Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame he was about twenty years too late.

(Also kidding. Some bands I like were influenced by the Beatles, so I guess I need the influence to be there.)

:laugh: to both.

"Some" bands. Heh, even I would give more credit to them.

Oh to Hades with it.

bonogibsonblackaccoustiou7.jpg

Also, I recommend the other Boston Boy gig, from the second leg - their first trip the US. 1980-12-13.
Cool, ta... :up:

Things to Make and Do is pretty cool too...

I love that these Boy gigs can all fit onto one download on that site that won't be named :D

I have always liked the term Australasians to refer to both peoples. But I don't know how kiwis feel about Australia dominating that word! :wink:

:lol: Yeah, she just stopped posting, much in the style of Mia and Khan in the past when they've drunkposted and passed out!

:lol: Seems like lotsa fun. I've never drunk posted. Well, on here, anyway.
Depending on what I m doing on my birthday, I may be doing the same! (My birthday's on a Sunday, so I dunno if I'll be drinking then or not.)

Patriotism is nowhere near as big a deal here as it is in the USA... and I have to say, a lot of the most vocally "patriotic" or "proud" Australians that I've seen, are also the most racist, bigoted wankers I've ever had the misfortune to share a nationality with. It really doesn't encourage me, at least, to come over all bursting with Australian pride. I mean, what's so good? Okay, we invented a bionic ear, that's pretty cool, but I don't think it justifies getting misty-eyed over the (mostly boring and anachronistic) flag.

Whoah. Sorry. :lol:

I love this post.

I should also say that I fucking love Melbourne, before anybody gets any ideas. Yesterday, at Moreland station, I had my cane out and this really nice Somalian guy was worried that I was going to fall over the edge of the platform. We got to talking about where we both came from and how much we loved living in Melbourne. We agreed that Sydney's terrible but this part of Australia is one of the best places on the planet.

70% pure (30% corrupt)
Can't wait to see your version.

Our version should be awesome if we properly get it off the ground. We have a lot of Superthreadtastic ideas floating around that we need to actually go through with.

Also, welcome to the Superthread master list!

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 22%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%

"Some" bands. Heh, even I would give more credit to them.

Oh to Hades with it.

bonogibsonblackaccoustiou7.jpg

You're a horrible person! :lol:

And somehow I suspect the Beatles' existence wasn't terribly influential on the existence of bands such as Agalloch and Orphaned Land. :wink:

I have always liked the term Australasians to refer to both peoples. But I don't know how kiwis feel about Australia dominating that word! :wink:
I also dunno how the people in all the other countries in this area would feel about that...!

"Austral" just means southern, so it needn't refer specifically to Australia (which was VERY imaginitively named... not that "New Zealand" can claim any superior originality there!).

Our version should be awesome if we properly get it off the ground. We have a lot of Superthreadtastic ideas floating around that we need to actually go through with.

Also, welcome to the Superthread master list!

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono212, COBL_04, coolian2, Lemonchick, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
Serena Vox: 70%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
bono_man2002, RegularBonoFan: 62%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, Lila64, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
No Spoken Words: 52%
DreamOutLoud13, liamcool: 50%
Its Britastic!: 48%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson: 33%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 22%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%

Ahh, I'm near the top. I figured I'd be. :lol:
Thanks!

I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet! :heart:

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious. :wink:

:lol: Seems like lotsa fun. I've never drunk posted. Well, on here, anyway.
Depending on what I m doing on my birthday, I may be doing the same! (My birthday's on a Sunday, so I dunno if I'll be drinking then or not.)

I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night. :wink:

I love this post.

I should also say that I fucking love Melbourne, before anybody gets any ideas. Yesterday, at Moreland station, I had my cane out and this really nice Somalian guy was worried that I was going to fall over the edge of the platform. We got to talking about where we both came from and how much we loved living in Melbourne. We agreed that Sydney's terrible but this part of Australia is one of the best places on the planet.

That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/

..... we are?? :uhoh:

Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"

I should be drunkposting, but nooo, the rugby's not on free-to-air TV, so my wine's just stayed on the bench.

And have a party on the Saturday night. :wink:

I was thinking the Saturday before because I'm sure I'd be hammered by midnight of Sunday anyway. :lol:
Just 8 more days anyway! :hyper:

Yeah, we figure the current purity test has some problems, most notably the fact that males, since they cannot have abortions, cannot score 0%! And it really needs to account for nerdy things too, like "have you drunkposted on the Superthread? Have you drunkposted solely due to the encouragement of the Superthread? Have you passed out while drunkposting on the Superthread?" and "have you taken a photo of a train/plane/stadium/rock solely for somebody on the Superthread?"

Couldn't you make two different versions? One for males, one for females?
Or is it going to be a universal thing that doesn't include questions that can only apply to one gender?

I just looked up Moreland Station on google maps. It's just outside Melbourne yeah? God bless the internet! :heart:

PS: Axver, I'm not stalking you. I was just curious. :wink:

:lol: Yeah, it's in Melbourne's northern suburbs, I suppose near the northern edge of what I'd consider to be the inner suburbs. It's a cool spot for tramspotting, since just down from the station is the Moreland tram depot. :drool:

Aah... methinks I may score a little lower on this version. :lol:

That's really cool. Sort of a generalisation, but I find the Africans in Australia to be some of the most incredibly polite and friendly people I've ever met. The fact that I've quite easily remained friends with the Congolese guy I was seeing earlier is a good testament to this. You know, of course there's exceptions but, just saying, I would bet most of them are better company than the average white Australian. I feel like this is touchy for whatever reason, so I'll end it there. NOT RACIST/

What really annoys me is how much racist shit the various African communities in Australia, especially the Sudanese, get from some quarters. Every member of those communities that I've met has been nothing short of incredibly polite and friendly. This particular guy came running up to me when he saw I was walking near the platform edge. I explained to him that I could see a little bit and actually loved photography, and he was fascinated by it, he was even encouraging me to photograph the train as it arrived! He seemed to be one of those easygoing people who's just happy to be alive. The 10 minute wait for the train just flew by. So, yeah, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom