Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Uh, I'm genuinely surprised that high and stoned would have different or specific meanings in America, I mean here they can both refer to weed, and 'stoned' could refer to being drunk until a few decades ago, but see it would be more acceptable to say someone on cocaine is 'high' rather than 'stoned', I don't pay attention but I don't think I've heard 'stoned' used referring to gear either. I think that's sort of subjective depending on the area, i.e. how 'dope' almost totally refers to weed in Australia where practically everywhere else it refers to heroin (often a source of confusion).

Oh, dope refers to weed here? Yeah, shows what I know! :lol:

I'm pretty sure I made some remark about somebody being either stoned or high on marijuana, and I was told that I used the wrong one. Now I can't remember which it was, though! I always thought they were synonyms. Maybe it was cocaine though, now that you mention it being more acceptable to use high for that ...

And gear?

I was thinking it was about time that we give you the Superthread initiation ritual too! Actually, we probably got you to do it when you first came on board, but I lost the masterlist and only recently refound it and you aren't on it.

So, I need to be hazed anyway? :huh:

Modern trams

1467726883_804c38d579.jpg

Old trams

193.jpg

I like both! :drool::D

Oooh, the old one is funky.

Here's one of my own photos showing both old and new Melbourne trams. At right is SW5 728, the oldest operational tram in Melbourne besides the restaurant trams (it's from 1939), and at left is C1 3013 from 2001.

s640x480

I looove SW5 728. :drool:

So, I need to be hazed anyway? :huh:

It's the way of the Superthread. If I don't administer the initiation ritual, people may have my head. :wink:

It's only taking the Purity Test and posting your result: 100 Point Purity Test

As we've just been discussing, we're going to write our own one, which will be significantly more nerdy! "Do you have over 1,000 posts on an Internet forum? Do you have over 1,000 on the Superthreads alone?" :lol:

That's Bengali language btw on that old Indian tram. I love the Bengali script! :drool:

Oooh SW5 728 is beautiful! :heart:

That's Bengali language btw on that old Indian tram. I love the Bengali script! :drool:

Oooh SW5 728 is beautiful! :heart:

It looks awesome. Clearly, somebody with Yarra Trams also thought so recently, since there was this rather poorly executed campaign to stop fare evaders by emphasising "bad karma", and it had ads written in English but made to look like it was in some kind of faux-Bengali script.

I'm also known for my fondness of the Z3 class, from 1979-84. I took this photo of Z3 120 back in April:

s640x480

Oh, dope refers to weed here? Yeah, shows what I know! :lol:

I'm pretty sure I made some remark about somebody being either stoned or high on marijuana, and I was told that I used the wrong one. Now I can't remember which it was, though! I always thought they were synonyms. Maybe it was cocaine though, now that you mention it being more acceptable to use high for that ...

And gear?

Gear is almost the only term used for heroin here nowadays. But since it's not so big a problem lately, you hear less of it. A few of my Minlaton friends were on it and probably still are, though.

I have been meaning to stonedpost here for a while now, but I need to buy some masivly wiXXed 420 muddafuckin sheet first. Crank up some Swervedriver and such...

It's the way of the Superthread. If I don't administer the initiation ritual, people may have my head. :wink:

It's only taking the Purity Test and posting your result: 100 Point Purity Test

As we've just been discussing, we're going to write our own one, which will be significantly more nerdy! "Do you have over 1,000 posts on an Internet forum? Do you have over 1,000 on the Superthreads alone?" :lol:

I have like 23,000+ on one and nearly 10,000 on another. :lol:

You answered "yes" to 33 of 100 questions, making you 67.0% sexually pure (33.0% sexually corrupt); that is, you are 67.0% pure in the sex domain.

:angel:

I may try to get one soon once my grandma's house sells!
I will want to get one anyway because I plan on trying to see U2 this tour and I know I am gonna wanna go pic crazy!

See, I'm paranoid that my camera will be confiscated by security at concerts, so that's the one time I never take it with me. Ali can attest that this came back to bite me before the Porcupine Tree concert in April, when the only operational B1 class tram in Melbourne ran past us while we waited in line. Luckily enough, I saw it again a few days later when I had my camera. :nerd:

And now I welcome you to the Superthread masterlist! The 60-75% area, once poorly populated, is now filling up, it seems.

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
Pearl: 67%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 22%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%

(Part of the reason I keep posting the whole updated list every time somebody takes the test is in case I lose the damn thing again! :lol: )

See, I'm paranoid that my camera will be confiscated by security at concerts, so that's the one time I never take it with me. Ali can attest that this came back to bite me before the Porcupine Tree concert in April, when the only operational B1 class tram in Melbourne ran past us while we waited in line. Luckily enough, I saw it again a few days later when I had my camera. :nerd:

Do they confiscate cameras at concerts? I wouldn't know, I've never been to one.
I know people take pics with theirs and use their phones but yeah, do they sneak them or something?

Whew! I thought I was the only one who was well, Victorian like!

Gear is almost the only term used for heroin here nowadays. But since it's not so big a problem lately, you hear less of it. A few of my Minlaton friends were on it and probably still are, though.

I have been meaning to stonedpost here for a while now, but I need to buy some masivly wiXXed 420 muddafuckin sheet first. Crank up some Swervedriver and such...

Ah, right. I hadn't at all heard the term before, but given my circle of friends, not much of a surprise.

Hah, that'd be interesting. And I imagine some Duress might go well with that ...?

Alright folks! It's been fun but I gotta get on with the day! :wave:

Good night to all the Australasians! :wink: And bye to everyone else.

I have like 23,000+ on one and nearly 10,000 on another. :lol:

I've made about the same amount of comments on LiveJournal as I have posts here, but otherwise, I think my highest post count on another forum is around 6,000-7,000. This place has really become my online home, especially since the first forum I ever used was closed and taken offline and another one just ... well, I drifted in one direction and it drifted in another.

Do they confiscate cameras at concerts? I wouldn't know, I've never been to one.
I know people take pics with theirs and use their phones but yeah, do they sneak them or something?

Woah, you've never been to a concert? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Because I thought I took bloody forever to see a concert, and my first show was when I was 18. I feel like I've been making up for lost time ever since, which is kind of hard when so few bands I like come to Australia.

And yeah, quite often tickets will say "no cameras" or something to that effect. They can't stop mobile phone cameras, obviously, and I have never seen security guards stop anybody with just an ordinary point-and-shoot amateur camera (unless they're using flash). The "no cameras" rule tends to be mainly targeted at big, expensive professional cameras, like SLRs.

Whew! I thought I was the only one who was well, Victorian like!

Heh, no. I suspect my 69% is going to stay static for a long time yet.

That is, unless I get seriously drunk one weekend and pass out, thus lowering my score to 68! Actually, I don't specifically remember going to sleep last Saturday, but I'm not going to try passing off a hazy memory of the last half hour of wakefulness as passing out.

I've made about the same amount of comments on LiveJournal as I have posts here, but otherwise, I think my highest post count on another forum is around 6,000-7,000. This place has really become my online home, especially since the first forum I ever used was closed and taken offline and another one just ... well, I drifted in one direction and it drifted in another.

Woah, you've never been to a concert? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Because I thought I took bloody forever to see a concert, and my first show was when I was 18. I feel like I've been making up for lost time ever since, which is kind of hard when so few bands I like come to Australia.

And yeah, quite often tickets will say "no cameras" or something to that effect. They can't stop mobile phone cameras, obviously, and I have never seen security guards stop anybody with just an ordinary point-and-shoot amateur camera (unless they're using flash). The "no cameras" rule tends to be mainly targeted at big, expensive professional cameras, like SLRs.

I've made maybe as many LJ comments as I have posts on here. (1300+) Maybe a bit more or less than that, don't know. I don't tend to really post a lot in chat threads and stuff like that so my posts don't really go much of anywhere. :lol:

I will be 21 on July 20th. I have never been to a concert, no. I never really had the chance to do it when I was a teenager and I am not even very sure I will be able to see U2 this next tour, despite how bad I honestly want to go, but I am hoping that I will have the chance to do so.

Greetings, PFan. :wave:

I've made maybe as many LJ comments as I have posts on here. (1300+) Maybe a bit more or less than that, don't know. I don't tend to really post a lot in chat threads and stuff like that so my posts don't really go much of anywhere. :lol:

I will be 21 on July 20th. I have never been to a concert, no. I never really had the chance to do it when I was a teenager and I am not even very sure I will be able to see U2 this next tour, despite how bad I honestly want to go, but I am hoping that I will have the chance to do so.

This is really the only chat thread I've ever participated in. Before the Superthreads began in February, I'd made about 32,000 posts on Interference in 4.5 years - the bulk of that came from setlist parties on the last tour. Now I've made over 22,500 posts in the Superthreads since 22 February! :crack:

Ahh, OK. I was 21 back in January. In the last few years, I've gotten into a lot more obscure bands, which helps when they come to Australia because it means the concerts are much more affordable than U2! That said, I did ten concerts on the Vertigo Tour. And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.

And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.

Makes you feel any better, I saw U2 twice on their Vertigo Tour alone too. I couldn't find anyone who was willing to spend a good portion of their paycheck on a ticket.

I'm 17. The only two shows I've seen were The Who in Sept. 2006 and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in Oct. 2007. The latter being a much better show.

All of that being ironic, a bit, since U2's my favorite live band and I've never seen them live.

All of that being ironic, a bit, since U2's my favorite live band and I've never seen them live.

Depending on the size of the venue, this is a rather difficult thing to do. I had to pay a ridiculously high price for my tickets last time.

Greetings, PFan. :wave:

This is really the only chat thread I've ever participated in. Before the Superthreads began in February, I'd made about 32,000 posts on Interference in 4.5 years - the bulk of that came from setlist parties on the last tour. Now I've made over 22,500 posts in the Superthreads since 22 February! :crack:

Ahh, OK. I was 21 back in January. In the last few years, I've gotten into a lot more obscure bands, which helps when they come to Australia because it means the concerts are much more affordable than U2! That said, I did ten concerts on the Vertigo Tour. And the lack of friends who share my tastes in obscure bands means I go to some gigs alone, which is kind of dodgy.
A majority of my posts are from PLEBA. :lol: But I do occasionally venture out of that corner of Interference! My post count is rather low for the time I've been here since I still don't post very often. But I have the feeling that will be changing as I am becoming quite addicted to the blue crack!

I wouldn't go to a concert alone. I'd be too paranoid with my tiny self to go to one alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom