Weed, California Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #346
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post

I love , also it's used on a lot of hip and indie forums positively so people should be using it more so they can be cool.
I'd use it if its thumb weren't sticking out.

Must say, I laughed when I watched a video on YouTube of U2 doing an acoustic Walk On and somebody gave the band the horns. Yeah ... no.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #347
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, sigh... that sort of sunny pop, yes. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that's the limit to the Beach Boys and don't bother with even listening to Pet Sounds just because they expect all the songs to be about surfing. I think it's funny that Surf's Up is called Surf's Up at all, since it has nothing to do with surfing, is beautifully melancholic and is the best song ever written blah blah blah. There's a point in the sixties where the surf-pop ends and they start doing wonderful stuff, but in the seventies during hardships there was some reverting back to the old ways, or at worst, Brian Wilson doing rock n' roll. But I can laugh at the Beach Boys failures as much as I can with those of U2. And if you ask me, some of those tracks were certainly great pop records.
You know, I actually have Pet Sounds on my external hard drive. Maybe I should give it another listen sometime just to form a proper opinion about it. I only played it once and it didn't really strike me. But certainly not right now, since I'm tired and in a bit of a ... weird mood that is causing me to listen to both very intense death metal and very atmospheric sprawling stuff at the other end of the musical spectrum. Shame nobody here really digs metal, because I've some awesome stuff to push onto anybody who does. Wait, Ravva does. Will have to hope she shows up tomorrow.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #348
The Male

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Must say, I laughed when I watched a video on YouTube of U2 doing an acoustic Walk On and somebody gave the band the horns. Yeah ... no.
Is it just me, or are there some really stupid people in this world?

Now.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #349
The Male

Quote:
You know, I actually have Pet Sounds on my external hard drive. Maybe I should give it another listen sometime just to form a proper opinion about it. I only played it once and it didn't really strike me. But certainly not right now, since I'm tired and in a bit of a ... weird mood that is causing me to listen to both very intense death metal and very atmospheric sprawling stuff at the other end of the musical spectrum. Shame nobody here really digs metal, because I've some awesome stuff to push onto anybody who does. Wait, Ravva does. Will have to hope she shows up tomorrow.
If it weren't for the vocals, I would love metal, especially melodic black metal.

But I just know There Will Be Death Growls.

Now.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #350
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
And most of them only post in 2 forums here.

Thanks for the diaries last night, got me back into listening to U2 for a bit.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #351
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
And most of them only post in 2 forums here.

Thanks for the diaries last night, got me back into listening to U2 for a bit.

The diaries were good times. I haven't listened to UF in ages. It's more of a winter record for me.

Now.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:29 AM
Well, I now know how to amuse myself if I go to a concert and they play acoustic Walk On, then.

Look for idiots.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #353
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

UF and Achtung are both in my U2 Top 5, now I remember why.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Quote:
Heh, I make all of my own LJ icons, but I assure you that they are spectacularly craptastic and done with the mad powah of MS Paint. Still, I like to at least be able to say that I tried, and that it's my own creation. I've been meaning to make some extra-nerdy ones using my own train and tram photographs. And if you have any setlist questions about stuff disappearing and whatnot, certainly I'd be happy to take a stab at answers.

It really surprises me that Internet access is so unfortunately dodgy in your area. It sounds so much like Aussie stories! There's this tendency here to look at the US, Europe, and certain Asian nations and think "sigh, why can't we have Internet as good as that?" The low density, spread-out population of Australia, plus the massive costs associated with linking this part of the world to the rest of the planet, means that Internet access is damn expensive and technological innovations take longer. I think your situation could be any number of rural towns here in Victoria!

Well, I'm an albino, so I like to say my hair is white, but I guess it's really a light blonde. Why bother describing it? Here is the only photo of me that I genuinely like: Me in the door of Wellington tram 239 (I am sure you can see how the longer it gets, the more I resemble October-era Adam!)
I haven't used MS Paint since high school!
I used to just use icons other people made until I was able to make my own because I failed (and still do fail) to operate paint! And I prefer to use my own stuff because like you said, I made it and I am proud to say that, even if they aren't as good as others. The icon I'm using on here right now, I had an animated version of (with the text from my location) but interference said we couldn't use animated icons! That was quite the surprise to me because I used one before. (Animated snow.)
And thanks, I'll keep that in mind! The only one I really wonder about for the time being is Ultraviolet anyway, but a lot of the Zoo era stuff disappeared in later eras anyway so I figured that's why, plus it seemed like they had a problem playing it proper live. I'm just quite partial to that song since it's my favourite. And I really wish they'd play it again!

I think internet access is like this in all small areas in the bigger countries. Since a lot of older people live in areas like this, or poor people, there aren't very many people who have computers (in fact, I only know a handful), so there isn't a lot of demand for internet, therefore, most get by with just providing dial up. Then the higher speed stuff is always ridiculously over priced. Well, that's my best stab at it anyway. But like I say, I am glad to have at least this even though I would prefer higher speed because dial up is such the big pain that it is.

I like that picture of you. It looks like a light blonde to me. I love your hair! It DOES make you look like October era Adam, that is so cool!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #355
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I am pretty sure your signature provides a better answer to this than I could.

Quote:
If it weren't for the vocals, I would love metal, especially melodic black metal.

But I just know There Will Be Death Growls.

If you were genuinely interested, I could find plenty of metal with clean vocals. Prog and power metal solely do clean vocals (though they also tend to bring the cheese), and doom metal tends to be clean too. But yeah, you're pretty tough out of luck with regards to black and death metal. Which is a shame, because what I want to push onto people is Lykathea Aflame, and their growls are easily some of the most inaccessible I've ever heard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict

Shit.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #357
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Shit.

(Pictured: left)
Old 07-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #358
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:59 PM
I'm waiting to listen to all of U2's albums closer to the new album release.

Who did a U2 diary last night?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post

(Pictured: left)
I also see some in it.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #360
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Ax, El-Mel, then I joined in.

Ended around 4 o'clock, then I slept and apparently Screwy showed up.

Tags
superthread