staring at the Sun
8. Discothéque
11. Please (Single Edit)
12. Wake Up Dead Man

Cool. I think this version is a little too top-heavy when it comes to rocking the fuck out though.

Also, does anyone know how to convert a weighted GPA to a 4.0 scale? I've Googled it and have gotten totally lost.

I had a The Unforgettable Fire tracklist that was about thirteen songs long, but I can't remember where I wrote it.

My alternate cut of Radiohead's Hail to the Thief:

1. 2+2=5.
2. Myxomatosis.
3. Where Bluebirds Fly
4. Sit down. Stand Up.
5. The Gloaming.
6. Paperbag Writer
7. Where I End and You Begin.
8. There there.
9. I Will (LA Version)
10. Sail to the Moon.
11. A Wolf at the Door.
12. Gagging Order

My alternate cut of Radiohead's Hail to the Thief:

1. 2+2=5.
2. Myxomatosis.
3. Where Bluebirds Fly
4. Sit down. Stand Up.
5. The Gloaming.
6. Paperbag Writer
7. Where I End and You Begin.
8. There there.
9. I Will (LA Version)
10. Sail to the Moon.
11. A Wolf at the Door.
12. Gagging Order

My alternate cut of HTTT:

23128275.jpg

I only like the studio cuts of four tracks off Zooropa. DGPFYCC and Dirty Day improved live, too. Other than that ... meh.

I also enjoyed using Boomerang I as the credits for a Spanish video project I did earlier this year.

Haha, all of my alternate cuts of Zooropa throw in some Passengers tracks.

I can understand this, actually. Fuck, take the best 7 tracks from Zooropa and combine them with the best 7 tracks from Passengers and you have a sprawling masterpiece.

But I wouldn't toy around with either because I love them both.

If Bono sang without a falsetto in Lemon, it would be one of my favorite U2 tracks. But he does, and it ruins it for me. NSW agrees with me, to an extent.

I can understand this, actually. Fuck, take the best 7 tracks from Zooropa and combine them with the best 7 tracks from Passengers and you have a sprawling masterpiece.

But I wouldn't toy around with either because I love them both.

I'm working on one right now. It's still a work-in-progress:

1. Zooropa
2. Slug
3. Numb
4. Daddy's Gonna Pay...
5. Always Forever Now
6. Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
7. Lemon
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Stay
10. Your Blue Room
11. The First Time
12. The Wanderer

I do like the first 3 tracks and last 3 tracks, but the middle is a mess. Fuck.

If Bono sang without a falsetto in Lemon, it would be one of my favorite U2 tracks. But he does, and it ruins it for me. NSW agrees with me, to an extent.

I don't know, I like the Prince vibe it brings to the song. Plus, I can imagine Chrissy Martin listening to this at night and sobbing in front of a mirror asking himself, "Why can't I sound like this???" :sad:

Guys, let me just say this:

Few things are more awesome than having breakfast right by the beach at like 8:30am with close friends. And now I must cleanse myself in preparations for the rest of my day, which will include a Dodger game later tonight, which means Dodger Dogs will be consumed.

That's my post for the day, unless I hop on after the game. Later.

I'm working on one right now. It's still a work-in-progress:

1. Zooropa
2. Slug
3. Numb
4. Daddy's Gonna Pay...
5. Always Forever Now
6. Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
7. Lemon
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. Stay
10. Your Blue Room
11. The First Time
12. The Wanderer

I do like the first 3 tracks and last 3 tracks, but the middle is a mess. Fuck.

Looks good. I should throw one together.

From Zooropa, I would use every track but Babyface, Numb, and The Wanderer, and from Passengers I would just use the first half, as there really isn't anything in the second half I could be bothered with.

I don't know, I like the Prince vibe it brings to the song. Plus, I can imagine Chrissy Martin listening to this at night and sobbing in front of a mirror asking himself, "Why can't I sound like this???" :sad:

It's just not for me. I hear him sing that part "...like I'm slowly slipping under" and just want him to sing like that for the whole song. He also added in those "midnight" parts to the chorus live in full voice, which I liked. It's just overkill to me.

NSW, I distinctly remember our translation being "Leh-MAWN."

One day, you'll realize something about me:

I change patterns up to make me laugh. For example:

Pet Rescue Squad
Rescue Pet Squad
Pet Rescue Team
Rescue Pet Team

I used all 4 when posting the photos of that nutty, gritty group of animals.

The :love: Dalton thing is another example.

THE HISTORIAN, that's simply how I go about my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom