Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't you make two different versions? One for males, one for females?
Or is it going to be a universal thing that doesn't include questions that can only apply to one gender?

We'll go for universality. The current Purity Test seems to strive for that, but overlooks it on the abortion question.

There will probably be more emphasis on nerdy pursuits rather than sex/drugs anyway! :lol:

We'll go for universality. The current Purity Test seems to strive for that, but overlooks it on the abortion question.

There will probably be more emphasis on nerdy pursuits rather than sex/drugs anyway! :lol:

Aha, I will probably score higher since I am new to the superthread and haven't done things like take pics of trains (because someone on the superthread asked) or things like that. :lol:

11 O'Clock x 2 > Vertigo x 2

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Back in the day, 11OTT worked. On Vertigo, Vertigo x2 was just a bit ridiculous. Especially since they could have just used Native Son instead. That would have made so much more sense, and been bloody awesome.

Keep the sex and drugs in there still, though. To some extent.

What really annoys me is how much racist shit the various African communities in Australia, especially the Sudanese, get from some quarters. Every member of those communities that I've met has been nothing short of incredibly polite and friendly. This particular guy came running up to me when he saw I was walking near the platform edge. I explained to him that I could see a little bit and actually loved photography, and he was fascinated by it, he was even encouraging me to photograph the train as it arrived! He seemed to be one of those easygoing people who's just happy to be alive. The 10 minute wait for the train just flew by. So, yeah, good times.

That is awesome. Go him. :up:

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Back in the day, 11OTT worked. On Vertigo, Vertigo x2 was just a bit ridiculous. Especially since they could have just used Native Son instead. That would have made so much more sense, and been bloody awesome.

And made most of the audience go "WTF?!" :lol:

Ack, I was gonna go to bed, but I just started DLing the 13/12/80 Boston show... Then again, it's already 30% done, so if I start saying I'm leaving now, that should work :D

:hug:

At least you didn't spend your teenage years hiding in libraries :wink:

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

My school's library had the most beautiful copy of Dante's Divine Comedy, and since I was the only person hiding out in that section, its condition was almost as good as new. :drool:

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

My school's library had the most beautiful copy of Dante's Divine Comedy, and since I was the only person hiding out in that section, its condition was almost as good as new. :drool:

Dante's on my list of Things to Read...

I love trams almost as much as trains! Calcutta is one of the few (maybe even the only) cities in India with operational trams. :heart:

Oooh. I'm familiar with some of the railways in India (and who DOESN'T love the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway?), but not its tramways. It seems most works on tramways, in English at least, are just "yeah, the US and the UK had trams until the fifties then tore them up ... same goes for Australia and New Zealand except Melbourne ... and countries elsewhere have/had them but they speak funny languages so we won't say any more". :down:

Did they open with "The Ocean" often for the Boy tour?

And wow, I can actually make out the words now. :lol:

Yes, The Ocean was the most common opener by quite some margin. Kind of a weird choice, but I think it worked. It had this weird atmospheric vibe, with Adam's 'fro bobbing in the dim lighting, then they ripped into 11OTT.

Aha, I will probably score higher since I am new to the superthread and haven't done things like take pics of trains (because someone on the superthread asked) or things like that. :lol:

Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!" :wink:

I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it. :lol:

Yes, The Ocean was the most common opener by quite some margin. Kind of a weird choice, but I think it worked. It had this weird atmospheric vibe, with Adam's 'fro bobbing in the dim lighting, then they ripped into 11OTT.
I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. :lol: That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live :D (eg, Touch)

Don't worry, hang around for a bit longer and I'm sure you'll see a train or a plane or a rock and think "hey, I'll photograph that and show it to Ax/Ian/Ali!" :wink:

I'm amazed how many people here have photographed trains to show me! I love it. :lol:
Must get a camera first. ;)
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off. :lol:

Last edited:
Keep the sex and drugs in there still, though. To some extent.

Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure. :wink:

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! :lol: Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)

Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that... :lol:

Ack, I was gonna go to bed, but I just started DLing the 13/12/80 Boston show... Then again, it's already 30% done, so if I start saying I'm leaving now, that should work :D

:laugh: Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.

I never used to be one of those people who wanted desperately to have seen them way back when, but now I do. :lol: That sounds awesome.

Where's that time machine??

Ooh. I keep forgetting they played non-Boy songs ... and that they always sound better live :D (eg, Touch)

I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.

Must get a camera first. ;)
Though I am sure that once I do get a camera, I'll be photographing everything that catches my eye and showing it off. :lol:

I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!

Photographed, and videoed...!

Ooh, I saw a tram today, looked very modern and spiffy... it was running down Glenferrie road... only identifying thing I thought to take note of was that it was tram number 3511 or something like that... :lol:

Ooh, 3511 would be one of the D1 class trams introduced in 2003.

I hear that the second French tram has now arrived and should be running in about a week. Not as if borrowing five trams is going to help overcrowding much, but it's a start ...

Oh, no doubt. We don't want Jen ceasing to be the least pure. :wink:

(Might actually get somebody like you to help out with some good drug-related questions. Not meaning to imply anything bad about you there, mind you! :lol: Just you have some clue, while I don't even know the correct usage of stoned/high - I think you or Vazza said they refer to different drugs?)

:lol:

Uh, I'm genuinely surprised that high and stoned would have different or specific meanings in America, I mean here they can both refer to weed, and 'stoned' could refer to being drunk until a few decades ago, but see it would be more acceptable to say someone on cocaine is 'high' rather than 'stoned', I don't pay attention but I don't think I've heard 'stoned' used referring to gear either. I think that's sort of subjective depending on the area, i.e. how 'dope' almost totally refers to weed in Australia where practically everywhere else it refers to heroin (often a source of confusion).

:laugh: Shouldn't be too large a file to download anyway, and if I remember correctly, the set's only 45 minutes or something.
All done now.

I've always wanted to go back to an early show, but then UABRS was crucial in me becoming a U2 fan, so I suppose that's hardly surprising. Plus, it'd be just incredible to see the band in a tiny club playing songs like I Threw A Brick, Twilight, Touch, With A Shout, and whatnot.
:drool:

Okay, bed time for me... :wave:

OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!

Ah right... I like that one better than those ones with the whole front sloping at the same angle...

Anyway, I was leaving, and not having a conversation about trams. :lol:

*gone*

I'm guessing you're referring to the other new ones, the C class?

Oh, but you're leaving. And here I was thinking you were going to stay to listen to 1980-12-13! Well, have a good night! :wave:

OK, everyone, I'm back.
Sorry I got sidetracked. I had one of the employees here tearing his hair out over stress, so I had to avoid being online or else he would've tore my hair out!

Yeah, I noticed you vanished - figured something work-related must have happened. I was thinking it was about time that we give you the Superthread initiation ritual too! Actually, we probably got you to do it when you first came on board, but I lost the masterlist and only recently refound it and you aren't on it.

Modern trams

1467726883_804c38d579.jpg

Old trams

193.jpg

I like both! :drool::D

I didn't have my own digital camera until last Christmas. First used it in January this year. Have already taken over 7,000 photos!
I may try to get one soon once my grandma's house sells!
I will want to get one anyway because I plan on trying to see U2 this tour and I know I am gonna wanna go pic crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom