Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? like reviewing each song?

"Bloody hell, you zoochtung worshippers are too much!" :lol:

Yeah, we both played the album and posted our thoughts as it went. I made some post during One about Bono getting all faux-emotional on us that may have just tipped you over the edge. :wink:

Read this unusually positive news item on the USA this morning...

Commentary: What's right with America? Plenty - CNN.com

...and thought this was interesting:

We love our country. World Values Survey found that 77 percent of Americans are very proud of their nationality. That puts us in a first place tie with the Irish. Australia was next and no one else was really even close.

The Elevation versions aren't really worth it either, though the Vertigo version is fascinating and I wish they'd done it more than just twice. On Elevation, it started out as frequent, but I'm talking only the first fortnight; it quickly dropped off and only reappeared sporadically from April to August, then disappeared entirely.

I'd certainly say the Popmart versions are definitive, though. And they were snippetry heaven. :drool:

Mark Chapman's the bloke who shot Lennon.
Ah, that's right. He's got such a boring, ordinary name, I keep forgetting... :lol:

I remember now, that people were surprised by Vertigo Discotheque...? I guess they feel they have some sort of obligation to play songs from the most recent tour... :shrug:
*hopes this means Stuck won't be in the next one*

She's usually on MSN by now... :uhoh:
*sends virtual Berocca to her*

What happened to her anyway? I'm guessing she must have just passed out!

Wow, 11 O'Clock frickin rocks.

Hell yes. 11OTT is the reason I'm posting here and run U2gigs and all that stuff.

(Well, so are Bad and Gone. Not sure which song deserves the most credit, really.)

What happened to her anyway? I'm guessing she must have just passed out!
I took some tylenol PM last night for my headache and she was still on when I left.
I asked if she'd be alright unattended :)lol:) and she said, "Yeah, I has superthread and Ali". But she probably did go pass out! She was quite hammered!

Patriotism is nowhere near as big a deal here as it is in the USA... and I have to say, a lot of the most vocally "patriotic" or "proud" Australians that I've seen, are also the most racist, bigoted wankers I've ever had the misfortune to share a nationality with. It really doesn't encourage me, at least, to come over all bursting with Australian pride. I mean, what's so good? Okay, we invented a bionic ear, that's pretty cool, but I don't think it justifies getting misty-eyed over the (mostly boring and anachronistic) flag.

Whoah. Sorry. :lol:

That did puzzle me when I went to download this one... I think I got the second one?

*gets first one*

Yes, the one opening with Twilight was the second show. The earlier show is the one that a good number of b-sides were taken from, and that was released in full with the iTunes Complete U2 package. U2 had a pretty rough schedule to start March 1981: two shows on the 3rd in Washington DC, shows on the 4th and 5th, two shows in Boston on the 6th, a show on the 7th, and finally a day off on the 8th!

Also, I recommend the other Boston Boy gig, from the second leg - their first trip the US. 1980-12-13. There's this comment on U2VT:

Comments: Roughly 150 people are in attendance for U2's set, even though the capacity is 500. Nonetheless, the crowd is very enthusiastic and calls for not just one encore (which was 11 O'clock Tick Tock) but two (which was Out Of Control). By the time Barooga [the main act] take the stage, only 40 audience members are left, some of whom are U2 and their crew. This concert began U2's strong connection with the city of Boston, a "home away from home" for the band.

I think I and some others here may be poor examples of the typical Australian. Certainly I love the country, but I don't deny the bloodshed of its past or the arsekissing it's committed towards the States and Britain. It needs to grow much more for me to be truly proud of it. It's still better than New Zealand, though.

Patriotism is nowhere near as big a deal here as it is in the USA... and I have to say, a lot of the most vocally "patriotic" or "proud" Australians that I've seen, are also the most racist, bigoted wankers I've ever had the misfortune to share a nationality with. It really doesn't encourage me, at least, to come over all bursting with Australian pride. I mean, what's so good? Okay, we invented a bionic ear, that's pretty cool, but I don't think it justifies getting misty-eyed over the (mostly boring and anachronistic) flag.

Whoah. Sorry. :lol:

:heart: this post.

:lol:

Well, I can be a postwhore at times.
When my stone age dial up is willing to be at least slightly cooperative, anyway.

Then I suppose it's time to give you the postwhorehouse's good old initiation ritual! We get people to take the Purity Test and post their score: 100 Point Purity Test

(We're also tentatively working on our own Superthread Purity Test ...)

I took some tylenol PM last night for my headache and she was still on when I left.
I asked if she'd be alright unattended :)lol:) and she said, "Yeah, I has superthread and Ali". But she probably did go pass out! She was quite hammered!

:lol: Yeah, she just stopped posting, much in the style of Mia and Khan in the past when they've drunkposted and passed out!

:uhoh: I did try to hold her hair when she expressed the opinion that throwing up is not fun, but she hadn't actually thrown up (then, anyway)...

Hey Ali! :wave:
Isn't it past your bedtime?

:wink:
If I had to do anything tomorrow, possibly... but I tend to stay up too late on weeknights anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom